Aunt Mona's Care Home, Inc. - Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Perfect Fit

We had toured a few different options before settling on this. The assisted living option tended to remind her of a hospital setting so we thought maybe a smaller intimit setting would be the better way to go. She is doing very well here the location is close to her husband that he can go over and take her home for a visit. The food is very good there and the staff is so nice and kind very friendly. We can't be happier knowing she is in a safe environment and getting good care.

The Right Fit

Mona Mc Callister made a difficult decision much easier. She took the time to acquaint herself with my mother andher needs. She listened to my concerns and worked with me to help the transition go as smoothly as possible.

The residents at Aunt Mona's are stimulated by different activities and family members are encouraged to visit often. Visiting hours are very flexible which makes it easier for family to spend time with there loved one.

My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's less then six months ago. I attempted to care for her myself with part-time help from an agency and family and friends. It became clear to me that this was not working. My Mother was sleeping all day and staying up half the night. She was eating inappropriate things, refusing to take her medication, having bouts of anger and depression.

Since she has been at Aunt Mona's I have seen an incredible change in her behavior and habits. She now gets three balanced meals and three snacks per day.
Diet is very important because she is a diabetic. Having other people around to interact with has made a difference in her outlook. She shared her Valentine candy with the other ladies, so she thinks of them as friends.

I feel that we have found the right fit for my mother and no challenge is too much for us to take on as a team.

VERY Organized

Private home, and we would have tgone with her except that the rooms were teenee, 8x8 rooms. This woman was on top of EVERYTHING though. She showed me all the binders to chart this, track that, all the medicines that were stored safely and locked up, the home was extremely clean and she was very thorough. Very type A personality, which is good for this type of thing.

I really liked this group home. Dire...

I really liked this group home. Director was very helpful. My mom may have a higher need for socialization than she could get here, but we would still consider it in the future.