Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar - Lawrence, KS

• Recreational & Social Activities

A great place for Mom and my sister.

Recently I had to find a place for my mother and my sister to live. I did a good amount of research and toured many facilities. Many seemed very cold and clinical. The opposite experience was Arbor Court. Warm and inviting with lots of natural light. No long dark hallways here! The decision was pretty easy. Mom and my Sister have been there for 7 months now and it just keeps getting better for them. They love the activities and most of all the friendly staff and people. As for me I have been particularly impressed with how helpful and friendly the staff is. You can tell this is not just a job for them. They are professionals that love their job and genuinely care for their community. That means a lot to a son who loves his mom and sister.

Tracy Harmon

Thank you so much for sharing your mother and sister with us! We enjoy every minute with them

Home like atmosphere. All the apartments have a front window which looks out into the common areas plus a bedroom window. Full size appliances kitchen - range, frig, dishwasher. Are willing to work with vegetarian diets. The residents we spoke with really enjoy living at this place.

Tracy Harmon

Thank you very much for the positive review. We appreciate working for you and our resident's happiness.

Moms Experience at Arbor Court

My Mom was not convinced at all about moving from her home of 38 years. She agreed to come visit Arbor Court after hearing how impressed we were with the facility. Mom was also so impressed that she put her deposit down that day! Although she has only been there close to 4 months, we have seen what a quality facility this is. She has had some difficult unexpected health issues, and everyone has been so helpful and concerned and have done what they can do to help her out. The building is very pleasant, the room are very spacious and they even have a nice storage space for overflow items in the lower level of the building. It is nicely landscaped for outside sitting and many areas for group activities. The chef has a very difficult job of cooking for many types of diets and really tries to accommodate everyone. Mom is very happy at Arbor Court.

Tracy Harmon

We have such a great time with your mom! Thank you so much for sharing her with us and hoping her health issues are resolved soon so she can be involved even more.

What a great place.

I was concerned about how my mom would adapt after living in her own home for many years. She loves it. The staff is wonderful. They made her feel loved and welcomed from the start. It has always been very clean. Her apartment is just what she needs with lots of storage space. The food is good. They encourage socialization with nice lounge areas and plenty of activities to keep them busy. My mom enjoys the Bingo 3x a week. She also enjoys walking for exercise inside around the upstairs balcony. She feels safe and knows help is nearby should she need it. They plan nice trips and there is not reason to be bored or alone unless she chooses. She is happy and we are happy knowing she is in a safe environment.

Tracy Harmon

Thank you so much for sharing your mother with us!

Relieved daughter

My mom has been at Arbor Court for over a year and it has exceeded our expectations. We were concerned since she had been in her own home for many years but she adapted very easily. How could she not??? The staff is great- very caring & loving and made her feel right at home. Any questions or problems are taken care of right away. It is very clean and well maintained. Her apartment is nice. The food is good. She loves being able to safely walk inside around the upstairs balcony for exercise without fear of falling and no one being near to help her. They encourage socialization with their pleasant lounges and activities including several outings each month. She really enjoys the Bingo 3x a week. She has everything she needs here and and we have the ease of mind knowing that help is just a button click away if she needs it and that she is happy.

Tracy Harmon

We absolutely love being able to spend time with your mom and family. Thank you for the opportunity.

Home Sweet Home

The minute we walk in the door our family fell in Love with this place. Home Sweet Home for our family. Our father has been here for over a year now and is Very Happy. Great Staff, Great Friends, Great activities and Great Food. If you want call me [removed] [name removed]

Tracy Harmon

Thanks Vicki! We love having your family and dad here at Arbor Court!

Happy mom!

This is a wonderful place with a caring fun staff. My mother fell in love with it the 2nd day she was there. After 62 years in the same home she was quickly calling it home. The rooms are big with full kitchens. She has the largest of the one bedrooms. The meals are very good with huge portions and options if you don't care for the main course. Plenty of activities and things to for those who are more social or peace and quiet for those who aren't. It is also kept very clean and well maintained. We would highly recommend Arbor Court.

Tracy Harmon

We love having your mother and all of your family involved in Arbor Court. Thanks for taking time to write a review.

Wonderful place for Seniors!

An amazing facility! Great value, great staff, very welcoming to all ages and stages of life. Well maintained physical plant except for the parking lot. Apartments are spacious and have nice large windows. Food is good and more than enough for most seniors.

Wonderful senior living facility

The care given to my mother-in-law while a resident of Arbor Court was wonderful and very affordable. I'm glad there was an Arbor Court in Lawrence and I really wish we had known about it sooner. I truly recommend Arbor Court.

Tracy Harmon

We appreciate the opportunity to care for your mother-in-law and wish you would have known about us 5 years ealier. Thank you for taking the time to recommend Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar. Positive reviews and word of mouth will get the word out so folks can enjoy retirement living sooner rather than later.

Best Retirement Community in the area

I was introduced to Arbor Court several years ago when my Grandmother moved in. I also have had two aunts and a couple family friends who have lived here since. We lost my grandfather and winter was coming. Grandma was worried about staying on the farm through the winter months. She moved in December and was only going to stay until March.
March came and she moved home to the farm. After two weeks by herself on the farm, she called us to move her back to Arbor Court. She said the companionship, modern conveniences, fantastic meals, abundant activities and helpful staff, were too much to leave. She lived 4 very happy and full-filling years here. A few months ago, I was given the opportunity to work at Arbor Court. It has been a huge blessing to work here and become even more involved with the residents and their families in this beautiful community. Seeing both sides now, as a resident's family member and now as an employee, has only made me love it more!

Tracy Harmon

Meals were good and staff was friendly

My mother only lived there for one month and fell and broke her hip and had to be moved. While she was there, the meals were very good, the staff was very friendly and helpful and so were the other residents. The facility is very good and kept very clean. They offer a few different kinds of activities like movies, games, the local librarian would come in so people could check out books, and there are exercise programs. They offer a continental breakfast and you can choose a different entrée every day for lunch, however they do not serve supper. You can pay extra, though, for a small boxed dinner if you’re still hungry and want dinner later. If you didn’t want to have something specific, you could choose a different option. There are services that you can request where you can get help with the distribution of medicines and having the blood pressure checked, so there’s a bit of quality control there and it wasn’t an extra fee. I would recommend them.

Tracy Harmon

We appreciate the opportunity to care for your mother. Thank you for taking the time to recommend Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar.

A very nice place!

When I was looking for a place for my wife, I came across Arbor Court. It was a nice facility with nice people, but it was brand new at the time. They only had about 2 residents, and I wanted my wife to be around more people.

Tracy Harmon

Thank you for the review, however, this must be another Arbor. We are Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar. We have been here for 30 years and have many, many happy and healthy residents.

Everything is excellent!

Our loved one seems to be pretty happy at Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar. We are very satisfied with the community and care they have provided. The staff have been wonderful. The meals and and the activities offered are excellent. The cleanliness of the community is excellent!

Melissa Williams

We appreciate the opportunity to care for your loved one. - Arbor Court

My Parents Are Happy Residents

This community has very friendly staff. They do their best at keeping community clean. My dad enjoys the meal provided but my mom is more use to her cooking the food. The staff are doing a good job and I would recommend this community any time.

Melissa Williams

We appreciate the opportunity to care for your parents. Thank you for taking the time to recommend Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar.

Mom Is Comfortable Here

My mother is doing pretty well here at this facility. She doesn't require much care, but she is comfortable here. It is a nice looking community, they do keep my mother's room and the community well maintained. She has tired a few activities that interested her. She is not pleased with the food, they serve a lot of mac n cheese, and pasta. Overall everything is going well and I would recommend it.

Tracy Harmon

We have a fantastic chef and the food is consistently great now. We appreciate the opportunity to care for your family. Thank you for taking the time to recommend Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar.

Wonderful!

My aunt is there and she's very happy. She's getting up and around. Lived with us and spent most of her time on the couch but now that she's there and she doesn't have to go down steps she's getting out with her walker. She's not very active witht he activites but they are offered.

They are very good to their people there. The staff is wonderful!

Tracy Harmon

It’s time to start living your retirement today!

Our community is designed for active adults age 55 and older looking to enjoy a carefree lifestyle and incredible amenities. Enjoy chef prepared meals, housekeeping, local transportation and a fun, upbeat environment. When was the last time you remember having fun laughing with people your own age? Stop by for a visit or call 785-841-6845 for a personal tour and complementary lunch.