Oak Park Place Madison - Madison, WI

Welcome to Oak Park® Place!

Located on Madison's far east side, Oak Park® Place offers options beyond traditional senior living for the lifestyle you or your loved one deserve. Imagine an all-inclusive list of amenities and services that support a carefree, independent way of life for residents now and in the future.

We are proud to offer a full Continuum of Care including luxury Independent Living apartments, two Assisted Living communities with secured Memory Care apartments and a Skilled Nursing Facility & Rehab. So one will be able to age in place with us, no matter what care needs may be now and in the future.

Care and Options

This community is nice and there have been some changes that have improved slowly. I do like the cleanliness. They need to have staff that is more caring and they need additional staff that is more available to care for the residents. The menu is ok but they need to make changes. They are offered to be involved with the activities with the other residents. They could improve on some of the cleanings. I would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a family member

Amazing

This community is very clean and they offer two sections. The Arbors is for independent living and Oak Park is more for assisted living. The Arbors does offer two meals a day, however we have not yet tried the food. The staff are friendly and helpful. They offer some nice amenities. I would recommend this community.

Not the Right Fit for Us, but Our Tour was Nice

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. There were many factors that played into where to move my mother to for her needs. This is a nice community, and everyone was very kind. Unfortunately this wasn't the right fit us, but our tour went well overall.

Care for mom

I toured this community for care. The staff was nice and friendly. The do not take medicare for the residents that are needing the assistance. We suggested that families tour this community for care of a loved one.

More about the look instead of the people!

We felt that the community was great. They had a beautiful fireplace in the front and the grounds were nice. We just felt that the community paid more attention to the look of the facility than to the residents. I just did not like that.

I think it could be better

I have concerns that the staff to resident ratio is not high enough. There needs to be more people available to the residents. I am in the building 2 - 4 times a week and there are always people asking me for help as I walk to my mom's room.

I am also concerned about them not having enough activities or a larger variety of activities for all residents. My mom is higher functioning than many of the others and she is bored with the things that are offered to do. She will skip them and sit in her room which is not good.

The nursing staff is good at calling me if any problems came up during the day.

The dining room should be warmer and more cozy. No music playing in the background.

I don't think they clean up my mom's room often enough. Trash is always full.

My Observations over the last few years

I do not have a loved one at Oak Park, per se, but there's many residents I've gotten to know and love, and I care about! My husband is a preacher, and he's been holding services at Oak Oark for about 8 years. I accompany him and try to be a blessing. I, myself, am a professional caretaker and I worked at a nursing home facility (not associated with this facility in any way) and through the years I've had loved ones in a variety of nursing facilities so I am well acquainted with nursing homes and the issues. I also listen to the residents and have observed.
No facility is perfect but if the time comes I can no longer take care of my mom (my best friend) this is where I would place her if possible. Oak Park has annual appreciation dinners for volunteers and during those times the food has been good, otherwise I cannot say about the food. But I have visited residents in different sections, and in each instance the areas have been reasonably clean, and I have very high standards for cleanliness. The staff has always been super professional very friendly and accommodating. Not just to me, but I observe the interactions between residents and staff. Having visited the facility for years, I've seen a few challenging situations for staff (residents being difficult) and the staff's response has always been exemplary. The facilities are really lovely, but it's not just pretty where visitors see, it's really nice all over the facility from the places I've seen. I've visited most if not all sections and spent time with residents not only in the main halls but visited in their rooms as well.
But I love how many activities they have going on all the time! Stuff I would do, not just Friday night bingo or old movie night. They really have some neat stuff. I think they really try to do things that not only help the residents such as games that could help memory etc., but fun stuff. Baking cookies, playing inside mini golf, and doing fun art...some out if the box stuff that looks fun to me.
I am close to a few residents, I love them like family and I listen to their concerns and pray with them etc., I have yet to hear a truly derogatory comment about Oak Park. Once one resident didn't care for a staff member personally, there was no issue she just didn't care for her personality but the staff member hadn't done anything wrong. My honest opinion about that was the resident was being a little picky. The resident said that...That's all, in several years. That's pretty astounding. Having worked in the industry and having family in different facilities, I can say that is definitely not the norm.
I honestly believe that this facility does it's best at employing quality individuals who demonstrate ability AND concern. The staff members I've observed and interacted with are professional, friendly, and are genuinely caring individuals. Again, I would send my mom there, (or any other loved one, I would go myself. )

Review of Oak Park Place Madison - Madison, WI

Beautiful place but way too large. Long hallways and need to ride elevators for everything

gets the care and attention she needs

I am pretty much pleased with the care my mother is receiving at Oak Park Place Madison. I like the fact that they take the guess work out of what the monthly cost is going to be. At all of the other places we looked into that was nebulous. They had a base price and you had to guess what the monthly price would be. She has a roof over her head, food, clothing. She is getting transportation to and from doctor appointments. She gets the care and attention she needs.

very pleased

We were very pleased with Oak Park Place Madison. I just think they gave him excellent care. The staff watched over him really well. We were so very happy with everything at this facility. I am so grateful for the way everything went.

They have been really great, they really have.

They have been really great, they really have. My loved one is not the easiest person, and they have been great! I would give them a five at this point. We have been really happy with them.

Absolutely Recommend

They kinda nickel and dime you on daily living needs. Very comfortable caring facility really other negative comments.

met expectations

They have met our expectations on the care. We have not had any issues. Mom is being cared for properly, given good meals, taking care of any issues with cleanliness and things like that. They have also done a really good experience for both me and my mother.

Family on a one year resident

Very clean, well decorated, friendly staff- food areas need improving. Deserts are left uncovered prior to serving for hours, better cold breakfast items are hoarded by a few of the residents, leaving the later ones without. Spices could be made available on each table, as the food tends to be bland.

THey receive their food from an adjoining building, and sometimes there is not enough of something to go around. Suggestions are mostly ignored.

Activities are held in several places, but there could be more available without having to walk to the next building.

Pub times are well received.

Overall a very good place!

It's clean and the staff is friendly and concerned, and responsive. They could maybe use another staff member or two. It would have been nice to have more information about what to expect in the beginning, when things happen and how frequently they happen, just some of the nuts and bolts. They did give me a list of what to bring, and I was able to get my questions answered, but it would be nice for those just coming in.

They were just sort of average.

When we first toured we were pretty impressed with the community and the way it looked. The memory care area was ok, but not as nice as the other side of the community. I don't feel like he got a lot of individual attention, maybe they didn't have enough staff. They let him call home a lot, and that sort of agitated him. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. They were just sort of average.

Very impressive in many man...

Very impressive in many many ways. Jennifer was very knowledgeable and helpful. It was further away than I wanted, and it did not feel like the right fit for my mom.

My apartment is lovely, and the folks...

My apartment is lovely, and the folks who live here are very nice. There seems to be quite a few activities.

Nice Apartment and Thoughtful Staff

Through A Place for Mom I found The Arbors, in Madison, WI. This is an Independent Living community with quality accommodations. I moved into a 2-bedroom, 2 bath apartment in early August and am quite satisfied with the apartment, and find the staff to be very thoughtful and helpful.

Very helpful and accomodating staff

From a family members standpoint, they've been very welcoming, helpful and responsive to his needs. I do feel that it's worth the money that he's paying for it. He's doing pretty well, you can never get something for everybody but he has some things to be involved in and the advertising is good. They let people know about them frequently and there's a variety of things for them to do. I have not eaten there but my dad says the food is fine, some people mumble about it but he has his things he mumbles about. I'd put the food as a 3, he has his quirks, like no gravy on anything, but they're coming around to those things. They're being very understanding and very supportive.

My experience with Oak Park Place has...

My experience with Oak Park Place has been a positive one. My father has a condition which has been diagnosed as failure to thrive for lack of anything more concrete. The staff are always friendly and attentive and open to discussing problem resolution with family members. It is a nice facility with a wonderful outside area for relaxation. The activity assistant is always trying to engage the residents. I have been fortunate enough to have wheel chair transport available for doctor's appointments.

Terrible!

That place is terrible. It was a joke. It's gorgeous when you look at the place. It looks like it would have anything you would want. It's a beautiful facility but they do nothing. They kind of just left him in his room. There was no one around, ever. Terrible! Ew! He was so isolated.

They never really cleaned his room or anything. He fell there and hurt his leg and had to go to the hospital. When we came back to get his things to move him, they hadn't even emptied hi pee container and that was 3 days later! He had to have his leg amputate and I'm not saying that it's their fault but they were not good about watching him at all. The staff was not friendly or sociable.

Met director, large facility, noisy n...

Met director, large facility, noisy near interstate, price good, no support for indepedent living, good transportation. Independent has real apartments w/granite, fireplace & balcony, 2 meals a day and all untilities

Very nice. Wish it was on the west s...

Very nice. Wish it was on the west side of town.

The Director was a great contact, ver...

The Director was a great contact, very informative and friendly. Oak Park is a definite option, seems to be well-tuned to the residents' needs. Definitely in our top two places based on what we think will be best for Mom.

Head and shoulders above the rest for...

Head and shoulders above the rest for all the inclusions, for memory care, and for the FREE transportation