Lake Forest Park - Fort Pierce, FL

Nice and clean. Offers 1 bedroom suites. Facility can provide assistance with medication.

Home away from home

Our parents moved into their new home at Lake Forest in August of 2016, this year would of been 2 yrs. we lost our daddy in January of 2017 , just recently lost our mommie in May of 2018 (Mothers Day). I would like to express our graditude to [name removed] the director & the entire staff, aides & all Dining room servers, and the residents that our mommie had made such an impact in their lives. As they did hers, our mommie had made some amazing friends along with staff there that we call family. At times like this during our mommies last week of life, we kept her at her home (Lake Forest Park) where the director , all staff & friends were just truly amazing. Thanks again for caring, loving & welcoming our parents into a great community.

Unhappy Mom

My mother has lived there for over two years and she is incredibly unhappy. Biggest complaint is the food. Chicken 5 nights a week doesn’t cut it. She said there have been countless discussions with management concerning this but nothing changes. Meals are incorporated into the rent, so if they are not taken advantage of then money is being thrown away. They will not let the residents out of the meal plan.

Tanya Cruz

We would like to first thank your mother for being apart of the community for 2 years. All menus are reviewed by a registered dietician. We strive to make her dining experience pleasurable by offering to main dishes to choose from and a very extensive alternative menu as well. We would love to sit down and speak with your mother and explore her personal taste pallet to assist her in enjoying her meals.

The nightmare!

When you walk in the front doors it is very nice. It's what is beyond those doors to the memory care wing that is disgusting. The director told us she had wonderful nurses that could get the patients to take meds, and combative seniors were no problem. Her staff could handle all that. WELL so she said.NOT! The cna's did nothing. Evening shift was sitting on the couches. We had to ask for a broom to sweep the floor because of crap left. If your loved one is confused or combative they will wash their hands of them. They like the seniors that give them no trouble. I would not send my dog to Lake Forest Park!

Tanya Cruz

We apologize for your experience, it is our hope to give all residents the best care possible. All residents are at different phases in their disease process and we are very diligent in making sure if we can not meet the needs of the residents we find the best possible solution to making sure they are well cared for.

[Removed], the move-in coordinator was very friendly and helpful. We looked at the memory care area and thought that it needed to be updated (paint, furniture). Just seemed to a bit depressing. There wasn't a space to sit on comfortable furniture and watch TV or socialize. We could not picture our loved one here. However, she is at the beginning stages of needing memory care and the other residents appeared to be more advanced. The facility was clean and staff seemed to be engaged and caring.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you and we hope that your loved one is doing well.

I was hesitant about touring a community in fort pierce, however we were greeted after an unannounced tour with a smile. The smell and feel of the community was warm and inviting. My wife and I heard loud noises from upstairs and decided to be nosey, to our surprise there were smiling seniors doing excercise. We were taken by the front desk girl to a meeting area and a sales person came right away. In the middle of our conversation the director came in and greeted us and joined in. I will say I was impressed with her honest answers. We hadn't experienced that in our other tours. She had my wife in tears when she very candidly stated we are small will make mistakes but our foundation is built on family and there's nothing we can not fix or work through together. Nonetheless we moved in before the hurricane. I can't say enough great things about this place. The director was so visible during the storm, she answered all questions and calmed staff and family. She looked rough but smiled. Keep up the great work forest park.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for your review we try our best to maintain a family and calm atmosphere during hard times.

Good Choice!

Lake Forest Park is a well-kept and clean community. The staff is very friendly and caring. They provide various activities that the staff encourages the residents to participate if they are willing and able. There are no complaints regarding the food. I have dined on occasion with my brother and they offer good quantities of well-balanced meals. It is a warm and inviting atmosphere for the residents and families. Shopping trips are available. Other activities offered are various types of entertainment, music, and exercise depending on one's ability level. I would recommend Lake Forest Park.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for your review, it is our goal to continue to please in all facets of the community.

Wonderful place!

After a recent visit with my mother,who is a resident at LFP. I am very impressed with the care provided to her by some wonderful employees. They are patient,kind and very caring for her needs which I am thankful for. My mom loves the activities and recently participated in a "band concert" on the 4th of July. The Activities Director is wonderful. The Executive Director demonstrates true leadership qualities and is available to meet with families when needed. She is a very "visible" presence there. Thank you!

Tanya Cruz

Thank you so much for the kind words. We strive to have a family atmosphere and provide optimum care for all of our residents.

I really like this community for the price and the personal concern they show to their residents. The villas are wonderful, just perfect for my mother. This is on the topof my list. Don't let the ride thru Fort Pierce dicourage you s it did me at first.

Tanya Cruz

We appreciate your feedback, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your tour. We are here to serve.

Executive Director is RUDE!

Lady [Removed] is a [Removed] ignorant person. She promises and does nothing. Don't let your loved one go to this [Removed]

Sharon Estrada

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our community. I would love to talk with you more to discuss it and see where we might have some opportunity to make your experience better.

Good Community for My Mother in Law

My mother in law is doing well here at this community. She is still adjusting a little, but we know she is in in good hands. They have a good staff, and they are caring for her, and her needs very well. The only issue she has is the meals. Sometimes the food doesn't taste the best, and it could be hard for her to chew. Overall this is a nice community, and I would recommend it.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for your feedback your mother in law is a pillar at our community and respected and loved by so many of us. Thank you for trusting us with her care.

To far!

This community was pretty nice. I liked it a lot. The staff was very friendly and super nice to us. The community was clean and it seemed like a very nice place to be. My only hold back was that it was so far from me.

Tanya Cruz

We thank you for your feedback and I am very happy you visited with us. If we can ever be of any assistance to you we are a call away.

Thank you!

My father was in a horrible place mentally and physically when he first arrived to the facility. The staff has worked with him in just about every area and he has improved so much we are moving him from assisted living to independent living in a villa.

Our family lives out of state. The staff has gone above and beyond was I ever imagined or expected. I can not say enough positive about Lake Forest Park and the entire staff from office to nursing to administration to dining (which is delicious) to maintenance.

Ann,
Thank you so much for your feedback. It has been a pleasure to see your dad flourish throughout the community and become a welcoming face to all of our new residents.

Tanya

Very nice property, great staff and seems quite clean and well cared for.

Sharon Estrada

THANK YOU!! We love our community, residents, families, and staff - a happy community :)

Lake Forest Park presents as a very upbeat, cheerful friendly, caring and clean facility. The employees are well-spoken, and nice. We were interested in the Memory Care. This part of the facility is nice, small compared to the rest of the Facility and not quite as impressive. Dad has Alzheimer's -- Jayme, the tour guide said that if a patient with this disease becomes unmanageable, Lake Forest Park moves them out to another Facility. We desire to have Dad enter a Facility until death.

Dear Friend,
Thank you for your review and compliments of the community. We understand that a small memory care is a benefit and continually work towards upgrades and adding to our programming. I understand your desire to have your Dad in one community for the rest of his life, and in most cases that is the plan for our loved ones in Memory Care. We work very hard, daily, to ensure successful days for our residents but can not guarantee that a higher level of care may be needed in the future. We hope you have received all the information that is most important to you and your family and you have found a community that meets your needs, but please don't forget about us if we can be a resource in the future. Our Regional Director of Care is always available to discuss options if you'd like to speak with her, please let Tanya know and she can give you a call to discuss. Thank you again for considering Lake Forest Park.

My spouse really liked this community. Moving forward with assessment, may make another tour with mother..

Dear Friend,
We hope you have chosen to make Lake Forest Park your Mother's future home and you have had a great experience with our community.

Keep looking, this one won't do ....

First, the daily hands-on caregivers were lovely to my mother and me.

They should be running the show at Lake Forest Park in Fort Pierce, Fl.

Management: COLD as dry ice -- don't get near them.

Cleanliness: My mother's entire hallway carried the heavy stench of urine only after she moved in. Nine months later, after her fall in the facility that broke her pelvis and killed her w/in 48 hours, the stench did not invoke the dry-heaves as it did earlier. However - NOTE: The floor beneath the carpet is pitted with large holes, the kind that can really off one's balance.

FRIENDLINESS: Among the so-called professionals, the only one worth salt was fired two weeks after my mom moved in. The people who run this place have 13 mouths -- I've never heard so many lies from one small community. Tarantino fired all the people my mother put her trust in and replaced those fine people with a snake-pit of money-mongers.

VALUE: the caregivers are very kind people making poverty-level wages. My mother was promised much; given nothing.

ACTIVITIES: Well the fine activities director disappeared like the rest of the only good staffers. No one left running this place who seems to give a thought to residents. For instance: holidays celebrated midweek so residents are left alone on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter with boxed lunches.

Dear Suzanne,
We are proud of our community and staff and support their daily drive to maintain our community above the standards set within the company. We encourage feedback from residents, family members and staff. Please feel free to contact our corporate office to discuss in more detail. Thank you.

Too far away and she didn't like going to Lawnwood

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for your feedback we realize the distance plays a big part in your decision-making if there is anything at all we can do for you and your family please reach out to us directly thank you for your feedback once again.

almost totally satisfied

I am almost totally satisfied with Lake Forest Park. They are very nice. They bragged about their food though and they should not have bragged. Some meals are fine but I am there every day and look at the menu and I am not happy with it. I know it's because they cater to older people and so there is not much spice. The caretakers are very caring here.

Tanya Cruz

We appreciate your feedback.Dining is a big part of our daily activities at our community any comments or suggestions on new items to put on the menu are always welcome.thank you once again.

Best Senior Center

From the first contact through the comparison of other senior centers to the actual move in all persons concerned with Lake Forest Park were always ready to answer any and all questions and I never felt any pressure or obligation to move in. I had many concerns and a few issues which were handled promptly and completely. After my first month in my new residence I am very satisfied and could not have made a better choice. Very professional and complete attention to detail.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful feedback. We are so happy to have you a part of our community. If there is anything that I can assure you is that we are one big family. My doors are always open to you at any time. Thank you once again.

Not a safe place for seniors!!

My grandmother lives in the villas and she is so scared that she wants to move!! There is not enough lighting on the property, especially around the clubhouse, making it impossible to do anything in the evenings. [removed] No one in the "big house" seems to know what is going on out in the villa and if they do...they do not seem to care. We are looking for another place for her. Safety is our main concern.

Tanya Cruz

We apologize for any feelings of uncertainty that you may have.Please be assured that safety is our number one concern with all of our residents thank you for your feedback we always strive to do better.

Impressed with Lori Scola- very helpful, even after learning we would need medicaid assistance, which they don't take. Didn't get a tour but what we saw looked very nice.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for your feedback it is very much appreciated.

Amazing Facility

Overall the facility is a wonderful place. The rooms are big and have plenty of activities. The value is pretty reasonable and its worth the price. I would definitely recommend this place.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for such a wonderful review we look forward to helping you and your family in the future.

My mom is in the independent living villas at Lake Forest Park. We really like the community and the value for the money. The villas are 2 BR + 2 BA duplexes or triplexes with an attached one car garage. The monthly cost includes 2 meals per day at the assisted living residence, weekly housekeeping, utilities, and shuttle service to doctor's appointments and shopping. The villas also have a club house with swimming pool and an activities director.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for becoming a part of the Lake Forest Park family. We are very happy that you are pleased with our community and we welcome any feedback on improvement. Our doors are always open for you.

Great Community Living at Affordable Price

One of the best facilities for Independent Living. The residents have their own villas and still have the community feeling with a club house and pool, and at meals in the Assisted Living buildings. The grounds and atmosphere of a gated community adds to quality of life.

Tanya Cruz

Our independent living residence provide such a rich culture throughout the community that not only affect independent living residents But our assisted living residence.we are definitely one big happy family thank you for your feedback and we are always here for you.

This place is beautiful and a wonderful fit

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for your feedback we strive to keep our warm loving community up to par at all times. Our residents always come first. If we can ever help you in anyway please feel free to contact us directly.

Friendly staff, and good food!

I think they do a good job at Lake Forest Park, they certainly go out of their way to make sure everyone here is comfortable. The people are all very friendly! They also have a wonderful meal service, they serve 3 meals a day and the food is very good.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for your positive feedback we appreciate it.

Great location, wonderful food, exercise therapy keeps my mother moving

I have no complaints about the place at all. I like most the quality of the food; it is outstanding. My mother stays there, and she talks about the food all of the time. I go there 3 or 4 times a week to check on her.

They have her on therapy; they do aerobics and athletic stuff to get her moving around.

The location is perfect. It makes it easy for me to check on her often; it is only 8 minutes away from my personal residents.

The staff is very good. I'm very happy with it.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for providing a great feedback we strive daily to make sure that we can improve and make our community number one throughout the treasure coast. Welcome to our family.

Review of Lake Forest Park Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Fort Pierce, FL

What a wonderful place. After doing the tour I couldn't believe it how perfect the place was for my dad. From the atmosphere ,rooms,dining area,overall the place makes you feel like home. Kathy the director made us feel very special,thank you Kathy greatly appreciate your concern and time.

Tanya Cruz

We appreciate all the feedback that you have provided we welcome the opportunity to assist you and your family.

Everything is really good

Everything is really good, they keep it clean, and they are friendly. The only thing I can't make a good evaluation on, is the activities, my resident doesn't socialize, and won't participate, so it's hard to judge. It's a small place, so there is usually just one thing going on a day, but they do get a lot of participation. They have an excellent chef that used to work at a yacht club. He does a really good job. I really like them.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for your feedback and great comments. They are very much appreciated.

Not recommended

Their a clean looking community, but it wasn’t a good experience. My loved one ended up with a horrible rash and ended up in the hospital with blood poisoning. They said they could take care of her, but they couldn’t. I think they wanted to sell rooms and made commitments they couldn’t keep. I don’t recommend them. It was just a very bad experience.

I liked the layout and gene...

I liked the layout and general atmosphere of this community, and believe that my mom will be very happy here.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for your positive feedback please let us know if there is anything that we can do to assist you.

They're doing a good job.

So far it's fine. They're doing a good job. It's very clean under the circumstances, at times the residents put the garbage in the hallway to be collected, but they do pick it up right away. The friendliness of the staff is excellent. There is an awful a lot going on for activities. There is always something happening. We've eaten there a couple of times and I thought the food was excellent. If there was a way for them to get the residents to participate a little more, they tried to pair her up with someone but I wish there was more they could do. I had a friend whose in-laws were here and they recommended it very highly.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for your feedback. Activities and socialization is extremely important we will definitely take this input and put it to good use to increase the participation of activities.

Like the villas there but t...

Like the villas there but there isn't any available.

Tanya Cruz

Thank you for your feedback. Please check with us routinely as availability does change. We look forward to helping you in any of your future planning.

Not Much Public Space

Lake Forest was very clean and nice. It didn't have as much public space for people to socialize. It had a nice dining room but only a small central area to sit.

Tanya Cruz

We thank you so much for your feedback we strive to make daily improvements in our community.

Best visit yet!

So I have visited many senior communities lately trying to find a place for my mom and lake forest park was by far the best! Their staff was attentive and helpful and my mother was excited to move in. We even attended one of their chefs table events and tasted the fantastic food they serve every day. Mom is moving in ASAP!

Tanya Cruz

We are so happy to hear such positive feedback our chefs tables are a great way to try out our fine dining experience. Welcome to the Lake Forest Park family.

Not attentive to residents

My problem with Lake Forest Park is that the staff was not attentive. They evaluate the residents and charge by a point system. When my mom was evaluated they determined she would need $1000 more care services on top of her room and board costs. If I could score Lake Forest Park in the negatives for Care Services, I would. The staff was "watching" my mom when she fell and broke her hip. The staff always seemed busy doing other things, or talking on the phone, they were not spending quality time with the residents. They complained they didn't have enough help to care for all the residents paying for extra services so they brought in outside help. The contract care was really disappointing and did less than the regular staff. I would not recommend Lake Forest Park for most people, however, if the senior is able to get around and only needs meals and laundry services it is an okay place for that.

So Happy!

Having lived at Lake Forest Park for 10 years, I am very happy and feel lucky to be here. It is a very pretty place and the staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is good. Living here is like belonging to a huge family; we all get along great. I don't have to cook and clean anymore, so I am getting lazy and fat! I never thought I'd live to see that! I am grateful each day! The staff is always courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. Dining and housekeeping staff are always cheerful, conscientious and highly, highly efficient. It is a pleasure seeing the staff smiling and keeping us happy and content. Our activities are varied, with something for everyone. We all enjoy participating in the activities.

Tanya Cruz

I love that our residents,such as yourself have taken an opportunity to express the wonderful experience that you are having at your home we are very happy that we have had such great resident such as yourself for over 10 years that can share with the community everything we have to offer please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your stay. Our doors are always open.

Tanya Cruz

Lake Forest Park offers distinctive accommodations and a superior level of independent living and assisted living services. Our community is designed for those who want companionship, diverse daily activities and amenities with personal attention all in a stimulating environment. Residents are able to enjoy the company of their neighbors and a full program of social, cultural and wellness activities while our staff provides the support to keep life easy and care-free. It's no wonder that Lake Forest Park has received the coveted Reader's Choice Award for the Best Retirement Community on Florida's Treasure Coast.