Madera Assisted Living Home - Gilbert, AZ

They're very sincere about the care they provide

My friend lives here currently and we’ve both been very happy with the place. The people there work very hard and are good with him. They offer different activities like entertainment, bingo, and some nice holiday parties. They help him get exercise in the backyard, but I feel like they lack in helping him with walking more and getting more cardio in. The food they serve is very good and he seems to be very happy with it. However, they don’t serve a lot of food because a lot of the residents don’t eat much so he complains sometimes that he’d like more. The facility looks very clean and his room always looks clean as well. They change the bedding for him and help him wash his clothes. Overall, they’re a very high quality home and I would recommend them.

My sister and I were looking for a healthy, caring and loving environment for our father of 87 yrs. old. and found it at Maria's home. She and her staff were warm and welcoming from the outset. The home is clean and comfortable, and the staff is friendly, attentive, caring and organized. This is the place we decided to place our father, and we couldn't be happier!

A safe and happy place!

I cannot thank [Removed] and her staff enough for the kind and compassionate care she gives to my husband. Bill suffered a massive stroke and has brain damage. Madera Home provides just that...a home. The interaction of the staff is always kind and compassionate. I make no scheduled visits. I just show up and find [Removed] singing and engaging the the residents with music or playing bingo. There is a sense of family when I am there. I have gotten to know the other patients and their families. They not only feed , bathe and provide care, they encourage each of their patients to interact with each other, not just the staff. She truly treats each of them with dignity and encourages each one of them to be as productive as they can be. Small jobs have provided him with a sense of accomplishment, and the other patients are his friends. If you find yourself in the position of finding full time care for your loved one Madera Home will give you peace of mind. Bill has been under her care for 2 years now.

Loving and caring home

I placed my mum at Madera assisted living in September from another different care home due to issues we were having from the previous home. Now that she is at Madera, she is more active, happy and her spirits are lifted. They provide a lot of care and attention to the residents and also include activities like bingo and music days etc to keep the residents pre-occupied and happy. The food is great and the menu includes healthy balanced meals.Every time my mum calls me she seems happy and even asks me to go ahead and sell her house because she is comfortable at the home and looks forward to continue her stay at Madera. I am really glad we found Madera and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a home for their loved ones.

Loving and caring home

Beware

The care is very concerning. They do not seem capable of caring for a more challenging patient and by that I mean someone who needs more care than just sitting in a chair all day. The caregivers are questionable and spend most of their time in the room off of the kitchen on their phones or visiting. When this was communicated to the owner she passed it off saying they were very good dedicated caregivers. Proper care was not given to a bedridden patient and they failed in distributing medicine to this same patient and because of this they ended up being taken to the hospital by ambulance. Take your loved one their at your own risk. Would never recommend this place to anyone.

Stay away

I would not recommend this facility to my worst enemy. Our mother was placed in this facility, as a result of her being released from the hospital, and our step father being hospitalized at the same time. At first the staff seemed attentive and caring, until we found out they weren't giving her the medication that her life relied on. Most the time you would find the staff playing on their phones in the kitchen and acting like they were too busy to care for her. She ended up in the hospital due to their lack of medication management and there were several times she was found slouched at the end of her bed with soiled briefs. I also believe this place was written up by hospice due to their lack of care for our mother. Beware of this place as they only want patients that don't talk or who need constant care. Do not send anyone you love to this facility.

This is a lovely home and full of fun and tender care.

take good care of my mom

They're taking good care of my mom. I rate them all 5 stars.

excellent service and facility

My spouse and I were extremely pleased with the helpful assistance provided by management of Madera Assisted Living Home, and would recommend their services to everyone who has a mom or dad to place.

Maria Heywood was friendly ...

Maria Heywood was friendly and eager to answer questions. House is off 60 and Stapley(Cooper). Price quoted was $1800/mo, all inclusive. Maria advised she would be willing to help mom with her diabetic diet. Bingo played every other day. Not for money, prizes are household items, like bath products. Shared room and large bath/closet. Comes partially furnished.

They don't deserve any stars!!

They put on a great show when we first showed up, they brought out the organ and everything. It was too good to be true. We had to remove our loved one. She was having bruises, and locking, and barricading herself in the room. [removed], the emergency room noted the bruises, but with someone with Alzheimers, you can't prove anything. Everyday it was soup and sandwich for lunch and dinner. They showed us these wonderful menus, but every time we showed up they were making soup. I don't think she was getting her medication, and they weren't letting us know.

It met everything I needed.

It met everything I needed. I got to try a bit of the food once and it was very good. The price and location were right, especially compared to the other communities that we toured. I gave friendliness a four, but even still, all the staff is very friendly.

They are friendly and really helpful.

They are friendly and really helpful. The food was pretty good. They have a gal that plays the organ, and that stuck out to us right away. Madera has even been able to get her walking again, a little.

This experience did not turn out to b...

This experience did not turn out to be what we expected. We were told that they could accomodate our loved one's needs, and then found out later down the road that they could not. In the beginning, we were told that they would be served the food that was on the menu, and then we found out that the residents were being served soup and sandwiches every night for dinner. Our first impressions were that the staff was very friendly and the residents were all happy, and later on, we realized that they really werent.. Unfortunately, this did not work out for our family.

Madera Assisted Living Home provides home-like atmosphere, personalize care, supervision and directed care and planned activities for the residents. No discrimination, regarding race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry in our admission policy or in the services offered to the residents. We treat the residents with love, respect and dignity.

Our goal is to help those who need our services and assistance to make your dear ones feel loved and cared for, and give them the feeling of comfort in a home like atmosphere.