Happy with My Move here this Community

Great community. I'am pleased with my move to this community. All is well for me in this community.

Big Complex!

Everything is going great since my move here. The place is very comfortable and everyone is very nice. I am one of the youngest people here, and they don't have any activities. They have some meals provided I believe but I have not taken advantage of it. My apartment is comfortable and I have everything that I need.

Nice Community!!

I have been enjoying my time so far residing in the community. The housekeeping does a good job keeping everything clean. My room is kept well organized and clean as well. There are only two available activities one is bingo and the other is an exercise class. The staff has great communication with me. I would recommend this place to family and friends.

[removed]

Ok so my mother lived there 7 or 8 years and yes its really not good getting in or out of building for handicappers....the shower isset up nice though. My mom died and it has been several months.....when she died my sisters and brother in law emptied out her place and scrubbed walls and shampooed carpets...it was iimmaculate. ..have pictures to prove that and now [removed] I think if you work around senior citizens you aught not to be able to [removed]. All in all mom loved her apartment but not the property management.i really think this is a place of buisness that cares about making money...not about the senior residents.

Nice place!

My loved one really seems to be enjoying himself here! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept facility, and the staff all seem very friendly. It just seems like a very nice place overall!

If you suffer a disability you have to try to find a place to park where you can safely get to an entrance. There are no visitor parking spaces and the residents are permanently parked in the handicapped spaces which are few.

too far for my parents to drive every day to my house

This was really nice. The price was a little high. $805.00 This was really nice and clean.

Unhappy residents of Liberty Arms Apartments

Liberty Arms Apartments are lower rent than a lot of other apartment buildings but not low enough to warrant the uninterested management company and angry maintenance manager that run the complex. They do have washers and dryers on each floor, but the dryers are so poorly heated that it takes 2 to 3 times the $1.00 per load to get your clothes dry and you are not reimbursed for the added cost when this happens. The security doors do not close all the way leaving the building anything but secure. Many things are stolen on a regular basis because of the problem and the residents are blamed for this. The ads said the rent starts at $500.00 a month, but reality is that it starts closer to $700.00 if you can get one at that price, you are more likely to pay closer to $900.00 a month and they will do a bait and switch if you do not watch it. They raise rent frequently and without much notice and you can not find other arrangements in time to keep from going into bankruptcy. If you have other choices, take one of them!

Good apartments for independent living for Seniors

I moved my 61 year old dad into the Liberty Arms apartments. I looked around a good bit. Since he is younger, I went with this one since it doesn't have as many "extras" and the cost is much lower without those "extras!" By extras I mean meals and maid service mostly. He has to pay extra to hire an outside maid.

They say they supply breakfast every morning, but know that it is a cold, small continental breakfast. Coffee and bagels or muffins. It's a large building, and he is trying to meet people, so thought breakfast would be good. Only about 8-10 people attend breakfast and it's just Mon-Friday. It's his main social time, though, so not too bad. Just wish more people went.

The office is closed on weekends, so if you think your Senior might need help or care on a weekend, go somewhere where there is a worker available on weekends as well.

The security so far is great. You need a "key card" to get in the door or the office can buzz you in. No one can just walk in there.

The office manager, Michele, is super nice and helpful. The maintenance guy, Jim, is a rockstar. When something needs fixing, he does it that day or the next day if he's super busy, and it's always done very well. He's very friendly and helpful too.

My dad hasn't tried out the shuttle bus yet but I'm glad they have one available.

There aren't a bunch of activities, but some sprinkled throughout the week. Way better than none!

Overall, I think it's a great place for Seniors that can do things on their own. Cook for themselves, etc...

Though I wish it provided 3...

Though I wish it provided 3 meals a day, for $1,000 less a month than Tamarack, my stepdad can easily afford this one and it provides breakfast. Also, office manager, Michelle Sanchez, was awesome to work with.

The floor plan is poorly de...

The floor plan is poorly designed and does not fit my needs at all. I would need to buy new things instead of downsizing.

Ok, a bit smaller but adequate. Heat...

Ok, a bit smaller but adequate. Heat & air unit under windows, like hotel. Back of complex backs up to Rt. 12.

I really liked this home and being ou...

I really liked this home and being out in Wauconda.

My dad and Grams, and Aunt toured thi...

My dad and Grams, and Aunt toured this place and all liked it. Grams of course liked it the best as she would be living on her own and she liked that Dollar Store was across the street (major hwy) and mentioned she could walk there! That in itself scares me b/c I know how stubborn she is! For the location, being only minutes from family, it is ideal but I think we need to look more seriously at other places that also offer Asst living help. I have not personally seen this as I do not feel that it should be considered. And as per my Mom, apparently my Dad also thinks we should find a place with AL help.

Liberty Arms, Lake County's newest senior living community, has been designed to address the social and economical needs for its senior residents, age 55 and older. Liberty Arms offers seniors a maintenance-free lifestyle opportunity with an array of support services as well as luxurious and spacious one and two bedroom apartments at an affordable price.

The three-story elevator building as been designed specifically with its senior residents in mind. The building has large laundry facilities on each level of living, covered parking, furnished lobby and lounges, community room/dining room, multi-purpose room and a Great Room with community kitchen for resident parties and cooking classes.

They have created an environment that will foster resident involvement, convenience, companionship while maintaining independence. The community features spacious one and two bedroom units with eat-in kitchens, large bedrooms and baths as well as individually controlled heating and air.

Additional services at Liberty arms includes week day continental breakfast, planned monthly activities, scheduled transportation, wellness and health fairs, exercise classes, pharmacy delivery and coordination of support services.