Strange price structure

While looking into various options for my love one, I got a very off putting feeling after touring this facility. The way that they price structured a few things made me feel uncomfortable. If you wanted little things it seemed that there would be extra charges for that instead of having an overall fee. It just put me off. However, the facility itself was spacious and clean just not exactly the right fit for my love one.

Receiving good care

My parents are settling in nicely at the Legacy House of Logan. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. The staff is friendly and caring and attentive to their care needs. I live out of state but my sister and brother in law have eaten there with them and they say the food is good. There are plenty of activities that the staff encourages the residents to participate, but my mom is more of a homebody and doesn't engage in the activities. There is a secure outdoor area for them to be able to go outside and enjoy the fresh air. We would recommend this community to others.

Good tour!

I had a goo tour of the Legacy House of Logan. They gave us a good amount of helpful information and showed us around the entire building. The place was clean and everyone that we came in contact with was very friendly.

Nutrition a problem

My mother lived at Legacy House for 4 years and there were many good things about her stay there. The facility is very clean and beautifully kept. The staff are friendly and courteous. The activities are wonderful. However, as her needs increased, I became more and more unhappy. My mother's nutrition was the biggest issue we had, and the staff did not adequately care for her with regards to this very important part of an elderly person's care. She refused meals to the point that she was eating only once daily. It wasn't until I visited her a few times in a row where she looked in very poor health, with poor color and trembling limbs. I discussed the issue with the staff and they suggested Ensure meal replacers, which I would have been glad to have provided if I'd know it was needed. My mother immediately improved after we purchased the Ensure. Her care became to demanding for an assisted living facility and I moved her in with me to avoid a nursing home. Since she's been with me I've realized how poor her nutrition was at Legacy House. She still refuses meals with me, as she did with the Legacy House staff, but I take the time to make sure she drinks meal replacers and has a better quality diet. I was especially disappointed that someone at Legacy House did not take control of her nutrition and contact us to discuss the matter so that we could come up with a solution. We as her children did not know the extent of her meal refusal, and eating every 24 hours is probably not a good plan for an elderly woman. No one called us to tell us it was happening. The staff should have been proactive in addressing this issue. Since my mother has lived with me her health has improved. Shame on Legacy House for not addressing this issue at ALL, let alone appropriately.

Taking Good Care Of Mom

My mother is still adjusting with her move into the community, but I do feel it is a good fit for her. The place is very clean and well-kept. The staff is great and very friendly to her, they even know her by name when they see her. The food is good and they give you a variety of choices to chose from. I do feel they are taking very good care of my mother and I would recommend this community.

Nice

People are friendly, and the residents seemed happy. Building is clean and they offer extra care for Dementia residents.

The more we do for ourselves, the healthier we are and the better we feel. Nevertheless, there comes a time when we all could use some help with basic activities like dressing, bathing, grooming, or taking medications. Providing just the right amount of help is what we do best at Logan House Assisted Living. We recognize that no two individuals are alike. That’s why we access each individual before they come to our house. We ask what kind of help is needed and we design a service plan to meet those needs and wants. We know that your circumstances may change after you move in. That’s why we offer different levels of care to meet your needs.

You have the choice of several different private apartments that can be decorated and furnished as you like. Bring your own bed, chair, and other furniture. We want you to feel like you’re truly at home. Our apartments come with a housekeeper, a chef, a maintenance person, a recreational director, a nurse, and a personal assistant, all of whom are dedicated to serving you. We hope that as you look at your options, you will choose Logan House as your new home.