Lakeside Assisted Living - San Antonio, TX

My husband and I were impressed with the facility. We are looking for memory care for my mother and I especiallly liked the area provided for residents to walk in. It almost looks like a park for people to walk in.

Under Staffed Community

My father is doing okay here at this community. I do have my concerns in regarding this community. They are under staffed, they need to hire more aids. There are not enough aids to residents ratio. I don't feel the residents are not able to get the proper attention and care they need with the community being under staffed. His room has a very bad smell in it. A good thing about this community is that it is a brand new facility. There are improvements this community need to make.

Not EVER Again !!!!!!

I would not even put my ex-sister-in-law in this place ! My mother was here for rehab, taken off rehab without informing us and then moved into nursing home side without informing us. And moved into a room with someone who couldn't hear and who kept the TV up so loud we could not even speak and the person refused to lower the volume. My mothers clothes were "lost" and never found along with her personal blanket And her nice sweater which she wore constantly. She lost so much weight because the food was so bland and cold. The worker there are great but they are so overworked it took them 20-30 minutes to answer a call when my mom would need to use the restroom, which was usually too late. The working staff I would give 5 stars, the admin staff and overall facility would get -5 !! Horrible place !!

Great staff!

The community at Lakeside Assisted Living has been a great place for our loved one. The staff are providing wonderful care for my loved one. They were able to identify a care issue that our loved one needed and they proactively took care of it. The community is nicely kept and well maintained. The community is clean throughout.

Unresponsible Nurses

Terrible. The nurses are unresponsible, and need to be trained in nursing and in customer service skills. Had a very bad experience there. The facility seems clean overall. Stay away from this place! I am surprised to read all the previous comments about how friendly the nurses are. I think someone within is putting these notes because they know that the biggest problem there are the nurses.

Staff was friendly and caring and the facility was well maintained. What was unique with this facility was the cost was one price, for the room and care. This may help others determine a decision. Very nice open area outside for residents to sit and enjoy the outdoors.

I Would Recommend This Community

So far everything is working out pretty well. This is a good community, they are caring for my mother very well. They do a good with the cleanliness of the community. The staff is great, they have been helpful and welcoming. They have been responsive to concerns as well. She is trying a few activities. They serve good food, she is satisfied with the meals. We are pleased with everything they have done for us. I would recommend this facility.

Lakeside gets my recommendation!!

My dad is doing well since moving into this community. He likes the food a lot. They offer a lot of activities and the staff are good at interacting with the residents. The staff are good caregivers and they keep the community clean.

Very Impressed With This Community

I'am very impressed with this community, this is really an outstanding place. My mother is doing fantastic, she has really improved since her move to the community. The community looks great, it smells good and everything is nice and clean. The staff is amazing, they are like angels, they are taking good care of my mother. There are many activities offered, she is trying a few. She is eating well, the food is good. Her walking has improved and her memory as well. I can't say enough good things about this community.

I would do my research before moving a loved one into this community!

Mom moved into Lakeside for about 2 weeks and then she moved out. The staff there are nice but it took over month to get her moved in as there was a stain on her carpet and they had an issue trying to replace it. I think they have some organizational issues that need to be addressed. Things may have improved if she wold have stayed a little longer.

Good experience, overall!

Overall we're very pleased with how things have turned out at Lakeside Assisted Living! Things were a little rocky at the start, as when our loved one arrived they had just taken on quite a few new staff members. It took a bit for everyone to get settled in, but now things have really improved, and are going great overall! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they take great care of the people who live here!

Quality facility

I really like Lakeside for my 92 year old Dad. The facility is very clean and the caregivers try to be accomadating. The activities appear to be very appropriate for the residents. Though we had some concerns when he first moved there we found the staff willing to listen and explain the area of concern. This is an all inclusive facility so there are sometimes questions regarding care responsibilities. My dad has improved significantly since moving here and we are satisfied with his arrangements.

A place for mom

My mother told me Lakeside assisted living was very nice, clean, and helpful. We were able to move him in, in 3 days. The staff has been very helpful.

I could not have gotten everything done if it had not been for "A place for mom". They helped me find a facility to place my stepfather in, in 3 days. They found a mover, told me where and how to get a hospital bed, Helped me with a thousand small things. I was in Tennessee and my stepfather was in Texas. Yet they were so helpful I got it all done. They were awesome.

We like it.

We like it. No major complaints so far. They have been very cooperative, and attentive to her changing care needs. We were really impressed with how clean the facility was, and how they tried to keep the residents as long as they could. I also liked the overall decor, and look of the place, as well as the care, and the individualized attention.

Attentive Staff

The attentiveness of the staff members was great. They are always on the ball and respond very quickly to any questions or requests. The place is well cleaned and organized. We are please with the entire organization.

Good activities director

I have had a little trouble getting my Dad settled in, but that was because of him. They have a good activities director. It is clean and I like the staff. Dad is in Memory care. It has been difficult getting him settled in, but through no fault of the facility. We have had our ups and downs, but that is to be expected.

good experience

I cant find anything wrong with Lakeside Assisted Living. The only thing that would make it perfect is if they would come and pick me up in Georgia on their dime so I could go visit. It really has been a good experience there so far.

positive experience overall

One thing that they really need to improve is the cleanliness of the room, especially the bathroom. I have looked it through a couple of times and have found it to be unacceptable.

Other than that everything has been good. The people, the staff, and everything else about it has been very positive. Just the overall cleanliness, especially in the bathroom, needs to improve.

Home is familiar but it is the right place for well-being

My father was sure that he would not like any living situation other being at home. It is what he knew. The reality of being at home was that he was lonely without my mother who passed away two years before. He was not eating right because he was not hungry. He was not taking his medicine correctly or at all because he did not feel like it. He was not exercising to keep himself mobile. It took his caregiver (my sister) to take a vacation for him to see what else was possible. Then I found Lakeside with some research. My father could not find anything bad to say about Lakeside. He was meeting and talking to other people again. His medication was being monitored and given to him by a nurse. He liked his studio apartment with his own furniture. The staff would come for him at breakfast, lunch and dinner if he did not show up at the dining room AND the food was great. My father's general health and outlook on life has improved dramatically. I highly recommend Lakeside Assisted Living. When the time comes for me to live outside my home, this is where I want to spend my elderly years.

He wanted to go back "Home"

My husband was at Lakeside after his second stroke and stay at a hospital. I found out later he had Dementia and Parkinson as well. I still brought him home hoping for another miracle of a fast recovery. Instead he kept saying he wanted to go back home. I didn't know he meant back to Lakeside. When I realized what he meant..I took him back and after a few weeks of trying out with new medications for Parkinson and PTSD, he settled in quite nicely and really likes it there and I couldn't be more happier. The staff is wonderful. I get feedback from the CNA's every time I visit him and he always looks so well and ready for visitors no matter what time I visit him. He participates in activities as well as he can and loves the food. God Bless the Staff at Lakeside. I couldn't be more pleased...

My mother's feet were swollen and her toenails had not been trimmed for a very long time, more than a month.

Her walker was missing and was found by my brother in someone else's room.

Her laundry had not been done; no clean clothes.

Not satisfied with these situations at all.

5 Stars

The staff is wonderful and always very welcoming, my mother is well taken care of nothing needs improving.

We haven't had any major problems.

We haven't had any major problems. Any issues that have come up, have been addressed right away as soon as they are brought to their attention. I was very surprised with the quality of the food, and it looks appetizing.

Very helpful and accommodating.

I liked the way they interacted with my father and talked about his needs before he even moved in. They have been very accommodating and helpful with taking care of my father.

Brand new and a reasonable price.

We toured here, not very long ago. We liked that they had a very reasonable price of about $2500 a month. We also liked that for that price, it's basically a brand new place, everything is fresh and clean.

Everything seems to be good so far.

Everything seems to be good so far. It's very clean and the staff is very friendly. I don't get any complaints about food. I really don't have any complaints at all. After looking around at a few different places, I really feel like this was the best option.

So far we have been having good results.

So far we have been having good results. It's a nice place. It's very clean and, she gets good quality care. I am very happy with it. It's very clean. They quickly take care of any concerns that might come up. The staff is excellent.

glad we found it

Lakeside Assisted Living is a really nice facility and good place with excellent staff, especially as compared to other places we have checked out. We are really glad we found it.

very happy

I really can't think of anything they can do to improve at Lakeside Assisted Living. My mother is is very happy there, and we are very happy with them.

Very new and very nice facility. Price was just a bit more than we could afford for my mother

My experience with Lakeside Assisted ...

My experience with Lakeside Assisted Living had been fine. It's so nice having regulated meals, so you won't forget. The staff is wonderful; very helpful and accommodating. They take care of any needs you may have. They offer plenty of great activities. They keep the facility very neat. I would highly recommend Lakeside Assisted Living to others. Overall I'm very satisfied with the services, and my mother is very happy here.