Quality

My dad has been living at Lantern Crest for the last 3 months and we could not be any happier. He lived in different communities (3 different communities) before and Lantern Crest has been the best out of all of them. I understand Lantern Crest had difficulties with different management companies before but I can assure you all the staff members at Lantern Crest right now are best of the best. All the staff members are caring, passionate and very kind. [name removed] is great with activities and [name removed] is very helpful when my dad needs any maintenance/repair work. My dad is at the Ridge building of the Lantern Crest Community. He lives in the assisted living section. Lantern Crest offers Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living. They have studio, 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom apartments. My dad gets a weekly housekeeping service. [name removed] is the best housekeeper, she does so much more than just vacuuming my dad’s room. She washes his linens, cleans out the entire apartment, even leaves a piece of candy on the kitchen countertop for my dad. The dining room at Lantern Crest is open from 7.30 am to 7 pm. The food is delicious and they have variety of choices every day. Lantern Crest also does great events: Memorial Day BBQ was so much fun for my dad yesterday and it was a great day for his grandchildren also. I highly recommend Lantern Crest Senior Living. My dad could not be happier.

Right place for my grandparents.. Highly recommended

My grandparents have been living in Lantern Crest community for the last three years. They have been very happy with almost everything. All the staff members are very kind and friendly. Food is amazing. Sunday brunches are the best in town. There are quite bit of activities going on everyday. I have a Lantern Crest app on my phone where I get notifications and photos whenever my grandparents participate in activities.

highly recommended

My aunt stayed in this retirement community and she loved every aspect of it.
They had daily events from movies to cooking classes which she really enjoyed.
The facility is absolutely amazing. Just like a 5 star hotel.
Staff is very friendly and everyone is always smiling. They are available day and night for every needs of residents. They offer independent living, assisted living, memory care programs. Residents can choose to stay in villas, suites, 2 bedrooms, 1 bedroom or studios.
The facility has rooftops with lounge areas, BBQ, tables and amazing views. There are pools, golf fields, restaurants, gaming places and even movie theaters.

Not recommended

Now that my family member is no longer at this facility, I feel more comfortable leaving a review. The other residents are friendly and great but we had issues with the care staff on the assisted living side. I was told a few times I want allowed to go into my mom's room for unknown reasons. When addressing this with management, I received no response back. Overall it is not worth what we paid for. Especially when I realised they were charging me for accommodations that my mom was not getting.

Seems Good So far

My dad is doing good so far. It seems like a clean facility. The staff have been helpful but told me they will be charging to pick my dad up if he falls. He is happy to be taken to places like church. At times when the grandchildren visit the staff seem to not be happy. The grandchildren are discouraged at times. The meals have gotten better, it use to be cold due to not having a cook. My dad is getting better but recently I had to come to the community to pick him up and put him back in bed.

Delightful Living!!

My love one is really enjoying the food and the dinning experience with this community. The staff have been wonderful at keeping me informed with changes and updates with my mom. There was a slight problem with communication in the beginning, but the staff is excellent at problem solving and it was fixed right away .

High on the list. Since it is fairly new, the facility is quite high end. My tour was very informative and a great experience. Anxious to take my mother on the tour.

Mom loves her new place at Lantern Crest. The residents and employees are very welcoming and friendly. The food is great and everything is new and clean.

An Elegant, Comfortable Community

The property at Lantern Crest is beautiful. My Dad felt immediately comfortable when he walked into the Ridge. He liked the elegant furnishings and hues of deep reds and browns. The Ridge is smaller than the Point and felt homier to him. Everyone we met on the staff has a ready smile and friendly Hello. There is a strong sense of caring and concern for all of its residents. I like that they offer a monthly residents & staff meeting to ensure that all issues are addressed and residents are kept informed. They have an extensive list of activities everyday for the residents and Dad is still figuring out what appeals to him. There is a shuttle that will take residents on planned excursions or when a resident needs a ride somewhere and the transportation is not otherwise busy. I am quite happy that Lantern Crest has a competent staff to oversee Dad's medications day-to-day as that was causing him much stress. Lantern Crest was one of the more expensive assisted living communities we visited but so far, it has been well worth it.

She is very happy there

She is very happy there at Lantern Crest. So far we are having a good experience there. We do not have any complaints or immediate concerns with the facility or the staff there. Thank you.

Nursing Care

The nursing care could be a little better for some. My mom has been here for about two months now, and she's OK.

Absolutely Terrific

Our experience with the Lantern Crest was absolutely terrific. It was really great. The only thing that I think might need a little tweaking is the food. It is pretty tasteless. Other than that, we love it.

The Place for Us

We knew when we walked in the front doors that we had found our new home! After a tour of the facility, talking to residents, eating in the dining room and spending time with our guide we ask ourselves "what's not to like about Lantern Crest" --- we could find nothing. We are looking forward to moving to our new home.

Very nice and friendly place. Accommodations and activity areas are warm and inviting. The floor plan on each level is well thought out. I was very impressed. It is also in a nice location.

Very friendly. Nice 1 bedroom apt. Good prices. Nice dining. You have the options. Folks can stay together in all areas. Lots of activities. Made Mom smile.

It's clean, and the staff is friendly. It's been okay.

It's been okay. The food doesn't seem be very good, she has lost some weight since she has been there, though she hasn't had any specific complaints. Communication has been difficult, I don't really get responses to my emails. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. The reason I chose them is because they accept dogs.

We were sent to the new building Lantern Crest II. Met with Amanda, who is great
person, greatly helpful. Took the tour, My Friend Elaine Campbell was very impressed by the facility. She originally saw it was an apartment complex and wanted to abort the whole idea. I told her, you are the one looking for your next step in life...so checkout all your options. After seeing everything and having lunch...she said "this is the place I'd like to be in." Elaine's husband is very ill, but wishes to remain in his home. So when he passes, she will sell her home and move to the new facility.

Very Nice Community

Lantern Crest has been a great place for my dad. My dad has recently moved in to Lantern Crest, and we are so happy to make the decision to move him over here. They have great staff members and directors. Kaan, especially has been very helpful. On the first day of the move-in, he personally came into my dad’s room to introduce himself and welcomed my father to the community. Fixed wobbly refrigerator and answered all of our questions. All staff members are very kind and caring. Caregivers, activities, servers etc. I would definitely recommend Lantern Crest to whoever looking for a beautiful place to live.

It was nice, and it's somewhere we would consider choosing.

I toured here when I was looking for options. It was nice, and it's somewhere we would consider choosing. My loved one is not ready to move though, and doesn't seem to like anything. This was clean and the staff was friendly. I liked it.

My mom has been living at Lantern Crest for the last 4 months and she truly enjoys it. I go there to visit her at least twice a month and grab a bite to eat usually. Delicious food and very friendly staff. Diane at the front desk is unbelievable. She also runs “Memories in Making” program which residents and family members are big fan of. I am glad we chose Lantern Crest.

I am a volunteer at Lantern Crest and truly enjoy it. The food is absolutely delicious and the staff truly care about the residents. I would definitely recommend Lantern Crest if you are looking for a place that has all the amenities one could ever want! Lantern Crest is beautiful!

Lantern Crest is a wonderful community

I am a volunteer at Lantern Crest and truly enjoy it. The food is absolutely delicious and the staff truly care about the residents. I would definitely recommend Lantern Crest if you are looking for a place that has all the amenities one could ever want! Lantern Crest is beautiful.

This community stands out from the rest. They provide superior personalized care and are focused on total customer satisfaction. Thank you Lantern Crest...

Very nice place, so far!

We've only been here a short time, and the community is new, but so far things seem to be going very well at Lantern Crest! It's a very nice looking, clean, well kept community, and the people are very friendly. They are still ironing out a lot of the details and getting things running smoothly, but I feel like they are headed in the right direction!

View from the inside

Having worked here at Lantern Crest for 4 months now, I feel it is time that I can give an honest review. I want to be right up front that I do work on the Marketing team, but that doesn't mean one should discount my review. I've been in the senior care field for going on 16 years, both in Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing settings. In this time, I've worked in some not so great places, and some stellar places, as far as quality of care are concerned. I care deeply for seniors and feel a calling to work in this field. In that calling, I also want to share that I would not be able to represent a community, if I did not feel that the care was up to or above standard. Although we are not perfect, we are a growing newer community that strives for excellence every day and we aim to always make each day and month, better than the one before. The care and dedication of the majority of the team members who work at Lantern Crest are not only above average, but I believe exemplary. It is without hesitation that I say that I would love to have my own grandparents here and would feel every bit of confidence in their care and the service they would receive at Lantern Crest.

Having worked in customer service and specifically Senior Care for many years, I also realize that no community is without issues and that it is very challenging to keep everyone happy, all the time. I've read through the other reviews of Lantern Crest here on Yelp and cannot deny that there are mixed reviews. There are some very positive reviews and sadly, there are some not so positive. Keep in mind, those who have a less than positive experience are always very vocal and need to be heard. Also, know when reading these reviews that the leadership team has made great efforts to step up and take responsibility when we have fallen short. I know that the majority of the Lantern Crest staff care deeply for our residents and are happy to go the extra mile to make Lantern Crest a place to call home and a place we can all be proud of.

Also remember that Lantern Crest ha many very happy residents and families who would be glad to talk with you when you visit or come for a tour. We encourage those families to join us in sharing their experiences with other families, and ask them to speak freely, if approached.

Overall, I am honored to work with such a dedicated group of people. From the Executive Director, to the Resident Services Directors, to the caregiving, dietary, housekeeping, and maintenance staff, there is something truly special here. I have also never worked in a cleaner, more nicely up kept community. It is with great honor that I can say what a special place Lantern Crest truly is and with humility that I say we will continue to grow to be an even better place.

Not for anyone needing memory care

My husband had dementia and was a wanderer. They assured me that they had many residents in the memory care unit that were the same and they were very familiar with taking care of these patients. I had our own caregivers go over during the day to make sure he was okay. Even so, he fell at night and was hospitalized three times and suffered broken ribs and a cracked tailbone. When one of the caregivers arrived one day, he was found wandering in a different section outside of the memory care unit and did not have his pants on. This is a lovely place but not for anyone that needs real care. The turnover of employees is phenomenal. Each person that I spoke with prior to his stay was gone the next time I was there. So no one is ever accountable for any promises or assurances.

They are pretty wonderful.

They are pretty wonderful. There are a few little issues, they don't have a doctor or a nurse on site. They can't even take blood pressure, or something relatively minor. The care has been good and the facility has been wonderful. The staff are wonderful and are very kind to the residents, and even to us. He is quite happy and really is happy with the staff. He loves the food and we have tried it and the food really is excellent. The ADL's have a point system, and that can get pricey if you have a lot of medications, or assistance that is needed.

It’s too expensive for what you get

I would let families know that the activities that are listed on the calendar are not well coordinated or organized. It’s too expensive for what you get. I did try the food . it was okay. At the beginning it seemed like there were more choices, but the same meal kept getting repeated, even in the same day.

Really pretty nice new faci...

Really pretty nice new facility. Would be a good fit for my mother in law. Only negative I could find is a long wait list for a single bedroom apt and the outdoor area was pretty small.

We Love Everything About It!

We're just amazingly happy over the whole thing! There is nothing not to like about it! We like everything. They've just been fantastic. They're in constant communication with you. It's just been great. There are tons of activities. They go to the park, balboa park, picnics, the beach, they go to museums, shopping outings, whatever - tons of stuff. The food is terrific! We went there and all of us fell in love with it so we didn't even have to look anywhere else.

$1500 dep to freeze rent 2 years or r...

$1500 dep to freeze rent 2 years or rfnd before April 2012 by calling the director. Mailed ck 12/15/11. Annl rent inc. 2-1/2% to 4-1/2%. Memory Care per CA law? Respite avail. $4800+ addit'l needs. We pay phone, Beauty shop. Frig ok in room. Progressive care. Trans mileage ???. Rooms unlocked. Staff call device in rooms. Mom keeps cash or billed monthly.

When searching for the right fit, when it comes to senior assisted living, there is no better choice in Santee, California, than Lantern Crest. This center adheres to only the best in personal care, having numerous programs and amenities for your loved ones to enjoy during their stay. From walking trails to an arts and crafts room, Lantern Crest is certainly a very well rounded place for anyone wishing to make it their home. A bistro and ice cream parlor are also on site, offering only the most delicious of cuisine. Cable television, private baths, and housekeeping, are only a few of the benefits of residency. A beauty and barber shop is also nearby, for those who do not wish to travel far for their grooming needs. Along with these, a game room exists for elderly resident's entertainment, as well as a spacious coffee lounge. A dog park and personal car garages are currently in planning. With these additions, along with what is already offered, Lantern Crest has an impeccable feeling of home. There are other Lantern Crest locations to choose from, including one in Illinois and one in Alabama. These separate centers offer some specialty amenities, not available in the California location. In the Alabama senior living center, the elderly can enjoy a personal patio available in some rooms. Things like kitchenettes, three meals per day, and all day assistance with daily living, are also available in the Alabama Lantern Crest location. In the Illinois Lantern Crest, full sized kitchens and personal washers and dryers are even available for use.