Recently updated but only 1 room available

While I was touring this facility, I really liked the director [Removed]. The facility is older and they do not have in-room laundry. The building was very pretty and they had been doing a bunch of updating. The community is close to downtown and it’s in a nice neighborhood. I also like that it is close to lakes so my mom would be able to go there for outings and shopping. When we toured they, unfortunately, had only one opening but I would recommend it for other families to tour.

A new home for my parents

It’s been an adjustment but I’m very glad I moved my parents in because they’re getting the care that they need. I think my Dad is thriving here and he loves the food. The staff seems to be very responsive and provides the level of care that they really need. They appear to be well cared for so that’s all we could ask for. I’m very pleased with the cleanliness and I don’t see any areas where they’re lacking. The apartment is being cleaned on a regular basis and just the general appearance of the facility is very satisfactory. They just went through a redecorating phase when we moved them in so everything looks very fresh and clean. The restrooms are well taken care of and clean and the dining area always has fresh linens. Overall, things seem to be going well.

Beautiful Community, High Resident to Caregiver Ratio

I looked at Meridian Manor while exploring options for my husband. I thought that the community was beautiful, I was already familiar with it because I knew other residents already there, but I did not like that the nurses station was too floors away, and the resident to caregiver ratio was higher that I would have liked.

Lovely facility. Beautiful garden grounds fenced and shared by both memory and assisted/independent. Strongly considered but felt it wasn't quite the right fit for mom.

Everything is going fine!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far we are pleased with how things are going for her so far. The staff have been easy to communicate with and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving. She has had no complaints about the meals and is enjoying participating in some of the activities from time to time. Overall it has been a good fit and we are happy with how things are going so far.

This has been a rough transititon so far

My parent's transition here has been a rough one. The one reason my parents came here was that my mom is completely immobile and needs a portable lift which this community has until just recently when it broke down and has not been repaired and they do not know when it will be repaired. We are seeing some changes here and my parents are now getting to go down to the dining room for their meals which they really like and since there was a change in the director of nursing they are now starting to address my mother's needs, they have brought in a home health aide, physical therapy and occupaitional therapy for her. So they are starting to stay on top of things and we like the changes we are seeing. They do have some wonderful staff here that really help with my mom and there are a few though I feel are lacking.

He is doing okay...

The staff is really trying to accommodate my father since his move in. The place I think is wonderful. I have tried the food and it is too bland in my opinion but he likes it.

Too Small Of A Memory Care

My tour with them went extremely well. During my tour I found that it was not exclusive to memory care. It has a blend of assisted living and independent living. One would be in an tiny room. The memory care area looked to be for 6-7 people. I had the confidence she would be fine but i feel there it was very confined.

An extraordinary director

Meridian Manor is our choice because it brand new director. It is near my house so it is convenient for me. The staff is unbelievable.. They have nurses (CNAs) on staff in the building 24-hours a day. So, she gets medications deliver to her twice a day because she has some dementia and can't remember when to take them. I can get hold of the staff any time that I want to. [Removed] is truly a dedicated, knowledgeable director and he truly cares about my parent. We are very happy with them.

A Good Community For My Parents

This is a lovely community, they are taking good care of my parents. I know they are safe and receiving great care. The staff is great, they are helpful and accommodating. I do think they could use some more aids to help out. They do a good job with the cleaning, their room and the facility is well maintained. There are activities offered for the residents. The food is very good, the portions are a good size for a senior. Overall everything is working out well and I would recommend it.

Meridian Manor

Very nice setting, building and atmosphere.
The staff are attentive and very responsive without being intrusive. My mother adjusted quickly to this much more active and caring situation than the one she had outlived because of her reducing capacity. Our anxiety, and her anxiety, were quickly relieved after moving her to Meridian Manor.

We like it!

We like it! The care we have been getting has been really good. We liked the welcoming, homey facility, and how the staff really seem to care, and their approach that this is their home.

Welcoming and Responsive Staff

The staff at Meridian Manor has been very welcoming and very responsive to any questions we have placed. The food, which is an important factor, has been very good and the overall condition of the facility is very good.

mom is very happy there

The woman that I met with to show me the room, there were a few things that she told me (some discounts that she was going to put in place, for example) that did not come to fruition. That is my one complaint.

Other than that it has been a really good experience. The staff is great, food is great, the place is immaculately clean, and mom is very happy there.

nice facility, friendly staff

It is a nice clean facility with a very good layout that I love. They do need new carpet as the current carpet is old and worn out. The staff is very friendly, and they have more and better activities than anywhere else.

The aids generally are very good, though there have been a couple of small issues. It turns out that they aids there are not certified nursing assistants as I was led to believe (though they do meet the state certification requirements) and there have been a couple of medication errors.

Saw it Nov 08 or so. It w...

Saw it Nov 08 or so. It was cheerful. No two beds available. There was an option for putting a 2nd bed in the LR, but that is not ideal.

It's good but not alot of "outside" r...

It's good but not alot of "outside" room. Best feature - next door to Community Church>

My mom really likes this place. Long ...

My mom really likes this place. Long Term Care Ins. accepted for rent, but not services. Transportation provided. EVENING MEAL ONLY in base rate. Assisted living & can remain in that apartment & receive advanced care. Assisted Living Packages $655 (up to 15 hrs./month to $3,505 (up to 90 hrs./month) Base rate of $85

I had a delightful visit with directo...

I had a delightful visit with director. This property was not exactly what I am looking for.

Established in 1995, Meridian Manor is located in the lakeside community of Wayzata, Minnesota. Park-like grounds and tastefully decorated common areas create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Meridian blends the comfort and independence of private apartments with a flexible selection of services and amenities to meet our resident’s changing needs. Our Care Suite has private bedrooms and common living areas with dedicated Home Care staff for residents who need a higher level of supervision and assistance. Several floor plans are available, ranging from studios to two-bedrooms. Apartments can be combined or remodeled to accommodate the resident’s preferences.

24-hour on-site home care services are delivered by a Class A Medicare-certified provider. An emergency pendant call system, wanderguard bracelets and controlled access entries provide a high level of safety and security without compromising the dignity or our residents. Dining in our restaurant is a social experience in itself, with award-winning menus and outstanding service under the direction of a professional chef and a dietician. Our activity calendar is filled with entertainment events, recreational outings, exercise programs, crafts, games and social interactions. Frequent customer surveys consistently report that we meet or exceed their expectations. Come for a visit and ask them yourself!