L.A. In-Home Care - 33rd Street - Rio Rancho, NM

I couldn't meet with the community relations person so Diane was nice enough to show us around but there were some questions she couldn't answer,ex. if a place was available. Being from out of town I had to make a decision quick so I needed to know certain things. The place was very nice, and staff seemed happy, but I did not like the shared partners bath. If I had had the time, I would have gone with Brookfield. Their courtyard is nice and the activities available were great. Thank you Diane for the tour!

No Activites

My sister is doing alright at this community. I do not like the fact they have no type of activities for the residents, and my sister tends to get bored at times. She does enjoy the staff, but they aren't very attentive. I wouldn't recommend this community because things aren't working out well for us at this community.

Stay away!!

Zero stars for this place. Do not go. Caregivers are not experienced overall and change from day to day. Caregivers are not credentialed. Inconsistency is a major problem. The owner lies all the time and actually gave medications to our father that the hospice team discontinued. Several times we visited and no one would answer the door indicating there was no caregiver in the house. A major violation of morality and trust. The owner is not to be trusted. She is in way over her head and does not understand about senior healthcare or Alzheimer's and dementia patient's. Stay far away.

Terrible In Home Care..would not recommend...

Zero stars for this place. Do not consider this place. There has to be better places.. Caregivers are not experienced overall and change from day to day. Inconsistency is a major problem. The owner is not truthful and actually gave medications to our father that the hospice team discontinued. A major violation of morality and trust. The owner is not to be trusted. She is in way over her head and has very little knowledge about senior healthcare or Alzheimer's and dementia patient's. Stay far away. Look at other reviews....

Dump

The first thing i noticed was it was cold in the house. Second the smoke detector in the kitchen was missing. Picnic table used for dining. I know Rio Rancho requires a fire sprinkler system in these houses I didnt see any sign of one. The owner was willing to move current tenants from their room to accommodate me. The price she gave me by phone $2100.00 now was $2500.00 I would not allow my family to live in that house. When she found out my brother would be allowed to go and come as he pleased she was no longer interested. I got the impression she only wanted people that were home bound and had no say in their care.

I had found "LA in home care" through "A Place for Mom". To say the least l was very disappointed. They claimed to be trained to handle folks with dementia. They were not. I was told that the place was secure, it was not. I was leaving town and got a call from the owner saying that dad was out. He was delusional and had her by the wrist going down the street. The local PD had to be called and he ended up in the hospital. In the end the social worker at the hospital recommended that we place dad somewhere else. I ended up losing $1000.00. I would not recommend "LA In Home Care" to anyone for any reason.

Mom stayed there a very brief time . . .

Although Mom stayed at L.A. In-Home Care for just 2 weeks before being transferred to hospice, the owners were very kind and caring. Mom moved from a very large independent living community, to this community, which can accommodate 4 people at the maximum. There were plans for activities like taking Mom shopping or to get her hair done, but unfortunately, she was there for a very short period of time before her physical condition became worse. The owners were very cooperative and helpful.

would not recommend

We were under the impression that they were trained and knew how to deal with dementia patients, and that turned out not to be the case. I later found out that was not the case. The staff was still "in training" to learn how to deal with and treat dementia patients, and it was evident that their training had much to be completed. I ended up getting dad out of there, losing some money in the process. Not a great experience, would not recommend.

Good home care service

Our experience with L.A. In-Home care was a good one, overall. It is always easy to work with them in terms of scheduling, and the caregiver they sent was absolutely wonderful.