IVY SPRINGS RETIREMENT COTTAGE - Smyrna, GA

my mama

My mom has been there for almost a year and I am grateful there was somewhere she could go on her limited income. It is clean and most of the staff pleasant, but you get what you pay for. The shades are drawn and the TV is on all day every day. I doubt there is any interaction with the exception of meals and bath routines. The residents sit stoically in chairs and stare at whatever channel is on. When I come to take her out she is clearly dressed in someone else's clothes and her coat was dirty. Even though I called ahead twice to ask she be properly attired to go to lunch.

My mama deserves so much more. She deserves sunshine and people who make her laugh. She deserves to have people engage in her small activities or conversation. Unfortunately, we cannot afford those luxuries.

I am grateful my mom, who cannot care for herself, has a place to stay. She is clean fed and sheltered.

Get Your Facts Straight!

First Impression is very important however I have my Mom here and the Facility in November was going thru major renovation. If you entered through the appropriate entrances you would have seen the signs. This year they will celebrate 25yrs in the business.
The property has been well kept but with all facilities you must eventually renovate. People who snoop and assume can be dangerous. Lets get the facts right. This is affordable assisting living, The home is clean, the Staff are great and work very hard to accommodate the needs of all Residents. This is a big happy Family environment and they have southern home cooking. The rooms are not 8x8. There are large rooms and smaller rooms there. some are private and some are semi-private. Please get your facts right. Everyone cannot afford $5,000 a month for Personal care or assisted living. when your money runs out you might need affordable assisted Living. All Glitz and Glitter may not be as great as you think it is.
Be careful what you say.This is our Home away from home and a good one. God Bless you!
Thanks Ivy Springs for the great care of my Mother.

Family Style

My mother has been here for four years and loves the family-like environment.

A dump.

This home houses 18 adults all of whom reside in their own 8x8 room with no private bathrooms. Each room has 1 light on the wall, a small dresser and small nightstand and a basic armoire, and one window. The floors are dirty and the shared hall bathrooms are dark with a stand-up showers and rotted walls which are visible from the hallway. There is a freight train that runs day and night one block away. If you are visiting you need to stop talking for the 8 min. the train runs through Smyrna. This home is not for individuals with their facilitates who are aware of their surrounding. There are no outing despite the local library and community ctr being down the street- about 1/4 miles away/ There is nothing beyond a small deck in the back for outside air. The facility is depressing and not well cared for.