Father's Care and Comfort

This is a nice community for the care of my father. The staff is caring and attentive. The menu is very good and we like knowing that he is happy with the menu. They offer my father activities and he is participating. We would recommend this community for the care and the good value that is received.

I am moving into Maple Suites in August. Looking forward to this new adventure.

This is a wonderful place for my mom

Maple Suites is a perfect fit for my mom, the staff, and their ambassador program worked with my mom on her transition there they encouraged her to take part in the activities, which she now enjoys being a part of as well as the field trips and special events that take place for the residents. The dining area and the food are great, the menu features 4 options along with the main course for each meal and they offer gluten free and diabetic choices as well. I have enjoyed joining my mom for dinner several times. The attitude of the staff is wonderful, they are so helpful with my mom I would definitely recommend Maple Suites to anyone who is looking for a place for their loved one.

Great Tour

I had a very nice tour of this community. It was very impressing. The community looks great. My tour went very well overall.

I like this community.

The food is great at Maple Suites and they will even bring the meals to your room if you are not able to get to the dining room. The staff are really nice and helpful. They offer a lot of daily activities. The grounds and the community are beautiful. Dad has made friends since moving into this community. The apartment is just right for his needs.

Amazed By The Community

Maple Suites is a beautiful place for my dad. He was wowed with all that is offered at this community. I agree that I was wowed too. The transition has been going great with everything.

My father moved to Maple Suites last month from Texas. Every day he eats his meals which come in courses, with all kinds of interesting people. Everyone has been kind and helpful and has made him feel at home. The housekeepers keep his apartment clean and the whole place smells and looks clean. The outside walkways are so beautiful. When we walk down the halls the people living at Maple Suites greet us with happy smiles every day. My father's favorite event was the banjo players, but every day there are so many events to choose from I feel that we have picked the perfect place for my dad to call home.

first day

So far, very happy with my Dads experience at Maple suites. Many folks welcoming him on his first day made a difficult day much better!

We are very happy with them so far.

We are very happy with them so far. They have been happy with the food and activities and everything. It's bright and happy and very nice. It's one of the best places we have come across.

I think it's a great facility..

I think it's a great facility. It's great and perfect for my mom. I think it's great for anyone who can live independently. You got all the activities going on and your surrounded by great staff. The food is good. I would recommend the Maple Suites to anyone who is able to live independently. It's a nice and clean facility. The staff is very nice. The value is pretty good. I can't rate the care services because it is not applicable.

Friendly, helpful staff

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Maple Suites, it is a very nice place. They were a huge help to us throughout the whole process, and made the move-in very smooth and stress-free! They also helped us through getting VA funding set up, which we are very grateful for!

Help improve what can be a great facility.

Frequent turnover in staff. Long waits at all meals. Top quality people have left over the past five years. Not what it was when parents moved in. Still a nice place to live. Needs a new management team who are more attuned to seniors and are not rude to residents and staff. Average rent increase has exceeded the cost of living.

Holiday Retirement

Hi Dennis,
I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. First, thank you for leaving a sincere review. Second, I'm sorry to hear that your parents' experience at Maple Suites has suffered recently. I agree that our management teams need to be a trustworthy, kind, dependable resource for our residents. Do you have any specific details on why any current or recent management teams aren't meeting your parents' expectations? If so, please call our Resident Relations department at [removed] so they can capture details.

Thanks,
Katie

Looks and feels perfect for...

Looks and feels perfect for mom. I liked everything about it, except that it is 1 hour away. But, still a possibility.

We feel confident our Uncle is in a safe, healthy community now

Working with Peg at a place for mom we were able to find a place for our uncle in just 3 phone calls, I had been trying to research assisted living on line for 2 weeks and kept getting directed to other parts of the country. Our first visit to Maple Suites we met Susan and she removed all our concerns. During the tour we were so impressed with how beautiful everything was, the people were friendly and welcoming. We wish we could move here! When we left we both said the same thing it looks like a cruise ship! Can't wait to move in ourselves in a few years.

Susan and Peg were great and took care of all the details so all we had to do was take care of our uncle and his move.

A New Home for Mum and Dad

Due to falls and injuries, my parents were no longer safe in their home. I called "A Place for Mom", and within hours I had several choices. My brothers and I looked at Maple Suites first because the location best fit and there was an availability right away. When we saw it, we were very impressed with the cleanliness of the unit, as well as the entire place, inside and out. The people at Maple Suites are incredibly helpful and understanding of all of our needs. My mother has dementia, and was a bit resistant, but the staff helped us deal with making sure Mum was comfortable. The move occurred within a month. Though a stressful time for my parents and my brothers, we managed to pull it off. Mum and Dad were able to keep their cats with them and stay together in a stress free environment, and we can sleep better at night knowing that help is just a few feet away. My parents love the food. I am very happy to see them eating balanced meals and they haven't complained once about the menu. All around, we know we have made the best choice. They are both happy and making new friends, and once they settle in a little more, I'm sure they will take part in the many activities offered.

It's been pretty good so far.

I've eaten there several times and the food is good. They don't eat there at night because they offer desert and bread at every meal. I wish they would have a little more in the way of options for low calorie, or special diets. It seemed a little more relaxed and homey, than the other one we were looking at. They have a recumbent bike, that they like to use, which is nice.

Moving In

Was able to experience first hand many of the different opportunities offered by all of the people--from the managerial, workers, & residents--at this community.

My mother loves living here! She went...

My mother loves living here! She went from being lonely to enjoying life again. The activities offered she participates in regularly. Myself and other family members join her for lunch and the meals are wonderful.

Great staff, food could be improved

Everything I would say is pretty good, she does have issues with the food, apparently that's general because her folks, the people she's befriended, have the same issues. Supposidly the food is horrible, morning the breakfast is good but everything else... the meats apparently are like leather. I realize they probably have to cook them all the way through, but that's really the only thing I've been hearing about. She's basically just living there, she doesn't need any care, but she does use the van and she has nothing but the finest things to say about the van situation and the driver. Everyone is very courteous and very very nice. I did have to speak to Mary, the manager (and she's lovely) that the toilet was not being cleaned properly and it was taken care of right away. It's hard for my friend to particiapte in the games but its been good for her.

great amenities

great amenities

Nestled within 31 acres of woods, you’ll love the peaceful tranquility of our beautiful facility hidden away in the trees. We’re just one mile away from downtown Dover, shopping, excellent healthcare and entertainment.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind