Desert Breeze of Kempton Crossing - Chandler, AZ

Staff is nice but there could be more activities

My mom is currently living in this community and I feel that the staff treats her very well. The building looks good, and it seems to be kept up really well. My only issue is that they don’t seem to offer any activities. My loved one just lives day to day. I think the community is good, but more activities might be helpful.

Overall things are okay!!

My father has recently made the move into this community and so far I have to say things are going just okay. I have had better luck dealing with the owners then I have had the staff. I just think they need some overall improvements in all areas of the facility.

My Impression

I had a tour here for my wife. It seemed like a good place. I was looking for an apartment with a window in it. I didn't see one in the one I was shown.

The house sits on a street corner in a nice, newer neighborhood. It does have a front door alarm that sounds when door opened/closed (for wanderers). The inside is warm and welcoming. The emergency plans and other pertinent info was visible near the front door. The bathrooms are decent sized with raised toilet seats and shower seats and handheld shower heads. The bedrooms are private, spacious, nicely decorated with all furniture. The great room where the tv is, is a little small but cozy with sofas and recliner for the residents. There are two (2) caretakers 24/7 available. They do have home health teams tending to residents during the week days. They have a strict plan regarding medications (locked cabinet, daily menu (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks), menu was on the wall as was an activities calendar. Visitors welcome every day from 10-6/open other hours with notice. The back yard was lovely; gated pool with areas to sit and walk around it. The home holds up to 5 residents.

Cleanliness of the home

I have appreciated their kindness to my husband. Also the cleanliness of the home.

A difficult change, after 46 years being together.

The caregivers at Desert Breeze are very attentive and extremely patient with my wife, Carol. She has had a tough time with her new situation, but now after a month, she seems to be settling in. She enjoys the fresh cooked meals they make from scratch. ( I was never much of a cook, and she was tired of what I brought out of the freezer, with the exception of Fudge bars!)
I am much more at ease, now that I know she is getting excellent care. We have been married 46 years as of June 13, so this is a big change for both of us.
Stan