Lilac Apartments - Fox Lake, IL

Love it here!!!!

My name is [name removed] & I'm writing this review on behalf of my sister-in-law. She is happy with all the benefits of Lilac Apts. The elevators, the laundry facilities & the friendliness of everyone in the building! Being raised in the city where CTA is such a convenience, the ability to walk up to the corner and hop on a bus to go anywhere & at anytime. This she misses a lot! Eventually she will be able to get used to the bus services here!

The facility is okay but the waiting list is long

I toured this facility when I was originally looking for a place for myself and just from the brief time that I was there, they were okay. I made an appointment and went out there and was able to take a tour. The lady there that helped me had no flexibility with their waiting list (which was roughly 2 years out). However, she was knowledgeable about the community and what they had to offer but it was discouraging on the time frame for the waiting list. My initial reaction wasn’t that great and I just wasn’t that impressed.

Lilac needs improvement!!

I've lived here a few years,Management is quite poor,no full time maintenance,no real fun activities unless you think card playing and Bingo is fun. Too many non-residents have have entry keys, rear security camera not working,Metra tracks close by and train horn blowing is annoying,,,on a good note,,apartments are nice,well constructed brick building,,look and ask questions before making a "yes" decision..

Lilac Tour

The lady was very nice who showed me the apartments. Everybody who lives there seems so pleasant. The view overlooks trees from the apartments is very pretty. I think for affordable senior housing, it's a place to go see. Older building near town in Fox Lake.

Dark Place!!

I came to take a tour of the community but the tour guide was unavailable. A lady that lived in the community gave me a quick tour but did not explain any activities offered or the meal plans. I didn't get to meet any of the staff and the tour was not good. I was told that the manager would update with me and they never did. The atmosphere was not good i didn't get a positive feeling.

everyone has been really nice

I have met several neighbors at Lilac Apartments and everyone has been really nice. The office staff are very friendly also. I haven't lived here too long so I haven't had any concerns yet. But so far so good here.

Nice,near wisc.,good place & price.

Nice,near wisc.,good place & price.

Seems nice. Too far - Fox Lake. 90 s...

Seems nice. Too far - Fox Lake. 90 senior apts with one or two bedrooms, 5 story bldg. Heat, water, garbage included; self regulating heat (air??)

We are a five story building with 105 apartments. 66-one bedroom and 39 two bedroom. We have five distinctive floor plans from 665 to 959 Square Feet of living space.

Entire building conforms to ADA standards.

We are conveniently located within easy walking distance to Shopping, Banking, Restaurants, Doctors, Dentists, Train and Bus Services and Movie Theatre.

We have a Chandeliered entry with two spacious lounges with a fireplace in each lounge.

Coffee Lounge Multipurpose Room for Entertaining Guests Card Room Craft Area/Resident Workshop Sun Deck Laundry Room Secured Entry No Smoking Policy in Common Areas We allow one pet per apartment.