Golden City Home Care - Torrance, CA

Not impressed with the cleanliness of this home.

I was not very impressed with my tour of this community. Everything looked a little messy for my liking and was very disorganized. It did not have a warm cozy feeling to it like a home should have. I just would not want my aunt living in this kind of environment. It defiantly was not the right fit for us.

No air conditioning. Small living space for the 5 residents.

Taking Good Care of My Mother and Her Needs

Overall everything is working out pretty well here for my mother. They are taking good care of my mother and her and needs. The staff have been very kind. Their rates fit in out monthly budget. There is one issue and that is that my mother is the only women in the home, it would be nice if there was another woman for her to talk to. My mother was use to a female care taker so this is an adjusted for her. Overall it has been a nice experience.

The home is tidy, but not clean. Dirty dishes in sink,dirty bathroom. The patient rooms seemed tidy and surface clean. Two patients were in chairs parked in front of a TV and not engaged at all. There was one caretaker (appeared to be in her late 70s). Ben, the main caregiver, appeared to lack basic knowledge about meals, activities and whether or not patients were bathed on a regular basis.

For the most part they are caring people, but they really need to be more aware. I think they take their eyes off the ball, like leaving the room with the rails for bed down, and the patient falling out of the bed. My mom fell out the first month and broke her leg and I am pretty sure it was [removed]. I think the problem was, because my mom does not walk, they thought "Oh she can't get out of the bed", and that could have been prevented. But other than that they do their best.

In the tranquil neighborhood of Torrance CA, you will find Golden City Home Care that provides fully furnished assisted senior living accommodations. At Golden City Home Care we provide non-medical senior care and support to ensure that our elderly residents maintain their independence and remain in control of their life. It is a compassionate environment that surrounds our residents and offers assistance with daily tasks that include bathing, dressing, toileting and washing. Other simple chores are offered such as basic housekeeping and laundry services. While our residents have their privacy, we do make a quick visit daily just to be sure that everything is okay and to be sure they do not need anything. Our assisted living community also offers three delicious meals which are cooked with a home style flavor in mind so you will definitely look forward to see what is on our next menu. However we also honor special diets and accommodations are welcomed when a particular meal request is made. We also ensure that our refrigerators and pantries are well stocked with a variety of snacks and beverages when you desire one. We also understand the importance of movement in elderly care, so we offer a variety of recreational activities (in addition to social get-togethers). Feel free to contact us as we can provide a list of our senior programs with the type of exercise activities we implement. Golden City Home Care will ensure that a comfortable assisted living experience is achieved, however we allow for as much independence as possible. We pride ourselves in understanding that choosing to relocate and leave your home that you truly love can be one of the most difficult events of your life. We are always here to help and offer a reminder that change can be a good thing.