KindredHearts of Cottage Grove - Cottage Grove, WI

Didn't have the cozy feeling

My mother in law was alright with it, but we never moved her stuff there because it didn't have a warm feeling and it was also harder for me to get to (I'm the primary care giver). I wasn't sold on it for her permanently, the people and the staff were great, it seemed pretty clean but they' could do more to warm the place up. I liked the size of the facility but I think they need to hire someone to warm it up.

Toured when looking the first time. I...

Toured when looking the first time. I did like this place and would consider it. Not as convenient as other places.

looked and smelled clean, dimly lit h...

looked and smelled clean, dimly lit hallways, small rooms, shared bathrooms average facility- a step up from the current nursing home

KindredHearts is built on more than 25 years of achieving excellence in meeting today's senior needs, and anticipating those of tomorrow. We are dedicated to meeting the diverse needs of today's elderly by offering assisted living, memory care and independent living in a personalized, home-like setting, promoting an integrated approach to healthcare.

We know that building strong relationships with our residents and their families is key to assuring that every resident enjoys the highest quality of life. At KindredHearts, we honor each person's individual uniqueness and empower them to remain in charge of their own decisions. We live it through the care and compassion with which we treat every resident and employee. And, we instill it into every service we provide, every meal we serve and every opportunity we make available.

Our founders, Dr. Frederic Melius and Douglas Hennig, have more than 25 years experience in assisted living and healthcare. Their combined expertise and hands-on involvement in the day-to-day activities is testament to their commitment to excellence. This partnership enhances the quality of healthcare for the residents at KindredHearts.