Kimberly Place - Punta Gorda, FL

We are Not very happy with them

They didn't do what they said what they were going to do. For lunch they give you ham or bologna everyday. Their food was terrible. My loved one only lasted 7 days there. After lunch they rush the residents to their rooms. It would be okay if they were 95 years old, but my loved one is 74 and knows what's going on. We are not very happy with them. I would not recommend this place. I was not impressed at all.

Balanced living for the elderly

The Barr's are a warm caring family, & they run an immaculate, orderly home. I do feel activities, as simple as cards, bingo, games& conversation among clients is missing They need to hire an activities director , once x week .Which has been proven to heal residents...

Good Care

My mom fell and has been in rehab for the last couple months, but she seems to be happy there. Everything is fine. They don't seem to have many activities, but she is getting better care than she was before, more one on one time. She likes the food at Kimberly Place much better.

Much more personal

Kimberly Place was recommended by two different people. They have very few residents, approx. a dozen, so the facility is much more personal. My mom was coming from a nursing home setting that was a lot larger. The food here is more homemade, prepared fresh, she complains that she doesn't get enough, but it is a definite improvement over the meals that she didn't like at her previous home. Kimberly Place is also kept very clean and sterile. It is a little soon to assess "the value" but if everything works out as I've been told I think it's around a 3.5.