Meadows at Glenwyck - Glenville, NY

One Step Up from an Assisted Living Facility!!

Please stop touting this "Facility" as a 55+ community. I have worked in the geriatric field for about 4 years now. This "Facility" is one "step up" from an Assisted Living Facility. It was a Very Very Expensive Lesson to learn. Do your Homework!!!!!!!!"

Just wasn't a good fit for us

The place was clean and very well maintained. Everyone there was very friendly and welcoming. The thing was that it did not seem like my mother would fit in
The different levels and the long hallways it felt more like a big hotel.

Scott Bryant

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit with us! With regard to the levels, we are independent living and don't have levels of care. Please feel free to come back again and visit. Be sure to keep an eye out in the Gazette for upcoming presentations!

The best choice!

The first thing my son said when we heard about the activities they provided "They are going to wear her out!" Mom really loves the card games, dominoes, and bingo. She also enjoys the physical activities, tai chi, and the balance exercises. They have someone who leads the activities and encourages the residents to participate. Included in the price they provide a continental breakfast, it is really more of a social gathering. It is a nice way to get the day started. She loves her apartment and has decorated it to look and feel like her homes always have. My son has visited and enjoyed breakfast with her, they are very welcoming to the families. Out of five the places we toured, this community was the best overall.

We are comfortable!

My husband and I are adjusting well. We are still moving stuff and getting used to the changes. The only meal that is offered is a continental breakfast and that fine. They have a nice variety of activities like exercise programs, games, and they even have an indoor heated pool. Our apartment is comfortable and it has been a good experience so far for us.

very nice apartments and very nice people and my mother is thinking about it but not sure if they can afford it

This is a great new family in our journey of life.

I enjoy living in this family community.
Everyone is welcoming.
The setting is a very homey feeling.

Wonderful

My Mother-In-Law is doing wonderful. . .she is doing just fine. We are pleased with the staff, the cleanliness of the facility and the level of care my Mother-In-Law is receiving here.

Very nice place, friendly people

Overall I think they do a very good job at Meadows at Glenwyck. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the people are very friendly. The maintenance people get right on top of things if you ever make a request! We love the place, and Mom seems very happy here! The only issue we've had is that sometimes there is nobody at the front desk, which has left visiting relatives stranded outside. If they could get a little better coverage for the front desk things would be perfect!