They've met all of my expectations and needs

I’m living here currently and it’s going really, really well. I’m very pleased. When I moved in, my apartment was perfect. I had new carpet and new paint and it was really a pleasure to be able to move in. I was on the waiting list for a few months but they were able to give me exactly what I wanted, including my own parking space in the underground garage. The staff is very helpful. The only issue I ever see is that maybe someone forgets to vacuum the elevator because it’s a high traffic area but the community room and the lobby is just beautiful and they decorate for every holiday. It makes you feel like you’re living in a house because of the decorating. They don’t serve food but they provide small full-sized kitchens in the apartments. They provide plenty of activities like bingo, card games, there’s a movie every Friday night, and they have special dinner events about once a month. The other residents so far have been very friendly and very welcoming. They’ve met all of my needs and expectations and I would recommend them.

I think that the manager is very professional and very flexible. I think that the actual facility needs a little updating but other than that, I think it has been a really good experience for my in-laws.

Needs improvement

I like my apartment but the rest of the place needs work. The doors need to be replaced. I'm not real thrilled with it. I feel like I was kind of deceived. Your not allowed to say anything to the maintenance guys. You can't do laundry after 9:30. It just needs some loving. It needs new painting. I wish they had a fence around the place. They have all kinds of people walking through there. The manager is nice though.

I love it here. I couldn't be in a nicer place.

I love it here. I couldn't be in a nicer place. The people here are just really nice, it's everything I need. It's affordable, in comparison with other place in the area. The rooms are a good size. We have little get togethers. There is an exercise room and a pool room and even a beauty shop. There are some residents that have been here since the 80's. The property is kept up so nice, it looks like it was just built. And everyone who works here is just wonderful and protective, looking out for our best interest.

Disappointed

If you happen to have a misfortune to live higher than the first floor and the elevator breaks down on the weekend, get ready to do a walk-up. The elevator won't be fixed over the weekend; the management has posted a notice to the effect that they are not even required to have an elevator in a 3-story building -- mind you, this place is for the older folks. There is no freight elevator in the building which doesn't make the process of moving in & out any easier. There's only one laundry room located all the way up on the top floor. The place is mostly quiet, save an occasional maintenance visit to your apartment without a prior notice. The image on the website is confusing. It displays a couple sitting by the lake -- have you seen any at the complex? I bet not.

Beautiful and Friendy Facility

The management is wonderful - extremely friendly and helpful. The facility is older but very well maintained and the apartments are clean, spacious and bright. It is an extremely convenient location and the underground parking garage is a wonderful perk.

Love it

I love my apartment, my 4 closets one of them walk-in, spacious rooms, the galley kitchen, the balcony and the garage parking. Maintenance is excellent, very responsive. Everything is very well thought of including the location, it's tucked away in a quiet part of the city yet close to all conveniences, shopping, highway etc. I highly recommend this complex.

For me it's the perfect place.

I'm very very pleased with it, it has a good traffic pattern so it is easy to get around, the neighborhood in my car. They are keeping the snow shoveled, I like my accommodations. I am happy with the storage space, it has good size closets. They have bus service that is convenient to the mall. They have bingo and cards anytime you play, and trips to the casino. The hallways are wide and lit well, it's nice and quiet and clean. For me it's the perfect place.

Need activities for the younger elderly

They just got through painting and redoing the backrooms, its very nice. Amy is very nice too and couldn't be more helpful. They have just dinners and then there are a lot of women that just play cards on their own, then they have a movie. There's a lot of elderly elderly people and I'm younger and some of the people moving in are in their 60's too; I would like to see if they had more things for people in that age group, I wish they had things on Saturday or Friday nights. The only problem I've run into is you are allowed dogs if you live on the first floor but a lot of the elderly people do not like dogs so in the past week I've had to speak with Amy because of the problems I've had with other people. Another thing that would be nice would be a meeting of everybody and at that time people can say "I'm having a problem with this" and everybody hears it. But overall I'm happy here and in fact a friend of mine moved in recently.

Gurnee Meadows is an apartment complex for active, independent adults age 55 or older. We are conveniently located in the heart of Gurnee. Stroll through our seven acres of beautifully landscaped grounds. Choose from five styles of one or two bedroom apartments. Enjoy the exercise rooms, libraries and beauty shop. Take advantage of our daily activities including bingo, crafts, cards, movies and sing-alongs.