LifeHOUSE Maclay Healthcare Center - Sylmar, CA

LifeHOUSE Maclay Healthcare Center - Sylmar, CA has yet not published prices.

Pass om this place.

In June of 2016 I had surgery and needed hospice care as I lived alone and had no support system.
I was happy when the hospital released me to Maclay for help and care.
The happiness was short-lived, however, as the level of care was lacking.
Pain medicine, when requested, was delayed. It wasn't unusual to heve to wait an hour, or more, while writhing in pain.
I couldn't swallow pills at the time and was required to take six or more at one time. I asked for the pills to be crushed and given with apple sauce. The nurse crushed all tha pills and mixed them with about a teaspoon of apple sauce. You can imagine the taste... I had to ask her if she would take that herself.

In the two weeks that I was at Maclay, I wound up in the hospital emergency room three times, the last one resulting in a four-month admission.
Meanwhile, my belongings, including clothing, cash, a phone, and a leather jacket, had disappeared from Lifehouse.
It took several weeks to recover the jacket only after I filed a police report. The cash is apparently on its way to me, but the phone and my clothing jave never been found -- at least to date.

In the time I was there, I did an intake twice with a list of my possessions, only to be told they had no record of them. The cash was kept in a safe at the front desk, but apparently there was no record of that, either, until a Sheriff's deputy started inquiring.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Lifehouse Maclay review

My mother-in-Law has been in the facility for around nine years. The facility has been kept up and is attractive. Most all of the nurses have been helpful.

As an individual declines and can no longer care for themselves I find the care declines to an extent. An advocate must ensure that the patient receives enough water. The night shift employees are diligent. The day staff may be understaffed. I find the day staff nurse excellent, however, feel that sometimes her day staff do not follow through with what they say. My relative became dehydrated even after telling staff repeatedly that there was a problem.

If your loved one is not helpless, I think it's a very decent place but as in all facilities, family visits along with friends are a must for the patients emotional well being.