The Gardens of Port St. Lucie - Port Saint Lucie, FL

Expensive Living!!

I had a tour of this community and our experience was pleasant and I have no complaints. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The floor plan was open and had a lot of great amenities for all of the residents. It was just not the right price for our budget in the end decision.

Great Care Passionate Staff

I want to say "Thank You" to The Gardens of Port St. Lucie. My orthopedic doctor explained to me that I would need short-term rehabilitation after I just had surgery for a total knee replacement. I chose The Gardens of Port St. Lucie and I am very glad I did. The entire staff including Admissions, Nursing and Therapy were so wonderful providing me with a lot of love and care. Everybody was so professional, respectful and courteous. The meals were delicious and it was such a pleasure being there. Thank you, [Removed] [Removed]

Great, caring staff

My mother is a patient in the rehab. She had to go to an appointment and was very uncomfortable and because of her dementia was being very challenging to manage. The staff in general and one in particular went out of their way to distract and calm her. I was so impressed with their professional and calm care. This has not been an easy time for us but the staff here is making a big difference and they should be commended.

Not sure of the truth about this place

My mother just passed away at the gardens. She had been there for several years and I thought she was being well taken care off. I picked up her stuff on Saturday and was shocked to see how filthy her room was. She had some nice furniture and someone left me a note wanting to know if furniture was for sale. Less then 24 hours after she died I had to endure this heartless nonsense. I felt like the ladies who took care of my mother were looking to grab some of her stuff in the room. People kept coming in the room and looked around while I was packing up her stuff. My Mom told me they were stealing her stuff, which was blamed on her dementia, but perhaps they really were trying to steal her stuff. Have no illusions that this is a profit company. It seemed the money was the most important issue with them on every level. I am feeling guilty I left her here because I have no idea how they really treated her. You hear horror stories and I so hope my intuition is wrong. There were some wonderful people that worked there and my gratitude goes out to Pat at the front desk. I have a sick feeling I let me Mom down by subjecting her to this place.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much for your thoughts, we appreciate your openness and we understand your emotions. The Gardens of Port St. Lucie and all other Five Star Senior Living communities strive to deliver quality care and finest hospitality experience to all our residents and we are trying to accommodate all their needs. We operate under strict industry policies and regulations and we hold our staff to the highest standards of conduct and ethics. If you wish to voice more of your concerns, and need more reassurance on the policies and staffing regulations please call our toll-free GOLD Customer Service line [removed] and we will try to put your concerns at ease.

very good and very nice

They are very good and very nice people.

I did think they would be a little better at encouraging her to get involved in the activities and in the community, and they have not.

Overall though it has been a positive experience.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I very much appreciate your comments regarding the positive experience and our nice people. Let’s get together so we can be sure to make a plan to get your loved one involved in all that happens at our community. Just call or come in as my door is always open. We have our Lifestyle 360 program which offers a full complement of social, recreational, wellness and cultural opportunities- we can see what interests her. We’ll encourage her to join the fun! We always have residents who are eager to help our new residents feel welcome which means we can introduce her to some new friends. I look forward to meeting with you.

Patricia Foster
Executive Director

Great Place For Our Mom!

Great place! We moved mom in about a year ago after our dad passed away and it was the best decision we ever made. She's busier than we are now with all the activities and she's really come out of her shell. The food is really good too! We've been very happy.

They could improve on a lot. Going there and talking to them and seeing the property was wonderful. My mom was there for 2 and half days and they totally fell down on the job. My moms caregiver was not wearing her pager and I felt like my mom was being put in harms way. They were very good about coming across and getting us in there, but once she was in there they definitely dropped the ball and I can't imagine putting her in another nursing facility or assisted living because of the care she got there.

Pretty perfect all around!

The facility is very clean, immaculate, really. They've got some very friendly people staffed. I think it's a great value, a great bang for your buck, and they are awesome with activities. I definitely highly recommend The Gardens of Port St. Lucie.

Very friendly staff

They're doing a great job here, we're very happy with the service. They really care about and get to know the residents here. I like that when I call the front desk they can tell me, without even needing to look, where my loved one is. The staff know everyone by name, and go out of their way to make the residents feel like family. When my loved one returned from the hospital everyone greeting her warmly and welcomed her home, which really meant a lot to us.

They were fantastic!!

They were fantastic!! We were moving out of state to one of their sister communities, and they were able to do the assessment for us to make sure the move went smoothe. If we had stayed in the area we would have stayed here! we loved it!! They were so friendly and accommodating. Great place.

Small Rooms

We briefly looked at the facility and looked at some of the literature. The units were just smaller than we were interested in, so we didn't pursue it further.

Located just minutes from St. Lucie Regional Medical Center, The Gardens of Port St. Lucie is nestled on the northwest corner of U.S. Highway 1 and Lyngate Drive. As a Five Star Senior Living community, we pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence in direct resident care, and our reputation for exceptional dining.
Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At The Gardens, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable. We are committed to combining comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At The Gardens, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.