They were life savers for us

[Removed] and her very caring staff were there for my father when we needed them. My father was a handful that they took in stride, always making sure he was comfortable and we'll cared for. He frequently went out with one of the staff for supervised walks in the neighborhood. My brothers and I always felt welcomed to visit without question at anytime of the day or night including to spend the night. We visited quite a few other facilities for my father and found Life in the Country to be more home style, with family style meals and family type socialization. [Remov ed] even personally took my father to the doctors on many occasions when my brothers and I were not able to. They helped to indulge him in his final days with his cookies and ice cream. A big thank you to her and her staff for making him feel loved and cared for when we could not do it ourselves and for making his passing as comfortable as possible. Thank you Like in the Country!

Life in the Country is an absolutely amazing place. I have been visiting my family member there every week for the past year and it was always clean and quiet there. They were the nicest, caring people all the time, but especially around the time my family member passed. They took him back after he was released from the hospital to hospice care. It was very comforting to me that he could die in a home environment he knew. It also reduced the amount of stress for me. I cannot say enough good things about them. They were absolutely amazing.

Financial extortion and elder abuse!

The owner Viviana practices isolation of the elderly folks that are there. I don't know why someone said that there are visitors because other than baby toddlers of some of the young Mexican girls that work there there are no other visitors that are encouraged. In fact visitors are discouraged! There is no memory care whatsoever I have personally witnessed that with 5 seniors living there one young Mexican girl and her baby were in charge of all supervision. The elderly are not allowed to go outside they either stay in their rooms and watch TV or just appear to be over medicated in order to not cause any work whatsoever, often sitting alone in darkened rooms in a type of awake stupor state. This is an absolute horrifying place that I do not know how is allowed by law to exist. I personally Witnessed residents being fed simple spaghetti on a plate with no other side dishes and no beverage not even water. Again I don't know how this place is allowed to operate as the scam it is to bilk seniors out of their retirement and Social Security checks every month and have such poor supervision by only warehousing these elderly people and over medicating them. Despite over two years of complaints that I know of that have been made against this place, it still operates bringing in thousands and thousands of dollars every week and paying out the minimum to the Young mother immigrant workers who by and large make up the majority of the staff that are on duty these different shifts. Generally there is only one Young woman on staff! If it were animals people would be in more of an uproar and do something but because these are elderly individuals they are just ignoring this horrific eyesore in a residential neighborhood with large homes very close together. I don't even know how the neighborhood could allow such a place to operate? Except that it is just shut up all the time in isolation so perhaps the residents have no idea what really goes on there? I know the police have been called there before. There are no wonderful grounds, again it wouldn't matter because the residents aren't allowed to go outside! Who will care to step up and really do some surprise inspections here and shut this house Down? This is [Removed] at the highest levels!

The Best Place in the Area

Life in the Country was absolutely the best choice for us. I toured many places, but none of them came even close. Life in the country is a calm, loving place, with great care. The house is spotless every time I visit and the residents are clean and provided for. The owner went of of her way, far and beyond, to help us with the issues we encountered prior to placing our elderly friend. I am certain that our choice was the best we could have possibly made.

Don't use this place any and all costs!!!

The so-called owner Viviana [Removed] is extremely difficult to deal with and is seldom on site! Other services are not what are advertised nor is the quality up to par for what I would think the state of Maryland would deem adequate & monitor. This should be your LAST choice for a loved one! There have been known problems where Residents are not given mail, receive regular contact and are socially and psychologically isolated. Use great caution and stay away from this place is my advice.

It's a wonderful place.

I love this place for my Dad. It has a homey, friendly, family feel. They care for the seniors and feed them well. There are visitors throughout the day and the children of the staff drop by too. There are generally 2 caregivers on duty for a maximum of 5 residents. I cared for my father but his Alz issues became such that I couldn't care for him, keep my job , and have any personal life. They are dedicated to his care so my time with Dad is now pleasant because the stress and exhaustion I felt juggling Dad and job is gone. They are currently full but I would recommend to anyone with a loved one that needs assisted living

Finding A Place for Gumpy Grandpa

Life In The Country is a very nice private home inn a large community, as when driving around you would not know that it is a Assisted Living situation. I had tried about 9 months ago looking for somewhere for my 80 + grandfather who is very stuck in his ways & knew that it wasn't going to be an easy task to find a place that he would be comfortable in. So after trying in the beginning I kept getting conflicting information on how to start to find a place. So then waited & tried again & the 2nd time was the charm!!!! I had been told to go to several places of larger ran, smaller - private, & in between. I was also told to have a list of questions to ask & to ask the same questions to ALL. We were also told to talk to the residents that lived there & how long & what their thoughts were. That did help in our final decision. We knew that we needed something on the smaller & more personal size, we also knew that he would need his own room as he is picky. The 1st couple that we looked at were bigger of having 11-15 people, only 1 other he would have had his own room. When I had made the phone calls to the places we were going & talked with the people the only one that was able to show us ALL of the verification & cerification that is needed in which to run an Assisted Living place. The people that work & the owners are extremely nice & accomidating to the new people just coming in & the ones that had been there for a longer period of time. My grandfather is a very picky & somewhat grouchy person until he gets situated, he has only been there about 2 1/2 wks & is finally starting to get a little comfy. My main thing to do was to get him 1) Closer to where I live 2) A place that someone was available 24/7 3) Plus somewhere that I knew he would be eating like he should of 3 meals a day as prior he was only having 1. & 4) Also that if he should fall someone would be able to hear &help him. Since getting him somewhere safe I can finally get some sleep straight through during the night.

Good experience so far

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far the experience has been a good one. It is a small, tight-knit community. There are only about 5 residents, so each person ends up getting a lot of individual attention.