Tranquillity at Fredericktowne - Frederick, MD

• No Smoking Indoors

People seemed friendly. Room sizes were good. Lots of community space. Good parking for guests. 2nd choice so far.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you for this review! We would be honored if you chose us to care for your Loved One. Come visit us again.

Best decision ever 👍

Having to look for assisted living for my mom , was a n experience I dreaded. I had been to 3 other facilities before I visited Tranquillity . I walked into Tranquility and was comfortable from the first impression . All staff were professional , and welcoming to mom and our entire family . Mom loves it and we love visiting her there . Mom makes comment like I'm not lonely anymore , and they keep us busy all day long . We visit frequently and have never witnessed or experienced anything but the highest level of care . Thank you Tranquility staff For making a very tough decision , turn into a blessing not only for mom , but for our entire family . My husband and I joke that we know where we will be living in 20 years

Bridget Keefe

Thank you so much for this review! The day your Mom moved in was one of the best days at Tranquillity! I can vouch that she is active from morning until night and has made so many friends. It is our mission here to always provide the best Resident care and Family service, and I am thrilled you and your family are content with your decision to move Mom here. Everyone loves when you bring the dog and the "princesses" to visit-we will see you soon! Bridget

Total and Complete Peace of Mind

My mother has been living at Tranquillity since January of this year. We had looked for quite a while to find a wonderful, clean, caring and affordable facility to house my mother. We live in Virginia and we had not thought about moving her out of state, but after speaking to one of my long time friends, whose mother was residing at Tranquillity we decided to look into this facility. My friend explained how much her mother loved being at Tranquillity. So we decided to look into the property. From the very beginning, we were pleased at the professional and caring service we were given when touring the facility and after we put her on the waiting list. We are so grateful to have found such a clean, loving, personalized, and all around great place for my aging mother. The staff is unbelievably helpful, professional, and knowledgeable. Any time I have had a question or problem, my concerns or questions have been addressed immediately and have always been taken care of to my satisfaction. The staff is superb. Most of all my mother LOVES living at Tranquillity. I would HIGHLY recommend this assisted living to anyone considering placing their loved one in such a facility. Tranquillity has been a god-sent to our entire family. My mother is happy and our family has peace of mind. We feel blessed to have found this wonderful place.

Bridget Keefe

Mimi, thank you so much for this review. We love your Mom so much, and I am thrilled that she has settled in so well. She is one of our "Tranquillity Ambassadors" and is always so sweet and helpful to new Residents. We pride ourselves on top notch Resident care and premier Customer Service and I am happy we can count you (and more importantly your Mom) as one of our satisfied customers. Bridget

A Caring Place

We were looking for a suitable and caring environment for my mother who is suffering from dementia. The search can be a difficult task. We found Tranquility at Fredericktowne by chance and were very pleased we did. First the campus is small and personal, walking into the foyer of the main building we found a warm and inviting homelike environment. The staff and residents were genuinely caring of each other. This warmth was a reflection of the caring and professional staff, and the residents who feel, respected and attended to. I now feel confident that I placed my mother in a safe nurturing environment, in the hands of a thoughtful and caring staff.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you so much for this review! We are all so happy you found us as well! Your Mother is a true ray of sunshine and a gift to our community! The search for Assisted Living can really be overwhelming, and many families have a lot of guilt that they are "putting their loved one in a nursing home". As you and your wife have seen, ALs are about LIVING and we are so glad we get to care for your Mother!

My tour

This looked like a clean community when I visited. The people I met were nice and upfront with us as they let us know this community does not accept residents which require a feeding tube.

Bridget Keefe

I am sorry we could not assist you with your loved ones needs. We have indeed had Residents with feeding tubes before-every case is different and therefore we need to assess everyone on an individual basis. We never want to make promises that we cannot keep.

Okay place!

This is a very nice community and the staff has been helpful as much as they can. They do offer my parents activities they just have not started to participate yet. I like the food, but not sure how my parents feel.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you for this review. We constantly offer our Residents a wide variety of activities, and different menu options. Tranquillity believes in making our Residents feel as independent as possible and that they have a choice about what to eat and how to spend the day. Our staff is here to help in any way that is needed!

My mother and father were both residents at Tranquiity for almost two years before their death. The facility was always clean, the staff very warm and their care was excellent. My parents participated in the activities, met new friends and received the highest quality of care even as their health declined. The staff was exceptional in addressing their increasing care level needs so they could stay in what had become their home. I would recommend this facility to any family looking for a home for their loved ones because I felt secure that my parents were receiving the best care possible.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you for this wonderful review. We all loved your parents! They both had such good senses of humor and we all still miss them. Our goal truly is to allow our Residents to age in place, even as their health declines and their care levels increase. Your parents are perfect examples of our philosophy in action, and I thank you for your willingness to refer.

Really liked this place but decided that another place was closer and we liked it just as much.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you for visiting us. We wish you the best of luck with your current arrangements and know that if your needs change we are here to serve!

My Mom Loves It

My mom is loving it here. I like this community very much and it is a great place. It is absolutely clean all around the facility. My mom has been participating in the activities and she likes it. The food is good and Mom is happy with her meals.

Bridget Keefe

I am so glad that your Mother has adjusted well! Our Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments work really hard to keep our community clean and shining. We have a new Food Service Director who strives for success with every plate, and meets with our Residents monthly to get their input. Thanks for the lovely review!

A High Recommendation

My father was at Tranquillity the last five months of his life. He was fairly independent except for a permanent feeding tube which required special attention. The staff at Tranquillity were wonderful! They met my father's needs. They were easy to work with, always answering any questions or concerns I had about my father, and they were always kind and friendly. It is a happy place with a family atmosphere, filled with special people. I highly recommend Tranquillity to anyone looking for assisted living!

Bridget Keefe

We loved your Dad-he was such a gentleman! We also really miss seeing you and hope you come back to visit and maybe volunteer. We truly love each and every one of our Residents, and strive to make their golden years as happy and comfortable as possible. We also love our Families and work hard to keep you free of stress and worry about your loved one. Thank you for sharing your Father with us.

Tranquility is a wonderful place! You walk in the lobby and it reminds you of a hotel. Everyone is so nice and friendly and the admin. staff greets you with a hug.

My Mom arrived by ambulance in July 2015 and we thought this was the beginning of the end. She suffers from dementia and Parkinson's disease and she has done a complete turn-around. She is very pleasant and smiles all the time! Even though it was a huge adjustment for her, the staff has been very patient and helped her through the transition. She receives her meds on time and her meals in the Dining Hall as this was not the case when she was living alone.
My Mom, too is a life-long smoker and they have accommodated this as well!

Knowing that my Mom is in good hands and is well taken of is a huge relief!

Bridget Keefe

Suzanne, thank you so much for this review. Your Mother really is a success story! We all will never forget the day she arrived. I also remember that in the beginning it took her at least 30 minutes to propel her wheelchair 15 feet. Now she walks with a walker, goes outside to smoke with her bff and can bend down to pick things up! She is amazing and we are so lucky to have her. She is a gift, as are you, your brother and all your family members!

Thank you Tranquility!!

I had to move both of my parents at the same time from Pennsylvania to Maryland. Both were diagnosed with dementia. My mother being more severe. The first day there my mother did not respond well and was not able to stay. However, the staff assisted me in finding an appropriate facility for her to receive the type of care she needed immediately. Within three weeks, my mother was able to return to Tranquility and is loving her new "home". During her three weeks away the staff of Tranquility paid special attention to my father so that he felt at home and kept him busy so he wouldn't miss my mother so much.

They are both very happy there. They love all of the staff workers and especially love their meals. My mother has responded well to their great environment and exceptional care. The staff is very patient and kind to my parents and it is a blessing that I have found a place where I know they are safe and cared for everyday.

Bridget Keefe

Hi Deb-Thank you so much for this review. We love having your parents-they are a charming and friendly couple and let me tell you, their table is the place to be for meals! I love how they keep their door open and are so welcoming to anyone who walks by. I am happy that we are giving them the exceptional care they deserve. Stop by to see Terry or me so we can make sure that your experience is always a 5.0 one!

THE VERT BEST PLACE TO BE...

My wife and I both looked very hard to find an assisted living facility for my mother suffering from Alzeheimers disease.
After an exhaustive online search, visiting numerous facilities, TRANQUILITY was at the very top of our list. All others fellow well below our expectations.
My mother is a diehard life long smoker. One of our concerns was that many facilities do not accept smokers. TRANQUILITY does with minimal restrictions.
Beyond that the facility is well maintained, clean, bright, airy, and spaceous.
Tranquility offers a variety of different sized rooms and amenities. There is a room to fit everyone's needs.
The staff from the very top to the bottom is knowledgable, eager to assist, and go the extra mile to be helpful for residents and families.
Tranquility maintains more than adequate staff to perform all their functions in minimal time and go out of their way to be of assistance. Ask a question and they have the answers readily at hand. They have an excellent medical staff, nursing services, food services, physical therapy, in house repairs, all manner of extra curricular services from day trip for sight seeing and shopping. There is even a book mobile that services Tranquility on a regular basis.
In closing, I cannot think of a better place for my mother to live among a caring and dedicated staff.
In closing.... If and when my time comes TRANQUILITY is the place I want my wife and I to live out our remaining days.

Bridget Keefe

Steve, thank you so much for this wonderful review! We love your Mother and you and your family so much, and I am thrilled that we are providing you with the customer service you deserve. I appreciate how kind and friendly you are to other residents, and that you so willingly bring your adorable dog to visit. Thank you for giving us the gift of caring for your Mom!

Clean and family oriented. Very nice facility. Got unsolicited reviews from residents and they all were happy. The staff truly loved their jobs. I'm still considering this one.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you for this review! Our housekeeping staff goes above and beyond to keep our community clean. Our entire staff treats everyone-Residents and other staff menbers-like they would their own family. We all do truly love our jobs and our Residents are truly happy here. We hope you and your loved one will join us!

Friendly, safe place

Tranquility has been a wonderful place for my Step-Father. He is happy here and I know he is in a safe friendly place. The Senior Advisor I worked with was wonderful in helping me find this place that fit his needs.

Bridget Keefe

We love your Step-Father, and he is indeed happy here. Tranquillity is a safe place where our Residents can enjoy life worry free. The staff are friendly to other staff and Residents, and our Residents socialize, smile and laugh with each other.

Excellent Caregivers

They have just been very helpful; from getting my mother into the place, and with helping me to feel comfortable with the place, and to supporting her with a difficult transition. The caregivers have just been excellent with her.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you so much for this review. The transition from Independent Living to Assisted Living is never an easy one in the beginning-for Family Members or Residents. All of us at Tranquillity are always accessible and are here to support you and your loved one every step of the way.

The facility was very nice. I really liked how friendly everyone was. The showers are really roomy. Unfortunately, I don't think my mom can afford this facility.

Bridget Keefe

I am happy you liked our community. We pride ourselves on our friendly, caring staff who make everyone feel at home at Tranquillity. I would be happy to sit down with you again and assist you with finding the most affordable care options for your Mother. Feel free to call me at [removed]

Doing a nice job

At Tranquillity at Fredericktowne they are doing a nice job. Some things aren't perfect. One is their promise to provide green salads or fresh fruit at all meals. I made clear that that was a primary criterion in selecting this facility, but it isn't consistently provided. I would like to see this improve. Management staff are extremely helpful and friendly here. Overall it's been an extremely positive experience.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you for this review, and for alerting us about this issue. This will be rectified immediately. Our new Food Service Director is hard at work making sure our Residents have the foods they enjoy. I am thrilled that your experience has been an extremely positive one overall!

Personal touch

My parents have been in tranquility for a few weeks now. I have not been but my sister moved them in. The main feedback I'm
Getting is that the employees are really sweet there. Very kind and work hard to see that my parents feel welcomed and comfortable. That seems to be paramount. My parents like the hot breakfast but overall the food is average and somewhat institutional style. My sister said my Mom's room smelled and she wished they'd address it but overall the personal touch of the aids is above average.

Bridget Keefe

Mary, thank you for this review. I am glad that your parents are happy-they are lovely! Our caregivers take great pride in taking great care of our Residents. We have a new Food Service Director and he is working hard to improve our food. I welcome you for a visit and then you will be able to see for yourself how great our housekeeping is!

This is an outstanding facility particularly for clients who have memory issues..

This is an outstanding facility particularly for clients who have memory issues. It is an excellent quality of care for cost. This is a great place that engages the elderly that still want a positive quality of life. They have a wide variety of activities. They have games, live music, social events, bible discussions, and more. The location of the facility is great for anyone in the Frederick area.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you so much for your input! Tranquillity is a lively place, no doubt. We want our Residents to enjoy life without worrying about their memory loss. There is indeed always something going on here-our activities calendar is a veritable buffet with offerings to please everyone. Also our Residents have control over the calendar-when they want an activitiy that isn't on the calendar all they have to do is ask!

FAMILY

Over 4 years ago my brother and I had to find an assisted living community for our mom. We did our homework and toured all of the communities in Frederick. Finally, we decided on Tranquillity. From the beginning we knew that Tranquillity was family, not only did my mom feel that way but all of the family do. Four years ago my mother was told she had 1 year at best, she is still going strong and we all believe that it is because she is surrounded by an extended family 24 hours a day. She is happier now than we have ever seen her. She loves the activities and outings. You can tell that Tranquillity is well managed, everyone gives care which is amazing to see. When I am visiting Bridget who is marketing and even Terri, the Director makes it a point to visit with us. It is truly remarkable to see how they care for my mom and all of the other residents. At Christmas time I get a personalized Christmas card from Terri, she takes time from her busy schedule to write out Christmas cards. Lucia, The Actvities Director will take pictures of mom enjoying the activities so that I can share them with family. Charlie, the Maintenance Director is fabulous. My mother must drive him crazy with asking him to hang pictures and then she wants them in another spot. He is so nice to her and even though he's busy he makes her feel that she is the most important. The nursing staff is so well organized. I can call Vicki and talk about my mom and she knows whats going on. Tracy and Nicole are part of nursing and they are so helpful and always smiling. My mom really enjoys the food and its nice to know that when she wants aomething else, Andrew the chef will always accomodate. I can write for hours about why Tranquillity is the perfect place and the best way that I could describe is FAMILY!

Bridget Keefe

Thank you for this wonderful review! All of us are so happy you feel like you and your Mother are family! Our entire Tranquillity staff strive to give excellent care and to treat your Loved Ones like they are part of our family, because they ARE! I am very pleased that you find our staff accessible and friendly. Our doors are always open!

Great place for your aging loved one

Tranquillity staff have been nothing but professional, caring & attentive to my moms needs & required care since she moved there in 2010. Mom was diagnosed w/Alzheimer's in 2006 & as the disease progresses their contract professionals (MD &RN) trained in geriatrics/Alzheimer's/dementia visit her regularly. Any updates to her care must go thru the POA for approval which is respected. Tranquillity can not make changes on their own. Mom participates and enjoys the activities that are planned. You can visit your loved one anytime you want. I highly recommend Tranquillity at Fredericktowne.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you so much for your recommendation. We pride ourselves on being caring, professional and attentive to all of our Residents' needs. Everyone at Tranquillity deserves great care, including our Residents' family members. We welcome your visits anytime, and encourage you to "pop in"!

Tranquillity, loved it 4 years ago, love it today.

Tranquillity has been nothing but gracious and accommodating the four plus years my mother has been in their facility. My mother is a well-taken care of 90 year old resident of the memory care unit. My sister and I visit her regularly all different times of the day. Our hope is that the rest of her life is spent with the same professional staff she has always encountered. I would recommend Tranquillity 100%.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you for this review. Our goal is to provide top-notch care for all of our Residents, whether Memory Care or Assisted Living. As you have experienced, we have an open door policy with all of our families, and are honored to be part of your lives and the life of your loved one.

read the newspaper about antipsychotic before going there

Tranquility pushes for your loved ones to be put on antipsychotics, and a variety of drugs to keep elderly live ins tranquilized inorder to make their jobs easier and therefore require less staff on their payroll. If you have questions or concerns about your family member don't expect to get cooperation from the head staff or executive staff. I have had to call the Ombudsman in for help and the State of Maryland. They were holding off giving me my mothers records. I had to chase them down to get them and still have not gotten everything. Do not send a loved one to any place that wants to drug your parent when it is not medically needed.

Bridget Keefe

We at Tranquility advocate for our residents as if they were are own family members. We work closely with our team of physicians to determine the best possible treatments for our residents, and whenever possible, avoid the use of medications to treat behaviors. Less than 2% of our residents are prescribed any kind of antipsychotic medications, and these have been prescribed by a team of psychiatric professionals. We are happy to share records and discuss concerns with any family member who has been granted power of attorney, or for whom we have written permission from the exisiting POA.

Kind and Friendly

My Mom has been interested in their activities and has been doing a lot with them, so, she is very happy. The director of sales has been very kind and caring with my mom. What we noticed was that everyone was very happy. The place is beautiful and they've just been so kind and caring. My mom is very happy and we are very happy and pleased. Everyone is so kind and friendly.

Bridget Keefe

Our collective "job" here at Tranquility is to provide top-notch customer service, and to treat our Residents like we would treat our own family members. We believe that our Residents deserve the best possible care and life enrichment. We want each and every one of our Residents to be able to embrace life to the fullest. I am thrilled to know your mother is so happy!

Kind and Friendly!

The person Margie Director of sales she has been wonderful. The residents seem happy. It's beautiful. I just can't enough about it.

Bridget Keefe

We are all very proud of Tranquility. Thank you for your wonderful comments.

The facility is nice, howev...

The facility is nice, however their memory care unit is not yet certified by the state and they were not very good at giving concrete information as to how the memory care unit will run (staff, activities, etc.). Also, the residents currently in the memory care wing as very old & there is not really anyone for my father to interact with.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you for this review. We are indeed certified by the State of Maryland as a Memory Care provider, and this includes a secure Memory Care Neighborhood. We allow Residents to age in place and we are proud that many of our Residents have lived with us for several years. We invite you to come back in and see what a vibrant place our Memory Care Neighborhood is.

Starts at $4700 Very rich a...

Starts at $4700 Very rich activities [removed] diverse, not just board games

Bridget Keefe

Thank you for this review! Our Director of Life Enrichment and her team make sure that our Activities calendar offers something for everyone.

I think it's safe to say we...

I think it's safe to say we were impressed with tranquility. There appears to be adequate and caring medical help available for all residents at all times. The room sizes were fairly generous, particularly compared to Sunrise. It was reassuring that our guide knew virtually everyone we saw, whether a resident, nurse, just everyone. The facility looked welcoming and comfortable. One [removed] we arrived just prior to lunch and there were many quite elderly residents with walkers and wheelchairs waiting to get into the dining area. All of the residents we saw appear to be either older or in poorer health than my mother. I worry that she may feel alienated by not seeing someone as apparently as healthy as she. Still, I am certain my mother would be happy at Tranquility or Sunrise. Both appear to be safe, welcoming homes.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you so much for this review. We are proud to provide care to a wide variety of Seniors, whether healthy and independent or needing more care. We are indeed a safe, welcoming place and from our front line staff all the way to our CEO, we learn all of our Residents' names and the names of their Family Members. We would love to welcome your Mother, too.

So far so good

They're going great, we're in good shape and we're going to do another short stay over labor day.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you so much for this review! We are glad you have been happy.

Very nice, rooms small, the lay out t...

Very nice, rooms small, the lay out they have available will not work for us. When other shared unit layout is available we will reconsider.

Bridget Keefe

We are very sorry we could not accomodate your needs at this time. Apartment availability can change quickly, so give us a call at [removed]

terry and her team are very caring an...

terry and her team are very caring and dedicated. multi-level floor plan may be confusing for the elderly. facility is bright and cheerful. this is a favorite.

Bridget Keefe

We appreciate your input! Our staff love our Residents like family. Anytime one of our Residents is confused or anxious there is a caring staff member right around the corner to reassure and redirect. No one should ever be worried about where they are when they are at Tranquillity!

Nice facility and very friendly staff...

Nice facility and very friendly staff. Terry was very informative and helpful. Seemed to have many activities planned for residents.

Bridget Keefe

Thank you for your comments. Terry has been with Tranquillity for over 6 years. Her door, as well as the doors of the entire Management team, is always open. Our Life Enrichment Director meets with Residents monthly at a Residents' Council Meeting to make sure the Activities Calendar reflects the activities and outings that they want. Life is all about our Residents here at Tranquillity.

Conveniently located right off of Interstate 70 and Route 15 in Frederick, Tranquility possesses breathtaking views of both the Catoctin and Sugarloaf mountains. The beautifully landscaped grounds include flower and vegetable gardens maintained by our own residents. Our walking path around our three story majestic home is popular with our residents as they enjoy our wooded area as well as the wildlife that inhabits them.

Our experienced management team and our dedicated trained staff are committed to providing all of our residents with choices that will preserve and promote their dignity, encourage their independence and nurture their spiritual, emotional and physical well-being.

You can have the peace of mind knowing that mom and dad are getting the assistance that they need with their activities of daily living, including medication management and housekeeping and laundry services. As social creatures we all need meaningful interaction with others and our home like setting and full activity schedules provide the opportunity for new friendships to be formed and enjoyed.

Our residents are served healthy and delicious meals three times a day in our elegant dining room and families and friends are welcome to join their loved ones in our private dining room. Our community is family oriented and we are committed to providing the most choices and best possible care for your loved ones. Please contact Bridget Keefe, Director of Sales & Marketing for more information or to set up a tour. Pets are lovingly welcomed.