Laylor Care Home for the Elderly - Antioch, CA

Review of Laylor Care Home

It is really tough to find a place to call home for a senior parent with dementia but I feel that Laylor is good for my mom, [Name removed], the owner/manager/caregiver nurse is someone my family really appreciates. She keeps the sunny and spacious house very clean, safe and comfortable for the residents (3-5), [Name removed] is fastidious about my mom's cleanliness, medications and diet. LH has a backyard and a friendly service dog.

Very clean home & care is excellent.

Review of Laylor Care Home For The Elderly - Antioch, CA

My wife was there for a month. The facility is very clean and organized, there is a concerted effort to meet the needs of new patients. At one point my wife had to go to the emergency room due to lung congestion issue. She ended up being in the hospital for a week. [Removed] went beyond expetations with the care for my wife. She went to the hospital, bathed my wife, put lotion on her body and made sure the hospital staff was doing the right thing. My wife felt so positive about the experience that when she finally left Laylor Care she asked me to be sure to get some roses for [removed] in thanks for the great care.

aylor Residential Care is by far the most dedicated and warm home with a sincere commitment to the preservation and well being of the human spirit. In rating this home it has earned 5 stars. I have been a registered nurse for 30 years and 20 years working in public health and was impressed by the administrator in her level of expertise in the nursing profession.
My dad, being independent, met with an unfortunate accident that rendered him a partial quadriplegic. My primary concern was making sure my dad receive the best care to address his now long term need in which he would require total assistance. I screened a few facilities, however the level of care required would be met with challenges for both my dad and the caregivers. It was by chance that I interviewed Sharon Clarke the administrator of Laylor home who is also a practicing registered nurse. I was impressed when I walked in. This place felt like a bed and breakfast rather than a care home for the elderly. The décor was tastefully done, no odors with attention to detail. Sharon assured me that her program is tailored to the need and preferences of each resident with an expectation that her staff strives for perfection maintaining a level of excellence. My dad required frequent trips to the hospital and Sharon made sure that a caregiver was at his bedside throughout the day and evening to address his need. At one instance during my dads hospital stay, my sister and I witnessed Sharon, the administrator actually flossing my fathers teeth, I have never seen such care in all my years of nursing. I did think that this was too good to be true but when I heard my dad expressed, Im being treated like a king I knew that he had peace of mind. I rest with the assurance that no matter where I am, that my dad is well taken care of.

THIS is where my mother was meant to live

When my mother fell and broke her shoulder, it became clear that she should not be living alone. She needed assistance...and perhaps more than she would admit to. Since I live in Chicago, finding her a new place to live that I was also comfortable with long distance, was a real challenge! When my mother was in rehab, I went to CA, and was fortunate to meet Sharon my last night there. We immediately hit it off. After talking to Sharon for while, and touring her beautiful home, I was sure that THIS is where my mother was meant to live! There are the bedrooms for resident sleep in, but also plenty of space for them to entertain guests or have a little private time. They are NOT all cramped in together like in some places. A few months later, I went for an extended visit, and was able to see the daily goings-on at Laylor Care Home. I could not have placed my mother in a better place. It is so clean, so bright, so CARING....this is exactly perfect for her. The residents all have a personal relationship with Sharon and the people that come in and out for various therapies each day. Sharon is amazingly tuned in to each resident's personality, and takes care to make sure that each resident gets the thing that they need...whether that is a macaroon for the sweet-tooth in the group, or a personal outing for a haircut, each resident there is treated with respect and love. This home could not have a more appropriate name...it is, in every sense of the word...a CARE home. If you are in search of a place for your own family member, please start here. You will save yourself the months of looking at unsuitable places that I went through! No other residential care facility measures up once you raise the bar as far as Sharon has done....

Maria Aseron

My Mom has a challenging set of care needs at her advanced age. These needs recently went beyond what can be handled in apartment style assisted living. So we found Laylor Care Home thanks to references that knew both my Mom and the Laylor staff. Laylor has exceeded the glowing references we got. All of my Mom's care needs are taken care of in a very complete and sensitive way. Additionally, Laylor makes sure my Mom's days are filled with her interests. For example, she is an avid reader, so they are making sure she has enough books and taking her to the library. Laylor's close knit family style atmosphere suits my Mom's personality very well. My Mom's morale has improved tremendously. To summarize, thanks to the Laylor staff, my Mom is thriving! despite all her health challenges at her advanced age.

Our wonderful experience with Laylor Care Home, Antioch

We are so impressed with the care given to our mother at Laylor Care. It is a warm, nurturing home, so different from the institutional settings that we saw when we toured facilities in the Brentwood/Antioch area. The staff is caring and well-trained, and the owner lives there. They take Mom for outings every day. It is a wonderful environment, and we feel happy that Mom is there.

Our Mission

We aim to provide our residents with an elegant home environment conducive to their health and well-being. A customized plan of care will be devised in conjunction with the client, family, and medical providers. This combination of atmosphere and care enables our residents to enjoy and sustain an excellent quality of life.

About Laylor Care Home

Thank you for your interest in Laylor Care Home for the elderly located in Antioch, California. Our community is licensed by the Department of Social Services, nestled between Contra Loma and Black Diamond Regional Parks near the golf course.

About the Administrator

I have a bachelor degree in Nursing and specialized in geriatric care. My background have been in Acute care, cardiology, oncology, hospice care, home care, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, dementia care emphasizing on immediate to long-term-care, and case management for the elderly population.

Throughout my career as a registered nurse and case manager, I have utilized the nursing process to provide care for each and every client. The overall goal is to ensure that each client live a full and rich life by providing an environment “conducive to health” through independence and support.

Our Facility

Laylor Care Home is located in a large, newer home in an upscale neighborhood, located between Contra Loma and Black Diamond Regional Parks near the golf course in Antioch, California.

Our beautiful facilities have private bedrooms as well as shared bedrooms, some with fireplaces and doors to the outdoor area, large indoor public areas and a beautiful outdoor garden and patio.

Laylor Care Home for the Elderly is a beautifully furnished, top of the line home that strives to give superior, comfortable and secure care for its occupants.

Our well trained caretakers help make certain that our residents have the quality care and comfortable living climate they so richly deserve.

Laylor Care Home for the Elderly is here to serve both you and your loved one.

Our Services

Laylor Care Home provides a home-like family-styled living environment with fundamental assistance with the everyday needs of life. We provide home care services for elderly, such as bathing, grooming, medication management and monitoring, transportation, quality of life services, and companionship. Care needs are based on an assessment of your loved one.

Some of the services we offer are listed below:

•Adult day services, residential care, respite care.
•Short term care.
•On and off site devotional services and activities.
•Wheel chair access in and outside of the community
•Specialized meals including diabetic, cardiac, vegetarian, religious.
•Pets welcome (limitations may apply)
•Awake staff
•Diabetic, cognitive impairments (per regulation), incontinent care, non-ambulatory care
•Aging in place care, medication management service.
•Private and shared rooms available
Postoperative care following cosmetic and reconstructive services

After a nursing assessment and evaluation is conducted for each client, a plan of care is developed. Frequent reevaluations and amendments are made as needed to the plan of care in conjunction with the client, family, and all medical providers to ensure that each resident receive the care he or she deserves in the appropriate setting.

For more information, take a look at our website: http://layloreldercare.com