Holiday at the Atrium - Glenville, NY

Holiday at the Atrium was an answer to prayer for my friend. We both loved the homey open atmosphere, friendly staff as well as residents. My friend signed a lease today and is so excited to be moving into such a welcoming community.

My parents care

We toured this community. We were able to get the questions answered we had. They offered us to come back for lunch. They do have activities for the residents. The community is clean and I liked the environment. I will be taking my parents here for a tour and hope that this is what they are wanting for a new community to call home. I would be glad to recommend this community for other families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Pleased with My Move here

I'am very pleased with my move to this community. Everyone have been very welcoming, and kind. Everything looks great, they do a great job with the cleanliness overall. It has been a great experience, and I would recommend this community.

Tour went great select them as my new home

Great Mangers To Work With

My parents are doing well here, and I'am pleased with their move here. So everything is working out pretty well. This is a nice community, they a good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is good, and the mangers have been great to work with. They have nice activities available for the residents. The food is okay, they do serve nice well balanced meals. I know they are safe in a good community. This is a community I would recommend.

A great place for my mom

My mother and I had the opportunity to visit Holiday at the Atrium in July and my mom really liked the homey atmosphere. I was very impressed with Dawn, the sales leader who really presented the advantages of living in a senior community to my less than enthusiastic mother. Mom wasn't ready to make the move but we cautioned her that her home was no longer safe for her on her own and we really wanted her to make the move before she was forced to move due to a fall. As it happened, in August mom fell and went from the hospital to rehab and finally to a lovely apartment at the Atrium. It is perfect for her. The meals are delicious and served by a wonderful wait staff. The lady who cleans her apartment introduced herself to us and couldn't have been nicer. All of the staff have been very welcoming. The residents are friendly and have made my mom feel at home. Even the long term residents have high praise for this community. We are so happy that our mom is safe and adjusting to her new life. Many thanks to Jessica at A Place for Mom for directing us to this senior community.

Good value if size of Apt is important

The location and size of the apt. for the cost was the deciding factor when choosing this facility. I'm not sure that the food or activities are as good as other locations we visited, but, my family members have only been there for a couple of weeks and are still adjusting to the move.

There seemed to be a lot of up front fees that we weren't expecting. We went from having the one time community fee waived ($4600) to having it added back when we wanted to lock in the rent amount, which is equal to 2 months rent paid over 3 months. So there can be a lot of up front payment with this place.

It's a great place!

"Wow" Factor

Just a friendly and cooperative staff. The facility itself, you walk in the door and there is a certain wow factor you get from it. You truly get the sense that the staff cares about the residents there.

Nice place for ordinary folk

-The atrium setting provides an excellent indoor walking space for residents. The pictures on this website are somewhat dated. Those plastic plants have been replaced with real ones, an herb garden has been installed in one corner, and the inside balconies abound with residents' own plants. Outside, there's now a flower garden at the entrance. Residents and staff are pretty friendly. There is a variety of suitable activities, although I'm told that participation is spotty.
-This is not a population of well-heeled, fashionable, fit 60-year olds, as the company ads might suggest. People here are generally well on in years, many with walkers or wheelchairs, hearing or visual impairments, and other problems.
-A very nice place with a couple of drawbacks: Laundry rooms are used by staff doing residents' linens, so during those hours, laundry rooms are off-limit to residents; There's only a tiny, unattractive area for outside sitting or walking.

Place OK. Residents, not so much!

Place is beautiful. An independent senior community. Residents are mean and need to mind their own business. They judge and gossip. It's like I am back in high school. Everyone has an opinion, making the decision more difficult and emotional. The manager, at the time of visiting, was enthusiastic and positive, but presented a deceiving view of the place in it's entirety. The so-called "ambassadors" were not helpful and after a few days, one abruptly stated, "your mom needs a nurse!" (NOT in a helpful, kind, respectful manner)
The food choices are not always healthy or what I consider an appropriate diet for seniors. Same activities day after day, week after week.

The managers and staff were...

The managers and staff were wonderful, very helpful and very friendly. The meal was wonderful and the atmosphere was very comfortable. The only drawback I found was that the apartment living space was smaller than I was interested in

Would not recommend

I really can't recommend this place. While my loved one was there they did a great job taking care of him, and seemed very friendly. However, once he was no longer a resident everything changed. One of the major selling points and reason we chose the Atrium was that they offered us a deal where we would not be under their standard 3 month contract, since we weren't sure my loved one would make it that long. When this ended up being the case they did not honor this deal, we kept receiving bills, and they became very impersonal and difficult to work with. They went so far as to send us to a collection agency when we wouldn't pay the charges we had not agreed to.
They handled this entire situation very poorly, and it has ended up being a very bad experience for our family.

Must See Sr. Living Community - Holiday @ the Atrium

Outstanding facility in all areas including great food, cleanliness, activities and value.

Turnover of Employees, Employee Abuse and Elder Abuse no Holiday is HELL-aDAY

Look at these [removed] [removed]

If your loved one falls, be aware they will lay on the floor until you come get them. Unstable, uncaring senior retirement living.

Great Community

The fact that it is independent living but you can still get meals and your apartment cleaned really makes it a great community. This community was just a good fit for our loved one and we are very pleased with them. I would recommend them to anyone.

Impressive Community

Holiday at the Atrium is a very nice and impressive community. Everyone is very nice and being here is really helping out my loved one. When we toured the community we really liked what they had to offer and ended up choosing for our loved one. The food here is very good and everything is just going great. We are very pleased with them.