Landing At Behrman Place - New Orleans, LA

Great place - the apartments are very nice and include a large size bathroom with a cut out for the tub for easy access which would be very handy for my mom

[Removed] is fantastic and we couldn't have done it without her. Thank you so much!

They Were Far

I stayed here and it was alright. I thought they were too far and decided to move more close to my family.

5+ Rating!

5+ Rating is what I would give Landing At Behrman Place. I would want to live there myself. The day we walked in I knew it was the right place for my brother. They were so accommodating and worked with us on the financing. The staff was very friendly and caring. The atmosphere was so warm and inviting. It had a clean and comfortable feel about the environment. It was like a luxury hotel setting. The food was excellent. It was served restaurant style where there was a menu, and a salad bar, in a beautiful dining area. They offered a variety of activities for the residents to participate in. His son wanted him to live close to where he lived so he moved out and they prorated for only the time he was actually living there. The management was amazing. We've seen other communities and how they work, and there is no comparison. If my brother gets to come back and live close to us we are definitely going back to Landing at Behrman Place. I also want to say a big thank you to our Senior Advisor at A Place For Mom,[Removed] who worked with us and checked in with us all of the time and provided us with information to make sure we found the right place for my brother.

Mother In Good Hands

My mother is well here in this community. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. The experience has been good one. I do feel she is safe. and in good hands. The staff is wonderful, and have great to work with. They provide nice meals, and good activities. I would recommend this community.

Best Thing We Have Ever Done

My mother is such a happy camper here. She is still so independent that this community is perfect for her. Prior to her moving her, she knew quite a few people but since moving in she has made more friends. She loves the activities and the social events anything that is going on. She loves the good it is great.The staff is friendly and helpful when asked. My mom still drives so there is ample parking for residents and visitors. Everything is great no complaints we are just very thankful.

Enjoying my stay!

I am having a great experience at The Landing! The grounds are well maintained and the staff is very friendly. Though I don't participate in too many of the activities, there are plenty that are offered. My primary concern is that certain appliances are currently failing to work, but the staff have been receptive to my concerns. Overall great place!

Restoring life!

The Landing at Behrman is a wonderful place for my elderly mother to live. She can barely walk and really needed a place where there was someone around in case she needed something, or in case she fell. She was living in a pretty old, unkept house, which was literally falling apart around her. She is also a sever hoarded. Her house needed to be cleaned in order for her to have a passageway to walk from room to room with her walker, because she was falling more and more and hurting herself. A Place for Mom got me connected with the most helpful, understanding people. My mother has now been living at The Landing for about 6 weeks. She loves it. She has met so many new friends. She's not alone and getting out of her apartment to take part in activities each day and eat in the dining room each day has helped her mobility some. God's has blessed us indeed. Thanks "A Place for Mom" and "The Landing at Behrman Place." You have changed our family's lives!

Mom does not want to go across the River did not consider

Good Enough for my Mother

Everything is working out very well for my mother since her move to this community. It is a very pleasant community, with caring people. They are taking good care of her and her needs. When I visit the community is nice and clean, and her room is well maintained. She is starting to get involved in the community with the activities they have. I know she is in a good place overall.

Very, very rude!

Me and my wife went in here to take our tour and immediately left. We got to the receptionist and told her we were here for the tour she rudely told us to sit and wait. Then my wife went back up there and she was rude again. We walked out right then and there. I figured if they were going to be rude like that just for a tour I do not want to find out what they are going to do to us if we lived there.

Transition to Landing made easy by staff.

The staff at the Landing were and still are wonderful to work with in moving in my brother. The only comment I have about the food is that it is excellent. Although the comp meal we had when visiting has never been repeated. The meals have been much simpler. It is hopeful they will offer more meals like that. The building is beautiful and they have many services like a barber.

The Landing was the best choice!

We are very happy that we chose the community The Landing at Behrman Place! It has been a transition for my loved one and the staff have been very helpful with the move. Everyone is very friendly and courteous. The community is very well kept and updated throughout. They offer a variety of options for meals and our loved one is loving the food.

Satisfied with the care!

My mother is doing very well at the Landing At Behrman Place. The staff are very helpful and have been very easy to work with. They do a wonderful job keeping the family updated with care. The Landing is kept very well and is clean throughout.

I'am Happy Here

It has been a fine experience for me here at this community. I'am really enjoying my time here, everything has worked out well. The staff is great, they are willing to help me whenever I need some help. The community looks great, everything is very well maintained and looks great. There are many activities offered through out the day. The meals are nice, I enjoy the food. Overall I'am satisfied with my move here and I would recommend it.

I Am Happy With The Community

This is a wonderful community with good care, I am happy with them. Everyone is friendly and accommodating. My mom likes the meals and gets plenty to eat. The staff seem to do a good job keeping the community clean and stay on top of things. All has been going well for us.

Landing At Behrman Place is a nice community!!!

I enjoy living at this community. The staff are easy to get along with and very helpful. The food is good and they offer healthy choices. I have not yet been able to participate in any of the activities offered. This community gets my recommendation.

It's far beyond what I was hoping for.

It's beautiful and wonderful. It's far beyond what I was hoping for. The menu is outstanding and the people are so friendly. We had a problem with a door, and they had it fixed in 3 hours. It took her like 6 months to acclimate to her old place, here it took about 3 days. We have even recommended The Landing to a friend and now they are moving here too.

Landing is a great retirement community

I have been here for 4 weeks now and I feel I am living in a resort........the staff is so friendly and helpful. the food is fantastic......so much to do here........my apartment is great......in the process of setting it up........don't need a car as they have a bus to take u shopping and to doctor appts.......great place to live.......

Easy process to get in there.

Things are going well since my father moved to Landing at Behrman Place. It was an easy process to get him in there. He is adjusting well. The staff are polite. He enjoys the food.

It's very nice.

It's very nice. It took a while but I'm getting used to it. The people are very friendly. They have a lovely cafeteria upstairs. They will bring your meals to you for a small fee. The food is delicious, it's one of the best things about the place. I love that they accept pets, and we really liked the atmosphere here, it's upbeat and friendly.

Great staff and friendly residents

They really try to make sure they give a lot of individual attention to each person who lives here. The apartments are nice with lots of amenities. This is a very nice place for assisted living with a great staff and friendly residents.

Making Friends was Easy

My aunt is still trying to adjust. I think that we are getting a good value, but she probably doesn't. From what I have seen, and we've been there quite a few times, the food is good. The thing is that she doesn't want to wake up and go to breakfast and doesn't eat lunch or dinner either. The rent covers all the food but she's still buying all her own food, so she's wasting money. She just makes it hard. It's not the Landing's fault. Everyone has their own apartment. with a refrigerator and sink, and you can bring your own microwave or even a hot plate. They come in once a week and strip the bed and put the clean sheets on and mop and clean the bathroom. You have to do your own laundry, but its free. My aunt already knew a bunch of people there, so the choice was easy for her.

Sunshine

It is great to hear your aunt has been able to make friends so easily at The Landing. Hopefully she has started to take full advantage of the dining room, not only for the daily chef-prepared meals, but also for the social opportunity. Please let us know there is anything else we can do to help your aunt have the best experience possible as a resident.

R loved her. The studio with n...

R loved her. The studio with no balcony she felt very claustrophobic in. They fed her well. She did notice not many people participated but she did not stay in her room. She would sit where there were people.

Great fit for dad

My father's very happy there, they're very friendly, they have really worked hard with him. They're very attentive to his needs and I think they go above and beyond what they have to to see that he participates in activities and things of that nature, we were very pleased with that. He loves the activities and he's making friends. The cost is great and we have no problems with that either.
We went out and we had visited a few places but we that this one would meet our needs: it's a bigger place and I think there was a lot more going on that he would be able to do.

Sunshine

We can not thank you enough for your review. We treat each resident at The Landing as family, and we are happy you were able to experience this firsthand. You can be assured you made the right decision moving your father here, and if ever you need anything, please let us know.

Encourage them to be active

The problem with this community is the long time residents; they are very snippy and fussy. They are very possessive about who sits where and things like that. Our loved one doesn't feel very welcomed by them. The community itself is great. It meets their needs and is a very nice community. They try to keep the residents active and encourage them to be active and interact with other rather then stay in their room. It keeps them living. I would recommend this community to anyone.

My dad really likes it

I think Landing at Behrman Place is great. My dad just moved in and he really likes it there. It's independent living so I can't comment on the care services but I think it's got a good value for sure. They're always doing something and my dad said he likes the food. He's enjoying himself.

Sunshine

We are so glad your Dad is enjoying himself at our community. Thank you for sharing his experience.

Love The Landing!

The transition from living at home independently to an assisted living facility can be a rough time for a senior. Add to that the loss of a spouse and it becomes even more difficult. When we visited the Landing for my father-in-law our immediate impression was warm, friendly and welcoming. The staff interacts with the residents as if they are all one big happy family. The same staff members are at the facility as the day he moved in, which is so important for a senior to have the same people to interact with, because they know what the resident likes and can detect when the resident is not having a good day. The facility itself is impeccably decorated, and maintained. The meals are as if you were dining on a cruise ship, and there are activities for the residents to participate in. As you can tell I cannot say enough about the Landing, but I will add that when he moved in he was struggling with all the recent changes and loss in his life, and the staff starting with management took the time to embrace him and work through the huge adjustment and sense of loss he was experiencing.

Sunshine

At The Landing, we take great pride in our caring staff, as well as the services and amenities we provide our residents. We are so happy to hear your father-in-law is enjoying himself and that you have taken the time to share this with us.

Loved it, the staff, the residents, t...

Loved it, the staff, the residents, the atmosphere. My 93 year young mother now has a community/home that she can enjoy these twilight moments in her life. She moved in today.

Sunshine

We are glad you and your mother have been able to experience our warm and caring community here in New Orleans. Our dedicated staff is available 24/7 to assist each residents and provide you with the peace of mind your loved one is safe. Please let us know if there is anything we can ever do to improve yours or your mothers expectations.

The Landing offers the best opportuni...

The Landing offers the best opportunity for my mom in my opinion.

Sunshine

We are happy to hear this! Thanks for sharing.

The Landing at Behrman Place is an affordable all-inclusive independent retirement community, located in the West Bank, just minutes from shops, restaurants and hospitals. As a Sunshine Retirement Living Community, we offer a variety of amenities to simplify your life, including three chef-prepared meals daily, on-site beauty salon, fun daily activities and free transportation, so you can all enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow!

At The Landing at Behrman Place, we believe you deserve to enjoy a carefree lifestyle surrounded by warm and caring managers, staff and residents. We pride ourselves on offering you choices that allow you to live your life the way you want. It’s a simple concept that means you can take control of your time, find comfort in your surroundings, and be part of a community of friends and neighbors.

In addition to the beautiful grounds, including a porch with rocking chairs and gazebo for BBQs, the residents of the Landing at Behrman Place enjoy many amenities in a comfortable setting, such as: *Chef-Prepared Meals: Savor three delicious home-cooked meals, served at your table in our dining room.

*Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including: Games, Exercise, Wii Bowling, Bingo, Movies, and much more!

*Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor’s appointments and other scheduled activities and events!

*Weekly Housekeeping Service: Relax as your personal housekeeper cleans your apartment weekly, including vacuuming, light dusting and brings you toilet tissue weekly.

*Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our mangers live here too. Each apartment has an emergency communication system and we have security round the clock.

We would love the opportunity to show you around our beautiful community. Please contact us to schedule a visit and join us for lunch!