Brookdale Ebenezer Road - Rock Hill, SC

The place and personnel are very nice. I liked it a lot. It may not be perfectly suitable for my wife but I liked it very much.

Still settling in

Mom is still trying to get settled at Brookdale Ebenezer Road. It has been a hard transition for her after being independent for so many years. The staff is very friendly and accommodating to make her feel more comfortable. Everyone at the community is very welcoming to our family members when we come and visit. I have not yet dined with my mom because they like to have advance notice if you want to eat with your loved one, but my brother and his wife have eaten with her and they said the food is very good. They go out of their way to provide my mom with foods that she likes to eat. They are also encouraging her to participate in physical therapy to help build up her strength. We would definitely recommend this community to friends and family.

Not The Right Fit for Us, but A Nice Community

I took a tour of this community for my father, and his needs. Everything went overall, but it was not the right for us. However the community from what I saw looked nice, and clean. The staff was informative, and my questions were answered. Everyone was friendly to my family, and I. It just wasn't the right fit for my father.

A tour for care

This is a nice community, but older that other community. The staff was nice and the staff manager was outstanding. [Removed] informed me on all the new changes that were in progress. The rooms were nice. I liked the menu of the variety of choices, the rooms. We would recommend this community

Thanks Brookdale

Great place, pleased with the friendly people, smiles, clean building. Very nice place and our loved one seems to be adjusting very well. I

My experience has been positive thus far.

This was our second choice when we were looking

This was our second choice when we were looking at options. It was between this and another Brookdale location. They were both really nice. We only chose the other Brookdale, because it was a little smaller than this one, and because the residents at the other location, were more on the same level with needs.

Haven't had a good experience so far

Our loved one has been here a few weeks, but I am already having doubts about if this facility will be a long term option. The facility itself is dark and not very cheery looking inside. Some of the staff are very good, the head nurse has been great, but in general they just feel understaffed. We've had numerous issues where the response to the pull cords in the rooms have been slow to non-existent. I witnessed a resident fall in a common area with nobody around to help, and I had to wander the halls to find an employee to go check on her. I just don't really feel like my loved one is safe here without the extra help I have hired.

They didn't really have any quality of care

They didn't really have any quality of care, she had a hard time with getting the sheet back on her bed and they would never check on her so I would see she was sleeping on a bare mattress. When I would confront them with a situation, they would make a report, but never really address the situation. It's a locked facility and she was higher functioning that most of the residents, so they should have better care. There was a high turnover of staff. Nobody with the parent company could confirm that she had been there for two years to get her VA benefits, which cost me a lot of money because no one could answer the phone.

Not really set up for memory care

This would ahve been my original first choice and at the time my father was much more independent. It's a really nice place but it's not really set up for memory care, they say it's a square but I got lost when I was walking around, I'm sure it is a square but it would take awhile to get used to. It would have been very, very nice but not for where he is at now. I knew it wasn't going to be what I was looking for, if it wasn't for memory care it would have been a 5. The assisted living is beautiful, but the memory care is really not set up for that.

very secure...nice staff...good tour...

very secure...nice staff...good tour...

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected