Kind Heart Home Care I - Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Rundown

I toured the Kind Heart Home Care I and my feeling was that is was run down and dismal. It was not clean and there was a T.V. room with broken T.V.s. The female caregiver seemed really sweet and gentle, but there was a male caregiver lounging on the couch talking on his phone. I thought he should have been repairing the T.V.s. The sad thing is that a friend who had a loved one in here a couple of years ago and loved the place.

Oh, my! As I approached this home i was concerned about the landscaping - or lack there of. The entrance to the home is in need of repair. Inside there are two huge, attractive room for the residents to eat and socialize, I think. I was very unimpressed by the kitchen with masking tape on the cabinets. There was only one caregiver in attendance for at least 5 residents. The administrator did not show up and the caregiver was unable to answer my questions and seemed surprised that I was for my appointed tour. The bedroom was clean and attractive but the bathroom!!! Completely unexceptionable. We will not be coming back.

I luckily stumbled on this facility under enormous pressure. Knowing at this point in my dad's life he was not ready for a Nursing Home. He lived there just under one year until he passed Dec. 1, 2015. I cannot stress enough how happy I am with my decision and luck! The caregivers were absolutely wonderful to him and he felt their warmth which is so comforting. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.