New Perspective Senior Living | Sun Prairie - Sun Prairie, WI

• No Smoking Indoors

We enjoyed this location the best so far and believe it has the best options for my best comparatively. Unfortunately, they do not have availability in the CBRF portion of the facility, and we agreed my dad would not be a suitable candidate for assisted living. We are hoping something opens up here, as we would be inclined to move forward with this facility.

Stacy Shuman

Hello, Thank you for your review, CBRF has been a very popular addition for us. I'm sure our team will work very hard to accommodate your needs. Have a great day.

Beautiful, cheerful new-ish (5 years old) facility. Feel very confident moving mom forward with this one.

Stacy Shuman

Hi there, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Nice facility but large community fee

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Aunt. The reason why we did not pick this community is that they had a large initial community fee that is nonrefundable. The marketing director was very helpful and informative. They answered all of our questions and gave us clear answers. It’s a very nice facility and the staff was friendly too. I would recommend it to other families.

Stacy Shuman

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at New Perspective Senior Living | Sun Prairie. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

Very Nice, but a Little Out of Budget

We toured New Perspective while looking for living options for my parents in law. The community is very nice. It’s open, airy, breezy, and full of light. There’s a little courtyard outside, and we really liked the director. My loved ones liked the community immediately, but it was out of our budget, so we did not move in. It’s definitely nice though, if you can afford it.

Terrible experience

I’ll start by saying the one positive about this community I’ve seen – the grounds are beautiful. The house is lovely and beautiful inside, everyone SEEMS to be helpful, but in reality they really aren’t. The staff at New Perspective leaves my husband alone a lot and he has dementia. They stand around on their phones, there’s no nurse on staff overnight and there are a lot of caregivers. They’ll go in periodically for activities to get him involved but if he pushes back even a little, they leave him alone and they don’t talk to him. My husband is a veteran and 70% disabled, no one spends any sort of one on one time with him. He’s supposed to be receiving showers regularly and it wasn’t until I helped him take a shower that I saw he wasn’t even on a bathing schedule and hadn’t been since August! If there are other residents who don’t have family to stay on top of the staff, they might be experiencing the same thing. I don’t think they feed the residents enough either. He’s constantly hungry and there’s not enough food it seems for everyone to eat a full meal. They won’t help him change into his pajamas and some nights he’ll wind up sleeping on top of his covers in his day clothes because he can’t get out of them himself. In the morning, they leave the blinds on the windows closed and the lights turned off. There comes a time when the frills and the icing aren’t important anymore and it comes down to how your loved one is being taken care of. My husband is getting weaker because they don’t help him move around or get out enough. I really would not recommend this place to anyone and as soon as possible, I’ll be moving him.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for taking time to provide your review. It is disappointing for us to learn we haven’t fulfilled your expectations. We certainly empathize with the points you raise in your review and would be grateful for the opportunity to address and correct the issues you’ve encountered. We hope you’ll reach out directly to the Executive Director so we can then communicate with you directly.

So far so good!!

Both of my parents have recently made the move into this community and so far I am pleased with how things are going for them. The staff where helpful with the transition and they have settled into there new living environment. They are enjoying there new apartment and think its the perfect amount of space they needed. They are looking forward to enjoying some of the activities at the activity center with the other residents in the future.

Stacy Shuman

Loved Florida, but the people make the place. Good crew here.

The staff here is wonderful! They work so hard and they are really nice and helpful. I have to give them a lot of credit. No complaints.

Love the water therapy.

I like the food. They do a great job. It is even getting better.

I'm glad I came!

Stacy Shuman

Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident, and are pleased to hear that you're happy here at New Perspective Senior Living | Sun Prairie!

She loves the food and activities. She enjoys the staff. They are friendly.

Stacy Shuman

Hi, we're happy she finds our staff to be so supportive here at New Perspective Senior Living | Sun Prairie. Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Independent Living Resident

Would like to have better security at night. Building locks up at 8pm and it is tough to get in after 8pm.

Like the activities when I could do them, but health status is changing and participating is harder.

The food is good and if there is something that I don't like they fix it or change it for something else.

Came here to be close to my children.

Stacy Shuman

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at New Perspective Senior Living | Sun Prairie! Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

Happy in Sun Prairie

I'm happy with everything that people have done for me. I have signed up for all sorts of activities and they have a wheelchair lift on the bus for me!

I have made a lot of friends here.

I have had a lot of help from the staff here in getting settled and things figured out with my insurance and other things. So glad I am here.

Would recommend!

Stacy Shuman

We are very pleased with New Perspective. When we had a family emergency the staff stepped in to help. I had emergency surgery and the staff helped in keeping Norma safe which was my main concern. The staff is very pleasant and helpful when we need it
We appreciate the activities and trips

Stacy Shuman

Hi, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at New Perspective Senior Living | Sun Prairie. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

Overall it is ok.

Over all this is a pretty good place, but it is costly. I am in assisted living and my wife is in memory care.

I wish it did not not have forced air heating.

Stacy Shuman

Hi, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Resident in Sun Prairie

I like the trips. There is beer and wine in the bar, but I want Scotch too.

I don't like that there were no pets allowed when I moved in and now they do allow pets.

Stacy Shuman

Hello there, thank you; we appreciate your feedback! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

Independent Living Resident

Takes a while to get things fixed in the apartment. Only one maintenance person at the moment. Should be quick service.

Nice and clean community. I get to volunteer and help out a lot.

Stacy Shuman

If you're ever in need of more help, please let us know!

Pleased Resident

It was hard for me to adjust to living in a community from living on the farm. We had great help getting things settled upon move in.

I am happy living here. There are very friendly people here, staff and residents. They are available to me when I need help.

Stacy Shuman

Hi, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at New Perspective Senior Living | Sun Prairie. If you're ever in need of more help, please let us know!

Happy Resident

I think this place is wonderful! It has a lot of activities. People are wonderful! I am so happy to be here! There are so many activities and it would be great if more residents would participate. There are so many things to do to keep us occupied and spending time with others!!

It offers so much without charge. Crafts, exercise, trips, entertainment. I enjoy it.

Stacy Shuman

Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!!

Independent Living Resident

I love my apartment! Change over in staff is distressing. When it was Lighthouse it felt like home and it feels less so now. I'm not happy with the change in how the fees are done.

Independent Living Resident

I have been here almost 4 years. I came from Florida; it was a big undertaking, but I am glad to be closer to my daughter. I love to volunteer and help other residents. I don't want to have to move and I am concerned about cost for the future of senior living. I am independent and I like the fact that if I need help, it is available for me right here.

Stacy Shuman

Hi, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at New Perspective Senior Living | Sun Prairie!

Independent Living Resident

I am independent living and I have the freedom to come and go. I really love the community and the friends I have made here. I enjoy it here very much. As it gets harder to get out on my own, I will be able to do many activities here.

Stacy Shuman

Hello there, thank you; we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident, and are pleased to hear that you enjoy your experience here at New Perspective Senior Living | Sun Prairie!

Pretty good place to live.

I like my apartment and the community and the people here. I don't like the rate changes.

Stacy Shuman

Hello there, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

A nice community

This is a beautiful well taken care of community. Mom seems to like the food and they offer good portions. She has a nice apartment. They have daily activities and a hair salon on site. She likes most of the staff, however I think there is some turnover with the caregivers. They did a great job accommodating us and I would recommend this community.

Stacy Shuman

Thanks for the feedback, we strive to provide excellent service to our residents at New Perspective Senior Living | Sun Prairie. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

This is a great place...Check it out !!!

A great place for Mom & I to live.

A positive & friendly atmosphere to be around.

Quiet place, but also has a lot of activities available if you choose to participate.

Good food.

Pet friendly.

Staff is always willing to answer questions & is very accommodating.

Welcoming to our family & visitors.

Has amenities available as needed for the aging.

Stacy Shuman

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at New Perspective Senior Living | Sun Prairie. We are always more than happy to assist you. If anything else comes up, please reach out. Take care.

Incompetent [Removed] and [Removed] who provide inadequate care!

These people are [Removed]! They overcharge, provide crappy service then, They cheat their employees! They let them work overtime - But their Time-clock is configure not to count the proper amount of hours! Therefore, they cheat their employees, the State of Wisconsin plus the Federal Government (IRS) out of Taxes, Fica, and Social Security taxes! In addition, the building is not up to code, it is a classic case for an OSHA violation! In addition, their employees are not up to proper certification by the State of Wisconsin! Not their fault, But New Perspective fault! It is the case of a bunch of [Removed] [Removed] leading more Stupid [Removed]! Do yourself a favor, save your money, time and more importantly, your loved ones from unnecessary pain & suffering! Stay Far Away from any New Perspective facility, especially the one in Sun Prairie, Wi!

Positive Atmosphere!!

My loved one really likes this place. I think everyone is very helpful and nice. They are always willing to go the extra mile. The place is clean and they have occasional outings that my loved one has gone to. The people there are just wonderful. There's a lady I think her name is [Removed], she is just a sweetheart. Also, the lady in the office always remembers my name, she even took the time to speak with me on one of my visits.

No Programs For Future Care

We toured the community and it went well and everything was fine. They were on time and prepared to answer our questions. We felt they would not be able to offer any future programs for us. They were good to my mom and told us options about their care.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you very much for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service. Wishing you a great day.

Beautiful complex!!

I have no words to describe how beautiful this complex was. It looked like a cruise ship entrance when you first walked in. Everything was very fancy and they had many great amenities for there residents including an indoor pool. I have nothing but great things to say about our tour it was just all self pay to live here and my family and I could not afford that.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you very much for sharing these comments. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Happy Residents!!

My mother is adjusting well to this community. The staff is all very friendly and helpful. Everyone is always smiling and happy. The complex is always kept very clean and spotless. The meals are great, every time I talk to her she raves about the food, she has no complaints at all. For activities, they always have new things to do going on. We would 100% recommend this community to anyone looking its a great place!

Stacy Shuman

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of our services. We are please to know your loved one is happy in her new home.

They have a wonderful focus on veterans !!

My wife and I have picked this community for my parents for multiple reasons. During our tour we had ran into multiple residents who could not say enough good things about this place and how much they enjoy there living environment. I also really enjoyed that they have a special focus and interest on veterans, especially because my dad is a vet. My mother was thrilled when she saw they had a therapeutic pool that is available for all of the residents to use as well as other great amenities. The administration has done a great job at making accommodations for my parents living arrangements and they will have a large living room and full kitchen with a spacious bedroom.

Stacy Shuman

We are glad your parents are happy living at New Perspective Senior Living Sun Prairie. We believe all seniors deserve to age with dignity, respect and Life Life on Purpose. Our appreciation for Veterans comes from their dedication and service to our country.

I would recommend Lighthouse.

We like living at this community. The staff are helpful and answer our questions. The meals are good. The people are friendly. This community is only 3 years old and they have done a good job of maintaining it.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, We always love to receive great feedback.

Delightful Tour!!

The staff did a great job at taking there time to show us all of there community and all of the spacious apartments that they had to offer. They had a lot of open availability and different options to choose from. I just needed more of a memory care facility for my loved one.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Lighthouse Of Sun Prairie - Sun Prairie, Wi Visitor. Please feel free to stop by again or call if we can be of assistance. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Worth looking at!

The staff I met during my tour were nice. This community was clean and well taken care of. I liked this community.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you, Lighthouse Of Sun Prairie - Sun Prairie, Wi Visitor, for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service. You really made our day today.

Great place for my mom

My mom moved in about a month ago. We have been really impressed by the ease of her transition, the friendliness of all the staff (caregivers, dining, and office staff) and the cleanliness and maintenance of the facility. Almost everyday, there is at least 1 activity that is of interest to my mom. There are many activity areas. I highly recommend the Lighthouse community.

All 5's

My mom is having a good time at this community. The place is kept clean. My mom enjoys the meals prepared here. She is also participating in some activities. Ii would recommend this community to others.

Respite

My parents stayed in a furnished studio for respite. The Lighthouse went above and beyond to accommodate them. My parents were very satisfied with the meals, activities and accommodations. They made friends quickly. It was a wonderful opportunity for them to experience senior living. When the time comes to permanently relocate, they will be back.

Review of Lighthouse of Sun Prairie - Sun Prairie, WI

the community common area is very large. I think someone with dementia would get lost and disoriented in such a large area

It's like a nice hotel!

My Mom is enjoying being at Lighthouse of Sun Prairie a lot. It feels like a nice hotel. It's a little more upscale than some other communities. They offer a ton of activities, and she is starting to participate more. My mom loves the food. I've eaten there and I thought it was good as well.

father w hospice

The lighthouse took great care of our father in his last days. They were so kind and open their doors to me and my husband. They went above and beyond to help us through this hard time. We only wish he could have been a resident there before needing to be placed their with hospice. Great people and great place! I hope it is still the same when it is our time to think about assisted living!
Thank you to the entire staff!

Pleased

Things are going very well at Lighthouse and so far, we don't have any complaints and are pleased with the staff and the facility

Very Nice-Like Oak Park Place 2.2 miles from Sue's. Off on Hwy N in the city of Sun Prairie $$$$-Staff attentive. Pool, Pub, Sewing, Only 2 years old. Able to start in Independent apt and stay in same apartment as your needs increase to assisted living. Does not take Medical Assistance.

Review of The Lighthouse at Sun Prairie - Sun Prairie, WI

I came to the Lighthouse from Fl. My daughter urged me to relocate. I am so very happy here! Staff is fabulous! I have a nice apt. with my own things. The library needed some TLC so I stepped in. Our residents enjoy the offerings. I have discovered the fun of painting. The activities offered are good-geared to an over 70 age group. A caring community for a safe place for Mom or Dad to enjoy themselves, keep busy + be active mentally + physically.

Review of The Lighthouse at Sun Prairie - Sun Prairie, WI

My parents have lived here since August 2014. They are 90 + 91. I cannot say enough good things about the staff + facilities. After a bad experience with my father-in-law at another facility, the Lighthouse is like a breath of fresh air. I would highly recommend them. They are truly a cut above.

The Lighthouse of S.P.

I came to the Lighthouse from Fla. My daughter urged me to relocate. I am so very happy here. Staff is fabulous! I have a nice apt. with my own things. The library needed some TLC so I stepped in. Our residents discovered the fun of painting. The activities offered are good -- geared to an over 70 age group. A caring community for a safe place for mom or dad to enjoy themselves, keep busy, and be active mentally and physically.

Sue was so very helpful and the environment is beautiful!! Very clean and modern. Staff and guests all seemed very happy and comfortable.

My thoughts on touring Lighthouse of Sun Prairie

The Lighthouse is a beautiful, modern, and inviting building. The staff members I met when looking for an independent living facility for my parents were friendly and knowledgeable. The Community Relations Director not only took the time to answer all my questions, she gave me helpful advice for talking with my parents about moving. I was impressed with the emphasis on the whole person. This facility has first class amenities and a variety of daily activities.

Assisted Living, but better - perfect for my mom with short term memory loss

My mom needed assisted living when she developed dementia. She's very mobile and enjoys many activities, but her short term memory failure made it difficult for her to manage in her independent living apartment. The Lighthouse is the perfect place for her. She had the amenities and benefits of independent living (even better!) She has a kitchen, living/dining room and bedroom and bath. Best of all - a screened in balcony! All this for less than she would have paid for a bedroom and bath in other places.

She has the support she needs, when she needs it, but also has her privacy. The staff are fabulous - caring, friendly. She is happier than I've seen her in quite some time!

The staff at the Lighthouse did a fine job working with us to place Dad in his new home, the building is a warm and inviteing place and the staff is very freindly.
We feel that we could not have found a better place

great

The people at Lighthouse of Sun Prairie have been great. The facility is very nice, and they have a lot of really nice programs. My only critique is that some of the services we signed up for we do have to make sure that they actually deliver on or they don't always happen. Other than that everything has been great.

Very nice, I don't like the $3,000 entrance fee, would rather it be build into the first 15 monthly fee payments. But the facility is great!

They treated our loved one very well.

They did a good job. They treated our loved one very well. There were no concerns over how clean it was kept or how attentive the staff was.

I would say they are doing a very good job.

I would say they are doing a very good job. I was very pleased with the assisted living, they were very helpful, and informative. When we went to the memory care, communication got a little difficult especially over the holidays. It's still new and there is still a lot that remains to be seen, it's a learning experience. We chose them because of the friendliness of the staff and the people we were dealing with, they made us very comfortable. I liked the overall atmosphere, and the location was good for me as well.

Review of Lighthouse of Sun Prairie Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Sun Prairie, WI

Very big compared to Clare Bridge. Beautiful facility. Saw several aides working with residents. I like the idea of a companion room where my mother could have a room mate which is something that she has expressed interest in.She could also help in the kitchen which she would love to do.I don't know if she would feel lost because it is a much bigger community than Clare Bridge.

Excellent facility and staff.

My parents moved into the Lighthouse a few months ago. We had been looking for the last few years at independent living/assisted living facilities. My parents were very specific with their needs and wants of their next home. Of course the beautiful facility and apartments at the LIghthouse were an easy sell, but they also liked that as they progress into different levels of care, they can stay in the same apartment. The staff at the LIghthouse made my parents' transition into their new home a fairly easy one. Everyone is always so pleasant and helpful. They continue to make sure my parents are meeting new people, are well taken care, and honestly see things from my parents' perspective. After past experiences with other assisted living facilities with different relatives, the LIghthouse is like a breath of fresh air. I highly recommend the LIghthouse.

They had a good presentation, and I was very impressed.

This was one of the places we considered when we were looking into options. I really liked it here. They had a good presentation, and I was very impressed. It was clean, and friendly, and the staff was professional. The only reason we didn't choose this community is because of personal preferences in location, and proximity to family.

Review of the Lighthouse of Sun Prairie in Sun Prairie, WI

My parents recently moved into this community and I cannot say enough how pleased we all are. The facility is beautiful and the staff are most friendly and accommodating. There is a spirit of compassion and care, mixed with a good dose of fun! Fantastic!

Review of Lighthouse Of Sun Prairie Sun Prairie, Wi

My father was the first resident at the Lighthouse of SP. He was treated with respect and dignity. His health concerns were dealt with in a compassionate, timely and professional manner. As a family, we were please with his overall care and treatment. As they say in their principals - he was able to live life on purpose and age with dignity. Kudos to the team at the Lighthouse of SP.

Nightmare

The food is good but it is not cut up, supervised, nor assisted at mealtimes in Betty's Harbor. There does not seem to be a toileting schedule, you have to ask staff to change your loved one out of soiled clothing. The activated HCPOA is frequently not notified of significant changes in your loved one. There have been several unexplained bruises found on my mother as well. Would not recommend Betty's Harbor for someone you love.

Very nice looking

We toured this location when we were looking into options for our loved one. This place was very nice looking! It was clean, new, and all of the staff seemed friendly. This was my first choice out of all the communities we looked at, but unfortunately it was a bit too far away from us to be an option, since we like to visit frequently.

Would be difficult financially

I loved this place, it was high on our priority list but it seemed kind of big and difficult financially. There was a two bed thing for when she ran out of money which we calculated would be in about 5 years if she moved here but they were unsure if she would be able to stay there and we didn't want to have to move her again.

Founded in 1998, New Perspective Senior Living (NPSL) is a family owned company that develops and operates vibrant, senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. Our foundational belief--that all seniors deserve to Live Life on Purpose® and age with dignity--was forged from the personal experience of caring for a family member with Alzheimer's disease. Today, the company serves seniors in 21 communities with Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care options. NPSL is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For more information, please visit www.npseniorliving.com.