Mangrove Bay - Jupiter, FL

Outstanding facility

After looking at several facilities in the Palm Beach Gardens/Jupiter area, my Mom and I decided Mangrove Bay was the best option to meet her needs. My Mom spent her last 3 1/2 years at Mangrove Bay, and they were some of her best years. The entire staff was wonderful, and the facility is spotless. My Mom was always fussy about cleanliness and as a result, would often not eat in restaurants. Well, the staff had taken her into the kitchen, and as she put it, it was clean and organized. From the first time we met with [name removed], and then several other staff...[six names removed] (and I know I forgot to list so many others), Mom and my family were comfortable and knew she was in excellent hands. Although my Mom was in Independent Living, the staff look after her and if there were any questions in regard to her health, etc. they would immediately call. I highly recommend this facility and could not be more pleased with everyone involved!

Mangrove Bay excellent for memory care

My mom lived in memory care at Mangrove Bay for 15 months. She received excellent care and respect from all levels - nursing, floor staff, activities (great activities director), food and executives.
When visiting mom we impressed by the cleanliness of the area, that it was appropriately staffed and there were always daily activities (important for older people to keep moving) in progress for residents.
The interaction between the Mangrove staff and hospice was excellent.
We would choose Mangrove again without question.

SLC Midwest

Roger, thank you for sharing your confidence in us! We appreciate your feedback and we are honored to have provided care for your mom.

The Best!!!!

I recently returned from my visit to my Mom at the Memory Care Unit at Mangrove Bay. What a top notch place as the staff and facility have exceeded all of my expectations... and every time!!! This has been the perfect place for my mom. She is happy, well cared for and looks better than ever!

SLC Midwest

Diane, thank you for sharing your confidence in us! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your mom is making her home here at Mangrove Bay.

A beautiful place!

Mangrove Bay was a very nice community. The building was maintained very well and everyone there was very nice. It just did not compare to other facilities that I liked more.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback! If you feel there are specific areas of improvement that would bring us to a 5 star level, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director.

A happy life at Mangrove Bay

Our family member, Rosalie has been at Mangrove Bay for nearly 6 years with 2 years in one of the Villas. She recently transferred from Independent to Assistant Living. There was no question that she wouldn’t remain at Mangrove Bay as she has always felt safe and at home and truly happy here.

Her transition to Assistant Living went very smoothly because of the expertise of the staff, namely, Carol - Mktg Dir, [Removed] - AL Dir, [Removed] - Resident Coordinator and [Removed] - AL. They are all a true asset to Mangrove Bay.

[Removed] chose to remain in FL and being remote we have the challenge of remote caregiving. After numerous visits we were confident that she was in the right place. Mangrove Bay is a lovely, well run, family-oriented community where residents have become friends and then family.
Since the very first move from the Villa to Independent Living [Removed] has been instrumental and such a pleasure to work with. She excels as being the Resident Coordinator. [Removed] is enthusiastic, always smiling and ready to help. No problem is daunting, she finds solutions easily and follows through.

The staff, as well as the residents are compassionate, caring and friendly. From the wonderful Independent Living Recreation Director, [Removed] who holds many fun activities for residents to amazing Beverly who offers fun exercise programs to keep everyone moving. Last but not least, the happy atmosphere in the lounge is created by the always cheerful [Removed] who not only serves drinks in Mangrove’s Lounge but also gives friendly individual attention to each resident.

The Riverwalk at Mangrove Bay Senior Living

Mangrove Bay Senior Living is an amazing Community! And I do mean Community. They provide such a well balanced living experience for their residents-About any activity your family member may be longing for or needing they have. The staff is an amazing group of caring individuals. [Removed]-The Resident Coordinator helped us in every aspect of my Moms move into the Independent Living. Whatever need or concern we had-she was there ready to help with a smile on her face! She is an amazing person whom you can tell LOVES her job and every resident. [Removed] Wise-Executive Director certainly knows how to run an amazing Senior Living Community. I would highly recommend Mangrove Bay. Could not be happier my Mom is now living at this incredible place! [Removed]

First Class Retirement Community!

Mangrove Bay is a wonderful community! This community is immaculate, the service is impeccable and the food is outstanding! I highly recommend this retirement community.

I have been a volunteer at Mangrove for over 2 years. This is a very beautiful place for people to call home. They have many activities for everyone. The staff goes above and beyond and they love to interact with the residents and their families. Knowing that this is a hard transition for people you can feel assured that your loved will be well cared for whether they are in Independent Living , Assisted Living or Memory Care.

I am pleased with everything!

I am adjusting very well to this community. I would say I have made a very good decision. The place is very clean and the meals ar good. I have eaten dinner there for 4 nights in a row. You could eat in the dining room or outside by the pool. I have been taking advantage of the fitness center. The apartment I am in is very nice and modern, with a lot of natural lighting.

Community is nicely maintain...very friendly staff & residents

Great Tour, This is A Nice Community

I had a good tour of this community, I was impressed. The staff was all very friendly and courteous. The community looked great, everything was nice and clean. They were informative and answered my questions. It was a pleasant tour. This a good place to live.

Outstanding Experience

My wife and I have lived in Mangrove Bay for over 1 year.Selection of new home based on proximity to our family including great-grandchildren.Having experienced both Independent living and the assistant living sections we are so very pleased with the calibre of personnel at all levels.There is a genuine desire on the part of most to make all guests feel comfortable in their home.Special requests are given special consideration.The desire of personnel including especially the people in Assisted living to excel in creating "family like"environment to have every person feels special.Maintenance of the facility is top notch-both inside and out.We are proud to have our family and friends visit.The varied activities are designed and implemented to make them very desirable and fun for those anxious to participate.The Mangrove Bay management team makes a great effort to solicit participation of guests in a variety of ways to constantly improve our lifestyle.The Jupiter location on the water and the location in Florida make Mangrove Bay a great place for this chapter of our life including very capable medical doctors and facilities.A great pace to Live!

Home sweet Home

Coming to Mangrove Bay was a big decision for me. Many Factors came into that decision, and the most important for me was the quality of the staff. Since my arrival here, each and any problem that I encountered has been resolved by a member of the Staff. This outstanding team of intelligent and caring individuals have made my life here a comfortable and happy one. From the dining room to the pool, cocktail room to the gym, and parlor to game room, the activities available are endless, there is something for everyone.
In evaluating any institution of this type consistency is of the up most important. This is way the Mangrove Bay staff is what makes this an outstanding home.

13 year resident

I have been a resident at Mangrove Bay for 13 years. Living at Mangrove Bay is a happy experience for me. I like my apartment, and the location of it. The staff is very helpful, and well trained. They seek us out to be a part of the Mangrove Bay Family, we feel like family. Beverly has really help me out with exercises in a nice fitness room provided for us. Betty Hall, and the drivers work with all of my needs for transportation, I am legally blind, so I have special needs that are always addressed. Kathy Wise is our Director who we appreciate. She is always available and very caring.
The dining room hostess, and servers, create a pleasant eating environment. We have our own Chef Billy who cooks wonderfully, but I feel is limited on what he can prepare for us at times.
I would recommend Mangrove Bay to anyone interested for a senior retirement home.
Sincerely Barbara

Best Place for Mom

The people at Mangrove Bay are what makes the place the place for Mom !!! From the first day I found everyone there an absolute pleasure to deal with. Nancy,Diane,Michelle and all the other staff just made you feel like you were home and were very sincere in their efforts. I would highly recommend Mangrove Bay to anyone wanting a truly resort style place for their family members to live.
Russ

Mangrove Bay an excellent choice with peace of mind.

My dear friend lived at Mangrove Bay for eight years until she recently passed away. I would highly recommend Mangrove Bay as the staff was excellent. They were always caring and kind, treated my friend with respect and dignity and always addressed my concerns promptly. The community is immaculate. The staff tries very hard to get all residents involved in their many activities even those who were reluctant like my friend. Most of all the staff treated my friend like family which was so important as she declined mentally. Mangrove Bay is a choice you can make with peace of mind - they are highly experienced on every level of their resident's care.

Mangrove Bay

My Mother was at Mangrove Bay for 4 1/2 years. The director and staff were very caring to my Mother. Any time a matter came up, the director always took time to visit with me. I am truly grateful to Jinah and her staff for sharing care to my Mother. Mangrove Bay is a beautiful facility, and I would recommend it.

My possitive thoughts of Mangrove Bay as a Resident

I have been a resident for 8 months now. Staff are very competent, caring, and efficient. My pet is welcome here. Mangrove Bay provides a pet walk. Landscaping is very pretty. People enjoy a happy time in the lounge, drinks are nicely served. Lots of activities are provided and trips are available to many interesting places. Transportation is available to Doctors, shopping, and individual needs. The Dining room is nicely appointed and the food nicely served. Sometimes the seating arrangements seem disorganized. Reservations are also needed for tables of four. I have made friends here.
Overall I feel this is a very good place for me.

The best place to be

These are the most loving and kind people to deal with

Mangrove Bay is my family's choice

The staff is unbelievably compassionate, supportive, responsive and competent! They really are helpful. They also are thorough and follow up.

Excellent Care at Mangrove Bay

My father has been a patient in the memory care unit at Mangrove Bay, Jupiter, Fl. I would like to commend Jinah, Kathy, Michelle and the entire staff for taking such good care of him. Thank you all for your fine work and excellent support.

I'm sure my opion reflects many other happy residents

I have been living at Mangrove Bay now 4 years.
I feel safe, and happy living here at Mangrove Bay.
Staff is extremely courteous and attentive.
I find the transportation to be more then adequate for all my needs and doctors appointments, shopping and entertainment needs.
Happy hour is fun.
Dining Staff is attentive since we all come from different backgrounds it hard to please all of diverse taste, but no doubt they try to please.

Mangrove Bay Review

My parents moved into Mangrove Bay when my father needed it and my mother was not quite ready for it. It was not long before they both realized that Mangrove Bay was more like a home with an extremely nice and friendly staff, multiple activities and transportation allowing them to retain their independence, and an atmosphere more like home with the freedom to use common areas like in their house. In addition, the food is very good and socializing was easy as residents are out of their apartments routinely. I cannot say enough nice things about Mangrove Bay, especially after visiting other local facilities first.

My mother moved to Florida to be near her children. We looked at all independent/assisted living facilities in a 20 mile radius and Mangrove Bay was far superior. When the time came to move from independent living to assisted living, the staff was instrumental in making the transition an easy one. This can be a Avery difficult time and a caring professional staff makes a world of difference. We have always recommended Mangrove Bay and will continue to do so even though our mother has passed away. The compassionate and skilled care that was given to our mother made all the difference in her quality of life

Nursing Staff Is Lacking

I found that their nursing staff, as far as administering the medications was really lacking. The three times that I was there visiting in a week and a half I experienced errors in dosing and asked to see the orders and they were not followed specifically the way they should have been.

SLC Southeast

Thank you very much for taking the time to give a review. I wanted to ensure you our nurses are provided with frequent training. The Assisted Living Director constantly monitors the medication records. Pharmacy Clinical Services Quality Assurance Program staff monitor the medication procedures and carts monthly. This includes observing the nurse passing medications. Any issues noted by them are addressed immediately with the staff and retraining provided. We are thrilled to say that our most recent audit found the nurse to do a perfect medication pass! Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback. This will allow us to continue to provide excellent experiences every day!

Sincerely,

Kathy Wise
Executive Director

Fun for Everyone

We recently had a Senior Prom Party. I was impressed with all the preliminary effort put into the program. I was not feeling very well the day of the party, but when I walked into the party room and saw the beautiful flower arrangements and everyone dressed up for a good time, I forgot my problems and ended up having a great time dancing. I wanted to recognize Mangrove Bay for their efforts.

The Best in in its Class

We moved my mother into Mangrove Bay one year ago and the experience of living there has exceeded our family's expectations. Most importantly Mom has transitioned from "never moving into one of those places" to truly enjoying the everyday living and security of Mangrove Bay. From day one the staff has made every effort to make living there a great experience. We visited many independent living facilities in Palm Beach County-Mangrove Bay is at the top of it class-you will not find a better place. To be frank, Mom smiles so much we hardly recognize her!

A great place!

My parents have been at Mangrove Bay Assisted Living for three years. Our family has been impressed with the facility and the excellent staff. They work as an effective team who are focused primarily on the residents! The facility is clean and the staff are super friendly and anxious to please. I looked at many places before making this decision and while all facilities in the area are expensive, Mangrove goes above and beyond to make it feel as much like home as possible. There are always activities and special events going on to keep residents involved and entertained!

Mangrove Bay a great facility

My father was only there for a short time but we found the facility to be a wonderful place to reside, the staff was caring and competent. The security in the memory center was above what I expected , and the daily activities were very entertaining. the surrounding aera was wonderful , right along the river walk and not far from the beach , and local shopping . Again my dad was not their for a long period of time but the time he spent a Mangrove Bay was a very comfortable and enjoyable . Thank you , Eric C Vitale

You'll never feel alone at Mangrove Bay

Mangrove Bay is a home away from home. The staff is very friendly and goes above and beyond for their residents. My Father needed assistance after my mother passed away and Mangrove Bay helped him in so many ways. You will never be lonely here. The people are friendly and welcoming to all. Thank you Mangrove Bay for being there for my Dad.

Grateful Daughter of a Happy Mom

My Mom has been at Mangrove Bay Assisted Living since 2011. Initially she was living in another Assisted Living in North Carolina, then I moved her in with me in Florida. I felt she needed to be in a community where she could meet friends and get out and continue to live a normal life even after her dementia started. I looked at several other communities before looking at Mangrove Bay. I walked in and was immediately taken with the beautiful setting, but more so, the staff. I can't tell you how many times I was feeling guilty, worrying about Mom, and stressing about not doing enough, etc. The staff and director Kathy Wise were as interested in how I was feeling as well as my Mom. If I Mom mentioned something to me about wanting to get up a bridge game, I just had to mention it, and the next day it was arranged. I was worried about little things like laundry or something missing, and my emails and calls were always returned promptly. Mom loves the beauty of the place and the many activities and now she is at the stage where she needs more one on one care and I can sleep at night knowing how much the staff cares about her. They refer to her as family, and treat me the same way. This is the hardest thing I've had to deal with in my life as a successful career women I had to give up when this started with my Mom. But having Mangrove Bay take care of her has relieved so much stress. I could write a book! The meals, the activities, the trips out around town, the scenic rides- they do it all and make it fun and even exciting. They even send me pictures or my Mom dancing and having fun when I can't be there. Thanks to Kathy Wise, Joi (nurse manager, Shawna, and all the staff members like Beverly and Dorothy- I love them so much because I feel like I have a huge family Mom and I can depend one! You cannot find a better place than Mangrove Bay and I have visited nearly a dozen in this area. I couldn't be happier.

My mother was at Mangrove Bay for 3 years. Those were very happy years for her. We visited her often & conveniently stayed in the guest suite. Mom made many friends, & the staff were very helpful. I would recommend Mangrove Bay.

Great Living At Mangrove Bay

My mom and dad moved into Mangrove Bay in 2006.
They really enjoyed living at Mangrove Bay. They dressed up for dinner every night and enjoyed the food, the staff and talking to their neighbors in the dining room.
My parents had a beautiful view of the waterway and spent much time on their patio watching the boats going by.
My parents enjoyed the River Walk and the fitness room at mangrove Bay.
They liked walking to nearby restaurants.
I would highly recommend Mangrove Bay for any senior looking for a great place to live!

A fine community

They did have activities. When we saw the place it stood out from a lot of the others ones. It’s very cheerful, clean, and bright. It wasn’t depressing like many of them are. The food was excellent. The security was excellent - meaning that they had someone at the front door and there was only one person at the front desk, either a guard or a receptionist.

Great Location for the Golden Years...

My mother received excellent care during her long stay at Mangrove Bay. Initially my mother was a resident in Independent Living and then moved over to Assisted Living as she needed more care.At all times the professional staff made her feel very much at home. We are grateful to the Mangrove Bay Organization for their support and care.
I would highly recommend MGB to anyone looking for a great life during their golden years.

Very nice community

All the communities are so expensive. They had some good activities. They’re pretty good. The food always looked like they made a decent meal for them. I never had any issues with the laundry. They have a beautiful lobby. The front desk people were really helpful. They were all really helpful.

A good place

It’s well run, very modern, very clean facility with a lot of amenities for assisted or independent living. The activities could be a little better though. There is enough parking. We never had any problems with the laundry service.

I wish we had come sooner.

They get a Five plus! I have seen the activities going on regularly. She loved the kid that came in and took the order for the omelettes. She loved the omelettes. They have a fine dining establishment. I can't really think of anything they could have done any better! I just think they are a five star establishment! I wish we had come sooner.

Quality of Memory Care Unit

I have had the distinct pleasure of working with the staff at Mangrove Bay for the past 10 years. I am a Professional Care Manager and Registered nurse in the community. Throughout this time I have referred many families, friends and personal clients to the overall community but generally have the need for the services provided by the memory unit. I have been impressed with the response time in dealing with a crisis issue and the knowledge and compassion of care delivered by the entire memory care team, This unit has a very low census compared to most other facilities in the area and strives to provide the best quality of care to clients with dementia. The activities are provided on a daily basis with anything from music to reminiscent therapy and the quality of food is good, I have personally eaten at the dining facility on several

Very Satisfied with the Overall Facility

I am a professional guardian and chose Mangrove Bay because of its location and reputation for outstanding care and compassion. My Ward is in the memory care floor for about 6 months now. She is gaining weight and very happy with her apartment. The staff is attentive, physical therapy is available on site, and she likes the food. Her Family and I are very happy with this new living arrangement at the Memory Care floor of Mangrove Bay.

Happy at home

Mangrove Bay was not my idea of retirement, I had planned a life of touring the country in a motor home. But fate has a way of changing life styles. My wife of 52 years developed dementia and I had experienced two surgeries and was notified that we could no longer live alone. My daughter did some research and after checking several different senior communities, and she felt that Mangrove Bay was our best choice. She was RIGHT, My wife and I moved into an Independent living apartment and were immediately accepted as members of a "family". Not only is the staff friendly and capable, but the residents act like I'm a long lost cousin. My wives dementia progressed to the point that I could no longer care for her so with regret we moved her to the assisted living unit. Her care there was outstanding, and because we are basically under one roof, I was able to visit her several times a day. She had wonderful care until she passed away. I elected to remain at Mangrove Bay and fully expect to spend the rest of my life right here. This is home and I have upwards of a hundred cousins here.

Great experience at Mangrove Bay!

My mother was a resident in Independent Living at Mangrove Bay. As her physical limitations increased it became necessary to make that dreaded move to Assisted Living. Initially she refused to move to assisted living at Mangrove Bay due to vanity and "everyone knows me in Independent Living" so we made the move to a community that only had Assisted Living and Memory Care. It was horrible! My mother said in no uncertain terms that it was a "nursing home"....her worst fear! After 17 days she moved back to Mangrove Bay to Assisted Living. She has been so happy and says she is "home"! Having to make decisions like this is so difficult for families but the caring staff at Mangrove Bay go above and beyond to make all of their residence feel at home and part of the community. I would highly recommend Mangrove Bay for your loved ones!!

We did not particularly have a great experience with them...

We took him out. We did not particularly have a great experience with them, they told us they had two nurses on the floor and that they had at least six nurses aides around the clock, every time you pulled the call bell they would respond in 10-15 min and they had a sensor if the patient got out of bed they would respond within 15 min. That was not true. They are very nice, but very short handed. A couple times it took up to an hour to respond to a bell for help with the bathroom. The aide told us he may have been on the floor for an hour when he fell, before someone came. It took an average of 45 minutes getting to them when the bell was pulled. There were about 15 patients in the memory care, and just not enough staff. I wish they were a little more honest. As soon as they had our money the honeymoon was over. It took the nurse an hour and fifteen minutes when he was bleeding and on medication that made that dangerous. They did have activities a couple of times a week, before or after lunch. The activities director was very nice. We didn't care for the food. I tried some Key Lime pie and it was terrible, the breakfast was the same all the time. The eggs were always cold, they never offered water. The serving sizes were not on an individual basis and often times not enough for him. I chose this community for the convenient location. It's a beautiful facility and when you walk in you get the honeymoon treatment. They said they would monitor him for the first week and give me updates, but after the first time I met the head nurse, I never saw her again. They didn't have his paperwork ready after a 4 day notice for his doctor appointment. It was a facade to get you in and get your money.

SLC Southeast

We at Mangrove Bay would like to let you know how unsettling it is for us to hear that you had such an unpleasant experience. At Mangrove Bay we strive to meet, and exceed, our residents and their family’s expectation. The care and safety of our residents, and your loved ones is our utmost priority.
As the Executive Director of Mangrove Bay, I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your concerns. Any additional details would help us in ensuring that we are meeting our commitments to deliver the highest quality of care and services. Please contact me directly, Kathy Wise, by phone at [removed] or by email at [removed].

A very nice location but wa...

A very nice location but was only shown apartments. There were villas but needed to contact a real estate agent to see them. Fairly expensive so probably will not fit into my budget.

SLC Southeast

On the campus of Mangrove Bay there are 26 privately owned villas which would be purchased with the assistance of a realtor. The villas are separate from Mangrove Bay Retirement Community.

Have you ever dreamed of having your own personal….Chef?..... Housekeeper?....Chauffeur?.....Mangrove Bay Retirement community is upscale rental apartments that have chef prepared dining, housekeeping, fitness center, pool, transportation & additional services to make it a beautiful lifestyle at Mangrove Bay.

Call us to un-retire at Mangrove Bay [removed].

Mangrove Bay:
Mangrove Bay is a senior living community in Jupiter, Florida that provides independent living, assisted living and memory care services to senior citizens.

Our community offers outstanding care all amidst the natural beauty of Florida's intra-coastal waterway. Designed for those who want companionship and amenities in a stimulating environment with a hospitality-centered staff, Mangrove Bay senior living in Jupiter complements the best of Living Life. Relax. It's time to Live Life to its fullest...at Mangrove Bay.