Topic's AFCH - Fort Myers, FL

Terrible! Old antiques. Home smelled. Josie who owns is nice but her son VERY VERY unfriendly!!! It was a chore for him to say Hello! Could NOT envision Dad there at all! Dated and not comfortable feel at all!!!!

So clean and beautiful.

Great place, with a short stay.

Finding a place for Mom

My mother has been at Topics for several months,she turned 98 in December. Finding a place for someone you love is not an easy task and emotionally can be overwhelming. From the first time my family visited Topics we felt welcomed and comfortable. It was like being in a very nice bed and breakfast. The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. It can accommodate 5 residents, the dining area makes you feel like you are eating at a family dinner. The sunroom is very light and airy. Topics met the needs for my mother. I would recommend Topics and have to anyone looking for a place for Mom. Everyone's needs are different, this was a fit for our family.

Looked very nice!

If you are looking for a smaller place it looked like a great place! They have the option of a private room or a semi private room. The place was nicely decorated and it was very clean through out. There are a couple different community rooms, a sun porch, dinning area, and also a family type room. They even have a pool!

Topic Caring Center is just what I wanted and needed for my sister....I am very satisfied with all tey do...

TOPIC MEETS ALL MY EEDS FOR MY SISTER

Very nice place!

Things seem to be going well so far! I don't personally get a chance to visit often, but what I have heard from my loved ones is all good. My Mom really seems to be enjoying herself here, and says it is a beautiful, clean, well cared for community. The staff are always pleasant to work with.

Josie there said that they couldn't t...

Josie there said that they couldn't take care of her because she needed too much care and she couldn't provide it. She was there only four days.

LOVE IT!

Could not be happier anywhere else! They are awesome. They really care about the patients and do what is best for them. They all get undivided attention. The interaction between the owner and the staff and myself is great - I feel like I am part of the family. I picked Topic because it was a smaller place so I wasn't afraid of her getting lost. I would refer anyone to Topic - it is the very best. She can only take up to five or six residents, but it is just absolutely wonderful. Josie really knows what she is doing. The meals she makes all herself, and on Thanksgiving I came and helped serve a huge turkey dinner. The cleanliness, making sure that they get a shower everyday so there's no smell, absolutely nothing. It is amazing that you can keep something that clean! For birthdays she cooks a special dinner and has a birthday party. Laundry is done and the clothes are clean. Josie and her son own it, and she hires people to help. If anyone is looking for a CNA job call her! It is a safe secure environment. Top on my list!

This was terrible in my opi...

This was terrible in my opinion. Did not feel safe with a big open pool area as you enter the front door. Very unprofessional an unorganized. I could say more but this should make my point. I would not put my worst enemy in this home.

Great 1st impression

We chose this community because the very first time we I cam for a visit the staff was wonderful, the community was clean and the residents seemed like there were very well taken care of.

Topic's AFCH is an Alzheimer’s and dementia care provider in Fort Myers, FL 33903. Memory care is most often provided in a separate unit of an assisted living facility or a nursing home, but some communities may specialize solely in caring for residents with memory issues. Levels of care can vary significantly between facilities. One provider may only offer limited assistance to residents, while another may provide comprehensive care for individuals who are in the later stages of dementia. Memory care provides residents with a safe environment that limits wandering and experienced staff who can meet their unique care needs.