Sunrise of Frederick - Frederick, MD

lots of room options!!

I was very impressed with my tour that I had taken of this community. The staff where very kind and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked that they had many sizes in room options to choose from. They seemed to be able to meet the needs of anyone with how many choices they had to choose from. Overall it was a great place it was just not the right fit for my dad in the end decision.

Ruff Start, but Working in A Positive Direction Now

We had a ruff start with my mother's move to this community. At this time things have gotten better. Is it still a work in progress, but they are working with me to figure out the best care plan for my mother, and her needs. There has been medicine issues, and figuring out what is going to work best for my mother. At this moment everything are working in the right direction for us at this community.

Beautiful care for family

This is a great community. The staff is so nice and they have alot staff members to help the residents. The community is always clean. The meals appear to be good and my mom does have a special meal that they are very helpful is assisting her. I am glad to know that she is involved with activities and is enjoying them. This is a very beautiful community. We are glad that it is close to our home. we would recommend this community to anyone looking for great care and value

they let her be dirty and did not care

mom is new at Sunrise and we were overwhelmed with how much they appeared to care for her until we went to visit her and twice she was not clean and her teeth had not been brushed and she smelled. When we brought our concerns to the directors they charged us another 1000.00 a month for the next package price and said the package we had been given when she moved in only included one shower so it was basically our fault she was dirty but now that we were paying more they assured us she would be clean. I was hoping 4400.00 a month gave you some dignity and self respect but apparently that only happens when you are getting to 5000.00+ a month. They acted like we were the bad guys for speaking up and since it will be too hard on mom to move her elsewhere we are stuck feeling like everyone hates us there. The staff does not care about families unless you are quiet and never speak up. We feel it is all about the money there and the care for the resident is second at best. They had no problem taking her out on activities looking dirty with greasy hair and a dirty diaper. Nice-well they "promised" it would be better now....for a price

Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise is a beautiful facility. The residences were engaging, the staff friendly, they had many activities posted and the rooms were bright , clean and did not smell.

A Pleasant Experience For Us Here

My mother is doing very well here at this community. My mother has adjusted well to this community and I'am pleased. I really love the people here, everyone has been very kind and friendly. I like it because it feels like a home away from home. They do an outstanding with caring for her and her needs. She looks great whenever I visit. There are many activities for the residents. The food smells wonderful. It has really been a pleasant for us here and I would recommend it.

A Wonderful Place

My father was only here for three days and we had to move him to a nursing home. We are hoping that his health improves, so we can move he back. This is a wonderful community and we were pleased. They do a good job of keeping the facility nice and clean. The staff was kind and friendly. There are good activities offered. We did have a chance to try the meals and they were nice. It is a facility I would recommend.

Sunrise Frederick -a new home for dad

We moved my dad in to Sunrise on the Road Home Program. It has been a blessing to know that he is safe and happy within his surroundings. The staff are attentive, supportive and friendly. Everyone made us feel right at home, introducing themselves the minute we were on the floor. I never have to worry about his physical and emotional well being. They are on top of everything.

My dad loves to go to the baseball games with the residents and other outings. He has even tried his hand at baking, a new hidden talent. I can not say enough about this place.

He is now a full time resident in the reminiscence program and calls Sunrise his home.

Review of Sunrise of Frederick - Frederick, MD

When walking into this victorian style home it is immediately welcoming and has a homey feel. There is a large sitting area with fire place where many of the residents were enjoying the fire the cutest bistro cafe decorating from the 50s with popcorn machine old dinette chairs jukebox and pictures of the legends such as Elvis. There is also another game room library area with multiple tables to play scrabble read and it has plenty of windows and finally there is another sitting area which is cozy and inviting that has a big TV for the residents. One thing that set this one apart that I really liked is that each floor has assigned staff and a bulletin board with their name title and picture. This is always the assigned care-givers nurses etc. for that floor of residents so they really have the opportunity to get to know the individuals as well as the family has a direct contact person should they have questions. The dinning area has three meal selections for lunch and dinner and like all I have toured the option of PBJ grilled cheese or another sandwich is available should they not like the daily selection. There are studios and one bedroom apartments I do feel like the bathrooms in the apartments were smaller than most I had seen but not so small that it was a deal breaker. Level of Care Room Rate Med Management Monthly fee

Relieved, and thanks!

My mother will benefit from her life at Sunrise, in the opinion of my family and me. I was relieved she was admitted and am confident she will be engaged and have a better variety of activities and care that she needs in her condition.

Great facility. Lots of activities and I love the idea of individual care companions rather than an ever changing staff of nurses. Felt more like a hotel than a senior living home.

I liked this facility. Chante gave a thorough tour. I liked that she knew all the residents and interacted with them. I got a few unsolicited reviews from residents and they all seemed happy--a good sign. This one's definitely still in the running.

Dad Considers Sunrise Home

Changing living quarters is often a hard transition for seniors. It is one reason why I waited until my 94-year-old father-in-law lived at Sunrise for 6 months before writing a review. Here is my assessment:

Location – Sunrise of Frederick is tucked away just off Rte. 15, which was convenient for me to drop in when I run errands. For out- of-town family and friends, the location makes it easier to find Sunrise. It is also near a couple of hotels, shopping and restaurants.

Dining Services - Food service is excellent at Sunrise. Not only does the food taste good but it is prepared in healthy ways, which does not necessarily go hand in hand. Residents choose their meal from a menu, which changes daily. The menu contains appetizer, entrée and dessert choices. And if nothing looks appealing, the chef will make one of the old standbys such as grilled cheese, hot dogs, and eggs. A month before my father- in- law moved in, I asked 8 random residents what they thought of the food. I was shocked that not one of them complained. All raved about the meals as does my father-in-law.

Activities – I saw online that one critic complained that some of them were kind of lame. Okay, obviously, this person is not yet 50 and does not have much senior experience. As we age, we get less and less interested in participating in strenuous activity much less watching others doing it. I found each activity on Sunrise’s calendar, no matter how simple, to show a great deal of thought in giving the residents a reason for moving, for learning new things, and for providing external stimulation. In addition, seniors are given opportunities to suggest activities and to volunteer. The Sunrise calendar is always booked with fun trips (wax museum, farms, orchards, zoo, fairs, restaurants and shopping to name a few).

Cleanliness No matter when I pop into Sunrise, the communal areas are clean and my father in law’s quarters spotless.

Staff So far I cannot say enough good things about the staff. They have been his brain when he can’t remember stuff, have taken care of his laundry and cleaned his room, have brought him his meds faithfully each day like clockwork. They have handled my father-in-law with kindness, respect, and patience, even on days when he might not be as cheery.

For our family, Sunrise has provided a safe and comfortable living space, a chance to make new friends, and activity options that far surpass what we could provide on a daily basis. Sunrise may not be for everyone, however, you should add this facility as a “must see” when you are checking out new homes for your loved one. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Wonderful home for my mom.

My mom has been a resident for a number of years, this is her home. The staff is always helpful, friendly, trust worthy and excellent care takers. Sunrise provides a beautiful, enjoyable and safe home for the residents. We are very pleased with our choice.

My wife and I toured this community and were very pleased with what we saw (clean, activities, very friendly). After narrowing it down to two communities we chose Sunrise based on the personalized service that would be provided for my mother.

My wife and I toured this community and were very pleased with what we saw (clean, activities, very friendly). After narrowing it down to two communities in Frederick we chose Sunrise based on the personalized service that would be provided for my mother.

good overall, but a bit cramped

Overall Sunrise of Frederick is a very nice place, although it turned out not to be the best solution for my brother. He stayed there for a time but in the end felt it was not for him. One reason that he gave for this is that some of the space in his room and such was a bit cramped and as such it was difficult for a person with mobility challenges like him to get around. It's certainly not a bad place and many of the residents seem to really love it, but it wasn't for him.

warm and welcoming environment

It has been an extremely warm and welcoming environment at Sunrise of Frederick. It was a seamless transition, and mom feels like a part of the community.

One area they can improve is with the activities. They are very average, and with some creativity they could do more things, such as maybe a Sunday ride out to the mountains to see something different.

Man! This is it! Terri went...

Man! This is it! Terri went over the top with the tour, information and number crunching. Barb and Fred could remain bed buddies (for as long as he's up for it) and the Memory Program for Barb is right on point. I'd like my husband to check the place out, and then go from there. I know we aren't ready to move forward with a date and a plan, but at least we'll know where we're headed.

Like this place very much &...

Like this place very much & Terri was very informative. I would consider putting my dad here also. Only thing that I did not like was there was no outdoor space for the residents to go w/o a staff member.

Starts at $3780; near Baker...

Starts at $3780; near Baker Park; activities not very inspiring..yoga and games. Connected w/St. Timothy's.

Overall, this is an appeali...

Overall, this is an appealing place in a pleasant setting. We liked the idea that there are only about 70 residents there. We both agreed that the rooms were considerably smaller than we expected (We are familiar with Country Meadows in Frederick). Particularly small when a room is shared. The size doesn't matter if you are someone who socializes well and often -- lots of places to get together with other residents outside of your room. But if you tend toward reclusive or shy, then the rooms, especially shared rooms, seem confining. Otherwise, we were impressed with Sunrise. This is the first place we visited, so comparison is difficult.

Very nice facility. It does have a M...

Very nice facility. It does have a Memory Care Unit.

Nive clean facility as well as friend...

Nive clean facility as well as friendly staff. Director was very informative, helpful, and is great to work with! I've requested & quickly received additional material from director.

The Director and her team are fantast...

The Director and her team are fantastic and caring. floor plan is not as free flowing as heartfields and is multi-floored. however the facility is wonderfully decorated to stimulate an elderly group. this is a favorite.

Very friendly staff, not too keen on ...

Very friendly staff, not too keen on needing to take an elevator for meals, available room strange configuration, older building a bit musty (not good for Mom's COPD)

Sunrise of Frederick is an assisted living community in Frederick, Maryland, located just blocks from The Golden Mile (Route 40 west). Sunrise of Frederick is nestled in a suburban, convenient setting. We pride ourselves in our experience in Frederick County with nearly 15 years serving seniors in Frederick, Maryland. We also offer a caring and dedicated care giving team.

We are pleased to announce that we were recognized by the Frederick County Office for Children and Families as a Family Friendly Business.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community, like Sunrise of Frederick, and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at Sunrise of Frederick is a welcome one.