Tallgrass Senior Living - Sun Prairie, WI

Older facility but clean and pleasant. [name removed], the manager very sweet and informative. Bungalow style apartments, nice to have green space. Quiet, peaceful area with senior center across the street. Heated swimming pool access a bonus.

A Godsend, A Hidden Gem

I cannot say enough good things about Tallgrass. Everything they have done for my father, how they have cared for him has been excellent. The staff is not pushy at all, they're very patient, and they follow directions well. The food is wonderful. We can't say enough good things about the food. We are extremely pleased. I love how the activity center is right in the front of the community, so it seems very lively with everyone always doing something. The apartments are also amazing. The storage they have is just incredible, and I love how the community itself has a homey, quiet feel to it. It really is like a hidden gem. I'd absolutely recommend it.

Tallgrass Senior Living

Tallgrass is a good community for my parents-in-law, and I feel they have been very happy in the two months they have been here. The community was recently remodeled, so they’ve put in new doorways, carpeting, wallpaper, tables, chairs, etc., and it looks very nice. The staff has been very helpful and nice. The director even gave my parents a discount when they moved in. They have shown us that they are trustworthy and that they stand by their word. My loved ones don’t usually choose to participate in the activities, but the community does offer a lot such as dancing, games, outings, crafts, and access to the Colonial Club next door. I would say that their living space is on the small side, but they seem happy here, so I would recommend the community to others.

A better environment for care

We toured this community. We did not feel comfortable with the tour. The staff was nice, They need to make improvements in a lot of areas. The community is very outdated.Families might want to consider this community and take a tour

Options for care

We toured this community for care. The staff was nice and they did answer the questions that we had. The community was dark and did not seem to have the atmosphere we were looking for. We did not like the view in the rooms. They charge for a lot of additional care and meals. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Clean Community !!

I had a tour of this community for my loved one and everything went really well for us during our visit. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to give us lots of great information on everything they had to offer. It was just not the right fit for them in the end decision. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

My visit to the community!

This community seemed old and outdated. I was not impressed with the community itself. The staff I met were nice. The price point was good.

Everyone is wonderful there and they are really nice. Everyone is great to be around. My grandmother is very happy being there.

Her progress was very good

I was very pleased with the time that Caroline spent at KindredHearts of Sun Prairie. They got her up every day and out for activities. Her progress was very good. I think the way they got her to engage every day really helped with her progress. We knew what we were getting into when got there. We weren't surprised by anything. We were very pleased with their approach. Overall I am very pleased with this facility.

dad's new home

Gina who was the one who help us out was great. Dad like the place now. The people are great and helpful. I think dad will be happy now at kinder heart

Review of Kindred Hearts of Sun Prairie

I enjoy living here very much. Staff are excellent and caring. I do not feel threatened or in danger. Meals are usually very good, plus special meals about once a month. Staff is always available day and night. Very clean atmosphere and surroundings.

least favorite...the units ...

least favorite...the units available had front and back doors and no secured doors on each en in the shared hallway. Nice guy, lots of things to do...not for me tho..

Great place

It's a lot bigger facility, they were really great there and we loved them, my mother in law just needed a little more attention, she needed a higher level of care. We really didn't want to leave.

Still getting settled, but everything's good

They're very friendly, the staff is very accommodating. Still trying to get everything in the moving process done so I haven't been able to do any activities. I have a full kitchen so I don't need to go to the dining room, this one was close to where my brother lives and does the eye care. Maintenance, housekeeping, all very good; maintenance came whenever I asked them too, housekeeping weekly does a good job and linen service is good.

Nice and Accommodating

They're really nice and very accommodating. Everything worked out fine. My senior is living there and it's right next to another senior center which is good for the seniors. It's very nice and I was very pleased.

Pool!

They have the ability to transition from independent to assisted living and vice versa. The price was good in comparison with other communities. They have a very nice pool for the residents as well. Everything seems to be going good and we are very pleased with them. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a community that offers assisted and independent living.

KindredHearts is built on more than 25 years of achieving excellence in meeting today's senior needs, and anticipating those of tomorrow. We are dedicated to meeting the diverse needs of today's elderly by offering assisted living and independent living in a personalized, home-like setting, promoting an integrated approach to healthcare.

We know that building strong relationships with our residents and their families is key to assuring that every resident enjoys the highest quality of life. At KindredHearts, we honor each person's individual uniqueness and empower them to remain in charge of their own decisions. We live it through the care and compassion with which we treat every resident and employee. And, we instill it into every service we provide, every meal we serve and every opportunity we make available.

Our founders, Dr. Frederic Melius and Douglas Hennig, have more than 25 years experience in assisted living and healthcare. Their combined expertise and hands-on involvement in the day-to-day activities is testament to their commitment to excellence. This partnership enhances the quality of healthcare for the residents at KindredHearts.