Meadowlark Estates - Lawrence, KS

Community fee disguised as a deposit

Please note: what may be discussed as a "deposit" is really a "community fee." My mother-in-law passed away earlier this year; 1/2 of the "deposit" was kept for the remainder of the month's rent, but the other 1/2 was not refunded because it's now termed a "community fee." My mother-in-law would've NEVER agreed to this.

Caring For My Friend Well

They are caring for my friend very well and I am pleased with the choice to move her here. The community is really nice with kind people. The staff is very patient with her and trying to help get her adjusted. Everything is going well so far. This is good community with good people.

The facility is really nice and kept very clean. The staff is very helpful and caring. This seems like a very secure place for the residents here.

Helpful Staff

We don't live near there, but Meadowlark Estates went all out as far as offering us the tour, and a place to stay while we were helping my loved one get situated there. The staff was very helpful and the food was very good.

5 Stars

They seem to keep an eye on him and if there is any any problem they let me know immediately. My brother happy with the staff and facility is clean.

It has been very good. She loves it.

It has been very good. She loves it. They really made the move easy. She loves the activities, she goes and exercises all the time, and loves the food. And they even let her stay there a week in a guest room, while we were getting everything moved, to make the transition easier for her. They have been just great.

This was by-far the best ex...

This was by-far the best experience. Very warm welcome and excellent and friendly management. You are behind though in your information as the Peer's are no longer there. The entire experience was very favorable and enjoyable. However, as I have mentioned before, and explained to them, that I am not ready to make a move/decision at this time. This would be a high contender however,

Moving into Meadowlark Estates is a great experience

Everyone I have met and have had personal contact with at Meadowlark has been wonderful!! Doug and Mary Wells the Marketing Representatives for the company are simply fantastic! When we started our journey of trying to find my father in law a place to live that will meet all his care needs but still give him the independance he so desperately wants we had no idea where to start this whole experience was complety new to us. They held our hand through the entire process we couldn't be any happier with our decision but the best part of it all is my father in law is happy!! Phyllis and Larry in the office are so friendly and since my father in law has been there they have went above and beyond to make him feel welcome!

They're fantastic! The cleanliness an...

They're fantastic! The cleanliness and overall appearance really made them stand out. We toured with the manager and he was very easygoing and friendly.

They're doing a fantastic job for the money. They have a 24/7 care service staff but they do have Med-Alert necklaces that they give all the residents.

The activities? Oh, my goodness - my father's doing things that he'd never have done before if we had kept him at home. He helps care for the rose garden and they have yoga classes and movie nights as well.

We believe that Meadowlark Estates Gracious Retirement Living is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At Meadowlark Estates Gracious Retirement Living, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Meadowlark Estates Gracious Retirement Living features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.