Landers & Landers Home For The Aged, Inc. - Bloomfield Hills, MI

Great

Clean and a great community. Five starts.

Nichole Landers

My family member has done really well here and I appreciate this facility.

Thanks for the comment

Nichole Landers

Thanks that other families are okay with the services given for their love ones.

Nightmare on Hickory Bark Lane

I was referred by a consultant named Paul who lived in the area. I was called immediately by the owner Nicole Landers less than 5 minutes after I spoke with Paul. She was very pleasant to speak with, and said that they were equipped with caring for residents with all levels of medical needs. After speaking with her 15 minutes she immediately called the Veterans hospital in which she spoke to my father's social worker. She told his social worker that they would be there the next day at noon to pick him up. Upon her calling me back and my father's social worker that she wanted to accept my father as a resident, I set-up a time for later in the day to visit her home. Upon arriving at her home it was extremely clean, and fragrant. I sat and spoke with her, and her husband who are the only employees at their home for three hours, and went into detail concerning my father's medical history.... including the fact that my father is suffering from vascular dementia, in a state of confusion, and can become combative. Mrs. Landers assured us that they are trained to care for residents on all levels of care including combativeness. I asked her about payment, and she said that the rent is neigotiable according to the residents income. By my father being a veteran she agreed to $1511 until his veterans claim come through which would then increase to $3000 per month, and we would then settle his back balance once his claim is awarded. They accepted my dad as a resident on Friday June 20th, and by 7pm he needed to be transferred back to emergency because he was unresponsive. After being medically cleared Nicole Landers spoke with the hospital social worker, and informed them to transfer my father back to her home. As soon as she got through speaking with the social worker, Nicole Landers text me at 11:30pm at night with the statement "$570 is due Now" while I was still in the emergency room with my father. I couldn't believe this woman was texting me such a message in the middle of a crisis, and we had not even signed a contact with her concerning payment arrangements. I called her, and this woman's demeanor had totally changed and, she was extremely nasty about payment. After speaking for 5 minutes she agreed that she had not communicated to me that she expected payment immediately upon discharging my father in her care. My father went to a day program from her home on Saturday 21st from 9am-6pm. All their residents are made to attend a free day program 6 days a week from 9am-6pm, and are fed all three meals there. So basically they only sleep there, and their home is not equipped to care for residents who suffer from any condition medically that comes with age. Their home is set-up to care for adult residents who are not capible of caring for themselves with No medical ailments. They can house 6 residents, and I waited around to see the other residents who all seemed to be a little mentally challenged, were mobile, and had little to No medical issues that they need assistance with. When I informed her that Paul from "A Place For Mom" called, she asked me to tell him that I decided to take my father else where because they did not want to pay the finders fee of two months rent. One of the residents that returned from the day program wet himself, and the owners complained that they were not going to tolerate him pulling his condom catheter off, and was giving the family a 30 day notice. My father became confused, and combative which is what people with dementia will do at times, the Landers called the police, and the owner Nicole Landers had him petitioned to the psychiatric ward at the Veterans Hospital. When I got there she told me that my dad had struck her, but that is typical behavior for dementia patients. I apologized repeatedly because I do not want my father to injure health care workers. She went on to say that once they stabalized him at the hospital that my dad with the proper medications for his dementia would be welcomed to come back. That was Sunday evening June 22nd. My father is still in the hospital however, this morning at 6:45am June 26th Mrs.Landers sent me a text that my father would not be allowed to come back to her home and his belongings are at her front door for pick-up. After working with my father's social workers tirelessly to get my father proper treatment for his dementia, and keeping her abreast as to his condition this Mrs.Landers was not professional enough to call me for the second time concerning my father's future as a resident in her home.
This couple are in the business simply for the money, and care less for the real medical needs, and emotional concerns of their residents and their families. This couple are the only employees, they are extremely burnt out, the husband is a ticking time bomb, and they treat their residents, and their families like disposable trash. If your family member requires actual care medically this husband, and wife are definitely unequipped to care for your loved ones care. What is so scary about this couple is they discussed with my husband And I that they plan to open more homes. I know a "Place for Mom" feels that these homes give your family members better personal care, but that is the furthest thing from the truth in some instances. As one who has worked in the industry many of these homes are investments for owners who collect the rent, and hire inexperienced, lazy, and unqualified workers that do very little to care for your family needs. To have a ill parent in it's self is a crisis that takes a great deal of professional support, and when put in this type of situation in which one is referred to nightmarish owners as the Landers is a horrible incident as ours waiting to happen. These people are inexperienced, under staffed, burnt out, irrational, and appear to behave very erratically day to day. A Place For Mom please do a better job at recommending group homes, because these type of places can be a nightmare if not investigated throughly. If you are recommended to these people run as fast as you can if you care about your loved ones.

Nichole Landers

You should tell the whole story, the police was called for your Father due to his behaviors, and you did not pay at all for his stay at the home. Veterans did not make any payments for him because it was not time for them to pay on his claim. I do my job but when you have family members that like to beat the system there is nothing but report them. You miss-used your father funds and you cannot place him in different facilities to hide what you should have taken care of. We at the home will not keep no resident that is combative to staff or other residents. The Police was called and your father tried to hit you the same day. But for you to say that you do not care if he hit staff is not what needs to be said. You also called APS and told them that we abused him NOT SO we do not abuse or hit residents here at this home. I am sorry that you have a problem with me or the home. I am sorry that I was able to help you or your Father.