We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Complimentary Transportation
- Pets Allowed
- Hospice Available
At La Vida Real, find the retirement lifestyle that’s just right for you. Reminiscent of a picturesque Spanish village, La Vida Real is tucked away in the east county suburb of Rancho San Diego. Our beautiful campus features 210 distinctively appointed independent living residences, 101 assisted living suites, and a secured residential environment offering Alzheimer’s/dementia care.
El Cajon, California is one of the region’s premier places to live, work, and play. It is the fifth largest town in San Diego County and a safe, beautiful area with attractive residential neighborhoods, parks, libraries, and other amenities. They have excellent municipal services that include police and fire departments. It is home to the national corporation Taylor Guitars, plus Parkway Plaza mall with more than 170 stores. The downtown area has a lot of restaurants and stores to choose from, enjoyed by residents and visitors alike. Events take place year-round that include car shows, marathons, parades, dinner and a concert, Jimmie Johnson day, and holiday events. The city attractions include a farmer’s market, museums, a garden, and Gillespie Field. One thing that people should consider when moving to El Cajon is the walk score.
Information About El Cajon
- The walk score of El Cajon is 56 out of 100.
- Some transit is available, with a few nearby public transportation options
- The median age of residents is 33.3.
- It is home to 271 senior living facilities.
- The average temperature is 65.35 degrees with an average high of 78 degrees.
- The average low temperature is 52.7 and they get on average 12.37 inches of rain every year.
El Cajon Public Transportation
- El Cajon has plenty of public transportation options for visitors and residents who need help getting around town.
- The Metropolitan Transit System is the largest provider of transportation in San Diego County. Senior citizens can pay by the ride or get a bus pass.
- A light rail service runs with 53 stations over 54.3 miles of rail.
- There are more than 100 fixed bus routes and the Americans With Disabilities Act provides free paratransit service to eligible people.
- Local taxi services include East Country Cab, El Cajon Taxi Cab Service, Blue Star Taxi, White Cab, Abe’s Best Taxi Services, MC Cab, Mr. Taxi Cab, San Diego Taxi Company, and Aquarios Cab Service.
- Both Uber and Lyft are available in the local area.
- The health and safety of all of the residents are important to El Cajon, ensuring that everyone from little babies to senior citizens is safe and well.
Health and Safety in El Cajon
- One of the hospitals in El Cajon is Granite Hills Convalescent Hospital. They provide senior citizens with a worry-free lifestyle during their convalescence.
- El Cajon Comprehensive Treatment Center in El Cajon provides outpatient treatment and therapy for people addicted to painkillers, morphine, and heroin.
- Sycuan Medical and Dental Center has four doctors and specializes in family practice, pediatrics, and podiatric medicine.
- El Cajon also has a fire and police department to deal with local emergencies quickly. The Heartland Fire Department serves El Cajon as well as other cities in California. They practice and teach fire prevention and emergency preparedness, and taking care of their community when they have a fire or medical emergency.
- They also help serve their community by doing volunteer work.
- The El Cajon police department provides a range of services to their residents to ensure that they are safe. These services include animal control, emergency preparedness, graffiti removal, hepatitis vaccinations, neighborhood watch, and vacation home checks.
- El Cajon has approximately 363 violent crimes and 2,305 property crimes every year, which averages out to 350 violent crimes and 22.23 property crimes per 1,000 residents.
- There are roughly two murders (0.02 per 1,000 residents), fifty rapes (0.48 per 1,000 residents), 107 robberies (1.03 per 1,000 residents), and 204 assaults (1.97 per 1,000 residents).
- The crime index of El Cajon is twenty-five, which means that it is safer than twenty-five percent of the other cities in America.
Sports and Leisure For Senior Citizens
- For the active senior citizen, and anyone else that may want to participate, El Cajon has a lot of activities to participate in.
- Wake up and tone up help people start their day off right with a good dose of exercise.
- They also have cardiovascular workouts, core strength classes, Zumba classes, water aerobics May through September.
- Other recreational classes include ballet, jazz dance, tap, and women’s volleyball.
- For those people who love fitness, they have two outdoor fitness areas and a fitness court for self-guided fitness programs.
- For dog owners, they also have an outdoor leash-free area for them to play with their dogs
- If you want to go to a public gym, you can join 24 Hour Fitness, take yoga at Optimum Condition, take martial arts at Sidekicks and Pacific Martial Arts, take Tae Kwon Do at Master Taylor Tae Kwon Do, and take karate classes at Chinese Kara-Ho Kempo Karate.
Shopping and Entertainment For The Lively Senior Citizen
- Along with Parkway Plaza Mall, El Cajon has at least thirty clothing stores for men and women, including Hot Topic and Rue21.
- When you need to stock up on food, there are at least thirty grocery stores that include Albertson’s, Walmart Neighborhood Market, and Sprouts Farmer’s Market.
- Even though there is no Luby’s in this town there are a lot of restaurants that serve a great variety of foods that include Greek Style Chicken, Sahara Taste of The Middle East, Anthony’s Fish Grotto, Outback Steakhouse, Thai TIme, In-N-Out Burger, Ali Baba Restaurant, and Por Favor Mexican Restaurant.
- Film lovers can go see a movie at the Regal Parkway Plaza Stadium 18 & IMAX or at Edwards Rancho San Diego Stadium 15.
- If you're an avid reader, you can borrow books at the El Cajon Library, the Rancho San Diego Library, and the Fletcher Hills Branch Library.
- If you want to get a new hairstyle, you can go to United Hair Salon, The Hot Seat Salon, One Salon San Diego, Ava Hair Studio, The Blow Dry Bar, Hair by Nicole, and Hair Salon Couture.
- If you are looking for fun activities or places to visit, you can go to The Water Conservation Garden, Sycuan Casino, Summers Past Farm, Wieghorst Western Heritage Center, Air Force museum Air Group One, Heritage of the Americas Museum, Burning Beard Brewing, and San Diego Aerospace Restoration Facility.
- They also have spas, regular music performances, a golf course, and games and entertainment centers.
Churches in El Cajon
- For those who practice a faith, there are many religious facilities and churches where you can attend services at in El Cajon.
- They have Apostolic churches, Assemblies of God, Christian churches, a Christ Church Unity church, Bible churches, and Baptist churches.
- Other denominations that have other churches in El Cajon are Lutheran, Presbyterian, Catholic, Spanish speaking churches, Churches of Christ, an Arabic church, Seventh-Day Adventist, Fellowship churches, Community churches, and First Assemblies of God.
- No matter where you want to worship El Cajon has the church for you.
If you are looking to move into a senior citizen home or have a family member that is, El Cajon, “The Big Box City” is the best place for you, with many places for you to stay, learn, exercise, shop, and enjoy your leisure time while residing in a town that is looking out for your health and safety.