Kokomo Place - Kokomo, IN

Kokomo Place - Kokomo, IN has yet not published prices.

Clean, secure facility

I wish it wasn't all private pay as that is rather difficult for us. I do like Kokomo Place. Many of the CNS's and RN's are quite friendly and helpful. My dad visits my mom daily and staff watch out for him too. One day he didn't come in and they called him at home to make sure he was ok (he was, just not feeling well so he stayed away). Mom has been getting good care and good food. There have been some times when mom has needed cleaned better or meds given closer to the instructed times but I do understand small staff and 40 beds to take care of. Some issues but staff is open to hearing what's going on and appear to do their best to fix it. I like that KP is small and doors are secure. I honestly do not know how the activities are as I've not visited mom during the weekday. I know she's played bingo a couple of times and colored with another resident.

Dad's respite care

Dad has gone for respite car for about 4 weeks total in 2018. We find that the staff is more like family than "staff", making dad feel very much at home. He did wish there were more activities and a church service on weekends, though. All in all, its the next best place to home.

Love it!

Kokomo Place has Mom so comfortable. This is now Mom's home. She calls it home and we are so happy. Overall, Mom loves the staff, the food, and the entire experience.
The place is beautiful and lovely. Plus, we love it that it is secure.

Dad is happy

The staff is wonderful. They really have gone out of their way to make Dad comfortable and happy. Dad has been very happy here.
It is a friendly atmosphere. They work so well with Dad and with the family.

I want to live here!!!!

We were so happy that the staff worked with us to make the move in for my Mom very pleasant. In fact, they helped us find someone to help auction our farm to help us. When we discussed the possibility of selling the farm, Mom looked at me after seeing her apartment, smiled, raised her arm and said, "Sold!". It was such a good experience.
The staff is awesome! Everyone is so pleasant, courteous, and friendly. I am so happy. Any time I ask a question, I get a full, detailed answer. I really appreciate that. I could not be happier with the staff.
I would love to love here, too. Great meals every day, laundry done, housekeeping, great staff. I would move in, too.

Our Experience with Kokomo Place

My mom has been there since Jan 2017. First let me say I went and checked out several other places and none seemed to fit her needs better than Kokomo Place.
After being there just a little while I noticed a great improvement in her overall being. She is thriving there - she is not staying in bed all day like she was at my home. They have exercising every morning and all sorts of activities throughout the rest of the day, everyday. There is an events coordinator who puts together a monthly calendar to inform the residents of what they can expect to do on a daily basis.
But let me tell you a little about their staff. They have a GREAT staff. From their nursing (24/7) to their financing to their business office.
[Removed], their Community Resident Manager, helped me get my mom VA assistance, as she was qualified for the assistance. Let me tell you, he made my life easier. I'm sure if I had to do it all myself, with the VA, I'd still be handling it and not know what to do. [Removed] got in touch with people and kept on top of the individual situations as they appeared. To make a longer story short [Removed] more than assisted in getting my mom VA assistance, as she was qualified for it.
Overall, you won't find a nicer place of people who make you feel welcomed the first day you come. You and they call this place YOUR HOME.

This Assisted Living facility is clean and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. I looked around before choosing Kokomo Place, we are very happy , it is the best for our Mother's needs.

Staff is very respectful!

My friend's stay is quite comfortable at Kokomo place! The grounds are clean and well kept. My friend also enjoys the activities that are offered to him. My main concern is that the staff don't quite answer my friend's calls in a timely manner, but they do treat him with respect.

Dad is doing great.

My dad is so happy living at Kokomo Place. The staff are nice and attentive to his needs. They offer some daily activities. The food seems to be fine and dad does not complain. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

Kokomo Place is an assisted living community in Kokomo, Indiana. Kokomo is a small city in Indiana that has a rich heritage and a strong sense of community, welcoming people for all walks of life. Just 50 miles north of Indianapolis, Kokomo is called the 'City of Firsts', home to the first car in America designed by Elwood Haynes. We have historic downtown area with shopping, walking and biking trails, a dynamic summer concert series and intercity bikeways - all making Kokomo a fun place to live with strong civic engagement.

At Kokomo Place we are passionate about senior care. We are committed to being a place that residents and their families are proud to call home, offering personalized care services in a home-like community. Our single story home is warm and welcoming, easily accessible for seniors with limited mobility. Residents enjoy private apartment homes with plenty of areas for socializing and entertaining.

We work closely with each resident to create a customized care plan that meets their needs. Our personalized approach to care sets us apart from other senior living communities and includes:

A regular review of service plans to ensure an appropriate level of care is being provided
Service fees based on need so residents only pay for what they need
A focus on delivering high quality care services
A well-trained and compassionate staff to assist with care services around the clock