Covenant Home of Chicago - Chicago, IL

mom liked food, floor circular which is nice, has 3 season room on each floor, only 54 apts nice, 2 eating places, activities all in building.

Strong odor, decent tour!!

I went on a tour of this community. It had a very strong odor. During my tour i noticed a strong odor lingering throughout the community. The guidance woman that assisted was very nice, however there was no warm reception. Overall, it was a decent tour but not the place for my grandmother

comfort and care

great people,after looking at many other places knew this was just right for my mom.

A heart in the heart of the city

From the first time we walked in were greeted and introduced we felt at ease and knew this would be a good fit for mom. We looked at several places prior to here but some were to big,some to hard to navigate,some just to sad.People here were interested in who would be coming and staying.when mom moved in they made her feel at home.Even though there were somethings that didn't go as we thought they would corrections happened and adjustments made smooth as clock work. Bringing mom from one place into somewhere else isn't easy at her age,but they have made it much easier for us all.

I would recommend them.

They have been doing okay, she is eating, and I have had fairly good dealings with them. They have very good communication with me. I haven't had any complaints. I'm not in the same area. It's very nice, and they take care of about fifty people. It seems very well run. I also liked the size of the place. The best thing is that if they need to they can transition her to their nursing home. Which we have used before and it is also very good. I would recommend them.

Recommended with all of my heart

My mother lived in CH for 5 years, during which time she -- and I -- grew to love the folks there, both residents and staff. She moved here from out of state, on the death of my father. She chose CH (from 2 facilities I'd chosen from dozens I had interviewed, vetted, considered). She liked its ambiance, but appreciated also the comment of a resident who had remarked to my mother that her only regret was having waited so long to decide to move in.

I liked CH, in part, because of its proximity to my house. My mother stayed at CH because she loved living there, feeling well-fed, lovingly cared for and looked after. This was true despite the challenges she posed, entering with early-stage Alzheimers, hearing problems, diabetes, and assorted other health problems.

CH is a lovely little facility (perhaps 50 residents), but its most important asset is its staff. From the director to the front desk people to kitchen workers -- and most significantly, across all of the direct care folks! -- the staff was caring, attentive, and helpful. To my mother, most importantly, but also to me -- which became increasingly important as her health declined and I needed to work with the staff to identify her continued needs.

It isn't that there weren't ever questions, because of course there were; it is that the staff were always willing to meet with me, to hear questions and to work through the new challenges. When she needed special care following hospitalizations for this condition or that, the staff helped smooth those transitions. When it became time to talk end-stage care, CH staff helped me to find and coordinate with hospice care.

There are so very many difficulties that arise when trying to make the best choice for the care of a loved one -- and I faced many of them. I never regretted having chosen CH for my mother. If I could go back in time, I absolutely would again choose Covenant Home for my mother.

In sum, I recommend Covenant Home without reservation. These folks earned a special place in my heart, and I remain grateful for their support, help, and care throughout my mother's years there.