Sunshine Home Care - Torrance, CA

My step-mother resides at Sunshine Care Home in Torrance. The home is very clean and the staff is wonderful. They take really good care of their patients, you can tell when you walk in. Everyone is clean, fed, and seem to be happy. There is great communication with staff members. They keep in contact with family members by sending videos and photos of your loved ones. They cook all the meals. My mom is eating really good. I would recommend Sunshine Care Home to family and friends.

They have been real good..

My loved one lives here. They have been real good. The location is perfect. The communication with the staff has been real good. They e-mail pictures all the time. They dance with her. The food is good. She has been eating good. I just appreciate the good job that they have been doing with her. I'd recommend the Sunshine Home Care. They are just really good. I am very pleased with all of the services.

Managed by a nurse, small, high staff to resident ratio

I like it because the manager is a nurse, and she sees problems before they get worse. She lets me know to do something about it before it gets worse. Other residences aren't run by nurses.

I compared it with other residences. I also like the fact that this home has its own management.

My mother likes the fact that there are other women there to talk with.

State rules limit their ability to administer medications. This means more back and forth to get changed doctors' orders.

It's a good place for my mother.

We felt that we were misled.

We felt that we were misled. It's two sisters that run these homes, and they were very upbeat and positive seeming, the peppiness I thought was so great, was more like manic. Telling us not to worry about it, and that they would take care of certain things. A week before we moved in they let me know that they wouldn't be able to take care of those things. We waited until just a couple of days before moving in to tell our loved one, based on the advice of Sunshine Home Care as well as other people. They told us that our loved one's medication management wasn't something that they could work with. They wanted to change her medication right off the bat. After the first day, they let me know that they would have to medicate her so that she would sleep through the night. She didn't want us to talk to our doctor, she wanted us to talk to the neurologist they had. They forced her into a diaper, which she didn't need, and put bedrails on so that she wouldn't fall. This effectively trapped her in her bed at night. Day by day she was getting worse and worse. They keep everyone docile, the problem was that she liked to walk. The caregiver is very nice, but she is very loud. She is very loving and hugging, but she was being playful and what she said really hurt our loved ones feelings. She just needs some sensitivity training. They had a lot of rules here, they wanted to know ahead of time if you were coming to visit, and you could never come for mealtimes. This was just not a good experience.

"family like assisted living with a European touch"

Looking for quiet,comfortable home to live?

Come and see us in Torrance.

We are here to serve you.