The Selfhelp Home - Chicago, IL

Review of Selfhelp Home in Chicago, IL

Many years of excellent care. Both Husband and Wife. Enjoyed all of the entertainment, services and care.

Review of Selfhelp Home in Chicago, IL

Everything is very nice, very clean, very beautiful. The food is perfect, always tasty, well prepared and served. The dietary staff is very helpful and accommodating.

Review of Selfhelp Home in Chicago, IL

This is a wonderful retire community. Everyone gets the proper individual care. Caregivers are doing a good job and specific wishes are mostly attended to.
Thank you to the Selfhelp staff who always try do their best.

When I toured I found it to ve very i...

When I toured I found it to ve very institutional. It wasn't nearly as convenient for me to get there as the place we chose. My friend who has a loved one that lives here, feels that the quality of help they get is superb. They care for him very well. I found it depressing, the lighting was not good, and the rooms were like hospital rooms. I did speak at length with the director there and he was wonderful, but I just found it to be unappetizing for our needs.

Kosher Downtown

I've been to Self Help a few times to visit residents on the Jewish holidays. This community has been around for a long time and is one of the few that has Kosher kitchens.
Regular Shabbat services are available and they mulitple care levels from independent retirement to assisted living and more.