Atria Hearthstone - Topeka, KS

Definitely Recommended

We really like Atria Hearthstone, and feel it is a good fit for my loved one. The staff are very knowledgeable, very helpful, very patient, and I think they offer a lot of options here. The food is good, and they have a good activities program. The food is good, and the community is very clean. Definitely Recommended.

Perfect for Mom

We love this community it is close to me so I can visit daily. The place stays clean and tidy. The staff is friendly and helpful.They really go above and beyond to make people happy and safe. She likes the food and eats well. The courtyard is well maintained.

Great place for rest and a great staff

A family member and I chose Atria for my friend after having toured another community and we fell in love with it. There are a few things about this community that really stood out to me. They have signs all over the building that tell the residents that if they don’t come to breakfast by a certain time, then someone on the staff will come to check up on them. And if they’re sick, then they bring the food to them. My friend likes the meals and there’s plenty of food to go around for everyone. She was concerned at first that they might be too small but they’re actually the perfect size. The staff is really nice and helpful, always willing to answer questions, and they even keep nurses on staff. Housekeeping is done well and everything is always clean and smelling nice. Atria also offers memory care, which is great because if she winds up needing that type of care, she wouldn’t have to be moved to a different facility and that makes things so much easier, not only on us but on her as well. They offer bingo, sometimes people will come sing for them, the facility takes the residents to doctor’s appointments as well as the store 3 times a week. There are also tables on each floor that the residents can gather at with other people on their floor to do puzzles and just talk so there’s a big sense of community. I’ve already recommended this place to my own family.

Couldn't ask for more

This is my very first experience with trying to find a senior living community for my uncles and I had no idea what to do or where to even start. Atria Heartstone East made the whole process so easy from start to finish. I grew up around this community, I watched it grow and I’ve even taken my kids to visit and trick or treat there before so I knew immediately that this is where I wanted my uncles to be. The staff is very informative and helpful and my uncles are truly happy with the treatment they receive. I had talked to a few other places before fully deciding to come here and they all seemed to be more concerned with the amount of money we had to spend, whereas Atria is more concerned with the individual and their care needs instead of the money, and that’s really hard to find. The food is amazing, I get to eat with them occasionally and even their sugar free pie tastes like regular pie – and I don’t even like sugar free foods! It’s always so clean and spotless, any problems that arise are taken care of usually within a day. My uncles personally like watching tv, but the staff does a great job of keeping everyone informed of the monthly activities by giving out an activity calendar at the beginning of each month with things like movie nights, bingo, etc.
Overall, the experience that my family is gaining from this community is well worth the price and I’ll definitely recommend Atria to anyone.

Respite Stay

My father in law really enjoyed his short-term stay here. He enjoyed spending time with the residents and loved the food. The staff was very friendly, professional, nice and very accommodating. We were very pleased with the care that he received and will use them again. We would recommend them.

Pleasant Tour

I had a pleasant tour of this community. I toured it for my mother, and her needs. Everyone was kind, and helpful. The staff was friendly, and informative. My questions were answered, and everything went well. My tour of this community was a pleasant one.

Sit out front and look at the fish

This is a beautiful community lovely furniture out side to sit and relax and look at the fish. Out back they have a nice patio out back for the resident to sit. Inside is clean very updated. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful excellent communication with them. She is liking the food.
They offer activities such as bingo and cards. I can't believe how well my mother in law has adjusted so well here it has truly been a blessing

Well cared for!

Mom has settled in very nicely into Atria. The staff is very friendly and care about her well-being. She seems to like the food provided. She had been losing weight and needs the extra reminder to eat. The staff will come and walk with her down to breakfast. The staff encourages her to participate in the numerous activities. She is making friends and definitely thriving in this environment. I recently took her out to lunch and enjoyed how happy she is. I know we made the right choice.

We loved Atria! [Removed] was so welcoming, and he gave us a lot of information without any pressure. The tour of the facility was great, too. As we are still gathering information, we want to see some more places.

A tour for care

We toured this community for care for our mom. We did not want a two story level for care. We liked the lunch that we had at the time of the tour.We found it to be very clean and maintained. They do have alot of activities. We would recommend this community for other families to tour for the care of a loved one.

At this time Atria Hearthstone East would be the perfect fit for Mom. Walking around and seeing all the facility gave us the calm feeling we needed to know if this place would be right. Our guide [Removed] was the best.

Amazing facility!

My loved one's stay at Atria is going great! The facility is very clean and the staff is amazing! My loved one is always busy with the different activities they offer, and they feed her so much that my loved one's pants are fitting tighter! Overall, my loved one's stay at Atria has been wonderful!

This is a very nice place but has 3 floors and I am not sure how my mother would handle the elevator situation.

A good experience!

I think I would recommend this community because my loved one is doing awesome there, she is in Atria West and once they took them off of lockdown and she was able to socialize her attitude has changed. My loved one is doing very well, she has joined exercise programs, movies and she has been out talking with her neighbors. It has turned out to be a really good place and we are happy.

Hard time acclimating...

My mother is having a difficult time adjusting at Atria. The staff does their best and tries to make her comfortable. They offer many activities and they encourage her to join in. She's unhappy with most aspects because she is resistant to the move at this time. So far, I have no complaints with Atria.

Welcoming environment,delicious food and great staff!

My parents, myself and family are all very impressed with Atria. They have been extremely cooperative and responsive to any of our needs. The staff knows us when we walk in the door and has built a relationship with our family.I think they honestly care about the residents and their well-being. [Removed] in maintenance will do anything for the residents. My mother asked him to fix the fridge because it was making a strange noise. He replaced a part and it is like brand new. He hung up a magnetic frame for my mother that my sister and I bought. There was a tornado warning and one of the directors, [Removed] came by the community with her husband to make sure all the residents were on the first floor and safe. She wasn't even working and I think that speaks volumes that the staff truly cares about the people who live there. Even staff members in other areas of the community are accommodating. I've eaten several meals with my parents at Atria. They offer a menu with a variety of entrees, if you don't like what is served on the menu they are more than happy to make you a sandwich or salad.My step-father is a big eater, the portion sizes aren't enough for him and they allow him to have as many helpings as he wishes. Our main goal was to get my mother to socialize more and I think Atria allows her to do that. The experience has been very positive so far.It gives our family peace of mind that the staff is so caring and they will have the ability to meet my parents care needs if they change.

I have not regretted for a minute choosing this community!

Our experience has been absolutely top notch! It has been the best place to put my mother. We like what they do for her so far and the people are great. She is acclimated. There is no smell, the place is very clean. When the mother is not feeling well, they worry about her and I could not ask for more. They also respect her privacy, I can not say enough good things about this place! They even worked with us on pricing.

Nice Place!!

I had taken a tour of the west building at Atria but did not get a chance to do a tour of the east property. I thought that the bathrooms where a little small and the rooms where a little aged for the price. It was more expensive then others that I looked at with more to offer. Overall the place was nice but It was not the right fit for my father .

Mom did a week of respite care here. It was okay but made her realize she still had a lot of life in her.

Mom Is In Great Hands

I have no problems with this community since choosing them for my mom. The management is very accommodating and professional with the care. It has a warm homey feeling through out the community. She is doing fine and I have had no concerns.

Hard decision made easy.

My Mother has a one bedroom apartment and it is large and filled with light. It has a walk in closet and a bathroom that can accommodate her physical needs. The facility is small and doesn't have a lot of gathering areas, but that is fine with my Mom. She prefers a smaller environment because it is easier for her to get around. The activities are limited, but they did ask Mom what her interests are and tried to incorporate them. The wi-fi is spotty - I love that this is an issue for my Mom! She is happy with the food and I have eaten with her and agree the food is fine. She has on ly been there a few weeks so it is early days, but I think she is happy with her new place.

[Removed] is the best possible person to help a family through the very difficult process of placing a family member into an assisted living facility.
Every problem that we had, big or small,[Removed] was there to help us. No matter when, he made time for us. He made the process very easy and understandable.

Amazing Staff

This community is working out to be a really good fit for my mother and her needs. I'am satisfied with her move to this community. I know she is safe and in a good place. The staff really goes above and beyond for the residents. Everyone from the nursing staff to the dining staff is great. She is doing very well, and she has adjusted very well to this community. I would recommend this community, it is a great place.

Lots of Activities !!

My loved one has really gotten involved in the community, she often plays cards with other residents and participates in other activities throughout the day like bingo. The complex is always kept clean and has a beautiful porch outside that my mother sits at for some fresh air.

Atria Topeka

Mom was at atria for only 8 days, respite care. She was given a friend to help her adjust. The friend was not as healthy as Mom. The friend was a very nice person but contantly repeated her stories as if she didn't remember telling it before. I don't think it is time for Mom to live in a care facility yet.

Mom's Happy Here

We are very happy with the care at this community. The staff is outstanding in everyway. The food is very good here. They have alot of activities for her to participate in. We would highly recommend this community to other families.

We had a bad experience with Atria Hearthstone!

The move for my loved one proved to be traumatic. When we chose the community I was told that they would be able to provide the care my loved one required. Within a few weeks time they told me they could not handle my loved ones needs. There was only one nurse who worked with my loved one and I was not happy with the care that she received at Atria Hearthstone East and West.

Kate Vance

I appreciate you reaching out to us with your concerns. I'd like to learn more about your experience so I can help. Would you mind emailing me at [removed]? Then I can gain a better understanding of the circumstances and share this information with those who are best positioned to address the matter.

Home sweet home!

I am very satisfied with the Atria Hearthstone East and West. The staff are very friendly and do a great job of communicating with me. They offer a variety of activities that I can enjoy. The community is well kept and very clean.

Very Terrible Experience

We had a terrible experience here at this community. I would not recommend this community to anybody. When we first arrived to check my father in, they were not ready for him. We had to hire extra care giver's to help with his care. They said they would provide transportation, but they were not able to provide it in a manner that was safe for my father. They were not good with his personal care. His laundry was supposed to be done weekly, they rarely did it. We had repeated conversations with them to improve things, but nothing ever happened. We were very disappointed with our experiences.

Kate Vance

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I’m sorry to learn that our community wasn't the right fit for your family. I'd be glad to speak more with you directly. If you'd like to continue this conversation, I can be reached at [removed].

Still Adjusting...

I expected more from this community. They are clean and nice throughout the community. I have noticed they offer activities for residents but since my mom is not able to do much she does other light things that are offered. My mom likes her meals provided. The staff are all nice, they give the proper care and provide light cleaning. I am not sure if i would recommend, no real complaints, I just expected more.

Mixed experience

We had somewhat of a mixed experience with Atria Hearthstone. We've used their community for both independent and assisted living, and had very different experiences.The facility itself is generally always very clean and nice looking. However, when my loved one was in independent living we had a lot of trouble communicating with the staff. It was difficult to get return calls, and we had repeated billing issues.

We later moved her into their assisted living section, and that has been a much better experience, and we are happy with how things are going. The aide staff is friendly and professional, and they're taking very good care of her.

Kate Vance

I’m glad to hear that your loved one is enjoying life in our community. I appreciate the feedback about your experience as a whole, and we’ll use it to continue to enhance her experience. I welcome you to share anything else with me directly at [removed].

Supportive staff. Spacious rooms.

We like Atria Hearthstone a lot, and my Father seem to like it. He's comfortable there. He has his privacy. I like the outdoor areas that they have. They have nice options for entertainment and activities. They are really supportive of their residents. He seems to like the food. The rooms are spacious and they have a lot of storage space. Each resident has the option to have a refrigerator in their room, Atria provides it. I'm really impressed with their housekeeping service in the room.

They get a big thumbs up

I don't have any major complaints at all. We moved from one side to the other, as we needed memory care. They were very nice, and made the move easier for us. The head guy, Ed, was very nice. He and the maintenance man helped move all of her stuff from one side to the other. That was a tremendous help! Ed and all the staff are helping my mom so much, we just are so grateful. EVERYBODY is just awesome, the WAITERS are so caring, I have never seen that before. They get a big thumbs up.

An answer to prayer!

We have had other family members and friends that have lived here and through there being here and our getting to know and work with staff to manage health care decisions on their behalf, we were blessed to get to know several of them very well. We just got my mother to get an apartment here and she is already loving it. While it was difficult for her to give up her home, she has found that her main furniture and things she decorated her house with actually have made this new apartment her new home.

She is still free to do what she wants and go where she wants, but now she is more safe and secure knowing that there is 24 hr nursing staff here in the event she would ever need medical attention. The food here is wonderful and you are served as if you were in a nice restaurant. The rooms are adequate in size and come furnished with full sized refrigerators and stoves. We are very thankful to have discovered Atria and may even move in ourselves if our place ever becomes too much of a burden to keep up.

It's A Nice Place

The staff is very nice and they are very friendly and very caring. They are also very attentive, there is always someone in and out checking on the residents. Atria Hearthstone is really just a nice place.

The transition process was very difficult.

The transition process was very difficult. The staff were not extremely receptive of that transition period. It took a couple of weeks to get her on the schedules, so in the beginning the care was lacking. There are lots of options for activities. The quality of the food has been very good, though the timing of meals, is a little bit rigid.

Katy Miller

Thanks for your review of Atria Hearthstone. We'd like to continue this conversation about your experience, so if you're open to it please reach out to us at [removed].

Great place

My grandparents live here and it's great to have all the activities for them to do each day. The staff is friendly too!

Atria

Our tour of Atria West included having lunch at the facility. The food was good and the restaurant type of service was very nice with open seating and wait staff taking orders. My Mom moved to Atria four days ago and has been pleased with the friendly, helpful staff. The downside of the facility that I have noticed so far is the ala carte services (charges for services needed) are over priced compared to providers that can be contracted outside of the facility. The medical transportation is not convenient and parking close to the facility is very limited.

Not a good experience

We did not have a great experience with Atria Hearthstone. The facility itself seemed fine, and the care staff looked after the residents well, and the food was good compared to a lot of places we saw. Our issue was with the management. They were completely unaccommodating and unwilling to work with us on what we felt was a very simple issue that was majorly impacting our loved ones ability to enjoy the community. They were just completely unresponsive and eventually we had to pull our loved one out.

Kate Vance

We are sorry to hear that your family member was unable to enjoy themselves at our community and would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns in further detail. If you are willing, please reach out via [removed] and be sure to include “Atria Hearthstone” in your subject line so we may more quickly connect. We hope to hear from you and wish you the best.

Very nice place, wonderful staff

We've had a great experience with Atria Hearthstone so far! The facility itself is very nice looking, and they do a great job keeping everything looking well kept and clean. What really sets this place apart is the staff. The staff tenure here is much higher than most places I have seen, many of them have been working here for years, and they all work very well together. They're pleasant, helpful, and really seem to enjoy working with the residents. I would highly recommend this place!

Nice place!

Our experience with Atira Hearthstone has been a good one so far, I'd give them high marks across the board! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful!

Everything seems to be going great.

Everything seems to be going great. She has taken to it much better than we thought she would. She is participating more than we thought she would be, too. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. The only thing I might say about the food, it's usually a pretty good portion size, but sometimes the portions can run a little small and even mom is still hungry. Mom liked it when we showed her the place, we about fell on the floor, and that's why we chose it.

Very diverse set of activities. The people at Atria Hearthstone East and West did an excellent job, and really took a lot of time with us. We went on a couple of tours, and they gave us their undivided attention, answering all questions we had, informing us of everything we needed to know, etc. They also gave me a free slice of pie on the tour, which was possibly the best pie I've ever had in my life, so the food there is definitely good too.

The person we worked with the most was Ed. Ed was very patient, really knowledgeable, and really listened to my concerns.

Atria Hearthstone is a really great and terrific place. We would highly recommend them!

Staff are supremely attentive, caring and friendly

The help has all bent over backwards to make sure they're OK. They're always happy. The other residents are happy and friendly. It's been a good experience.

Good value compared to other places around town. I also looked at several other places. It's more affordable.

I also liked that they decorate for the holidays.

They're in assisted living, but on level 2. We haven't had to have too many services. But they've gone beyond when taking care of them. If I'm not there, they take them to eat. Dad has a tendency to wander around, so they redirect him to the right path. They take them out to the secure courtyard where they can't wander off, and let them walk around. They've tried to keep them as active as possible. They also try to get them to play bingo. When they are eating people often come up and introduce themselves.

I'd say they have good activities, but my mom and dad really haven't participated in them, as they have alzheimers, so I can't really rate them on activities. They do have alzheimers oriented activities like singalongs and I've been trying to get them more involved.

Last week, my dad had a stroke very early in the morning. They found him, and called the ambulance. They took prompt care of him. It makes me feel better to know that if I'm not around, there is somebody watching out for them.

We are very pleased with them.

We are very pleased with them. It's clean, and the staff is friendly, attentive, and responsive. The food is very good there, though she says the portions are a little small, but she can order something else. When they have pancakes, it's just one small one on the plate. I am really happy with this facility. They have resident ambassador resident that will help get the newer resident out of their rooms, and involved in activities, which has been very helpful.

Very pleasant community

They've done a great job at Atria Hearthstone, I'm very pleased with how things have gone so far. It's a nice looking, clean facility. There are no unpleasant odors, and no strong chemical cleaner smell either, which have both been problems at other communites I've seen. The staff are very friendly and caring, and they do a great job looking out for their residents.

Did not have a good experience at all

We did not have good experiences with Atria at all, and moved my loved one out shortly after moving him in. We felt like were mislead when we moved him in, that it was a place he'd be able to stay forever, but there was a definite upper limit to the care they could provide and he moved beyond that.
Dad also fell several times while he was here, and we were not contacted when they had to send him to the hospital.
The staff were all very friendly, but the care provided just did not leave us happy at all.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am sorry if you felt mislead in your interview or for any confusion in the level of care needed. We would like to speak with you personally  to determine what may not have been communicated well so that we may continue make improvements. Please contact us at [removed] including Atria Hearthstone in your subject line.

Higher Rates

I went to see that one and it was a nice place but their rates there were higher than the other places I was looking at. It was clean and the staff was friendly though.

Respite stay

Lack of communication between day and night staff. Don't always do what they sign up to do. Not really observant of the new residents that come and go as far as the respite stay ones. This is just based on a one time visit. So other then that it's a pretty clean place with nice pleasent people and would probably be better for a permant stay verses a respite stay if you need some care and help with daily living task.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review regarding the respite stay with our community. We value feedback from our customers and their families and we would like to discuss your visit in more detail so that we can better serve our temporary guests. We can be reached directly by calling our community at [removed] or via email at [removed] (be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line). We would love for you to visit us again soon.

Nice place with good sized ...

Nice place with good sized apartments. I liked that they have full kitchens. Also all apartments have a balcony or patio.

very nice place but we are ...

very nice place but we are still looking for another place that will accept medicaid if Mom runs out of money. So far I have been paying her bill and it is taking a toll on my saving for when I get old.

Nice facility. Well planned layouts.

Nice facility. Well planned layouts.

Situated on a 10-acre campus in a charming residential area, Atria Hearthstone is a vibrant community designed to help older adults enjoy the benefits of a simplified lifestyle, with discreet support available 24/7 by a friendly, professional staff.

Atria Hearthstone is convenient to restaurants, West Ridge Mall, Hospital Complex and Gage Park. Amenities include relaxing outdoor spaces such as three courtyards, a waterfall and resident garden space, dedicated worship space, a full-service salon and spa, an on-site sundries shop and inviting spaces for socializing with neighbors. Residents enjoy chef-prepared meals, transportation to local appointments and errands, and a variety of engaging events every day, including planned outings to the zoo and Prairie Band Casino.

For older adults facing the challenges of Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, Atria Hearthstone offers Life Guidance® – Atria’s forward-thinking memory care program offering personalized care in a welcoming yet structured environment.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. Atria communities are home to more than 21,000 seniors and employ more than 14,800 people.