Carolina Estates - Greensboro, NC

A Community I Would Recommend

This is a nice community, but unfortunately my mother had some bad bed sores, and now is in the hospital. We were comfortable with her living here. It is a good place, the is staff is good. The community looks nice and well maintained. It was a pleasant experience, I would recommend this community. It is a good place with kind people.

Nice to be home

My mother has been at Carolina Estates for about 6 months. Recently my sister and her family visited for the weekend. After a day of being busy, out and about with family my mother returned to her apartment at Carolina Estates. She settled into her favorite chair and said, “It was a great day but, it’s nice to be home”. That is a wonderful thing to hear from someone who 6 months earlier was very apprehensive about moving into a retirement community. Mom loves the meals and the general environment. She always has praise for the management pairs – both Keith and Patty and Jack and Marisa. This has been a wonderful change for her.

Very pleased

The staff is very friendly and learned my husband's name very quickly. He loves the food and the activities. They really do an excellent job getting residents to participate in the special activities. Another selling point was the driver and transportation options available, as my husband has not been able to operate a car for 9 years.
I

Nice assisted living!

Carolina Estates provides great care to my mother. She always has wonderful comments about the staff and food.

Excellent staff

The staff here is excellent. The nurses and the staff have been attentive to all of our needs in a quick and professionals matter. I know my mom is in a great place .

Wonderful place

We love it here. The staff is wonderful. other residents are wonderful. it's just all wonderful.

Charming

Carolina Estates is a very charming place. It is tastefully decorated and always clean and pristine. The staff is amazing and they put a lot into the care and well being of the residents here. The activities and celebrations that they have are wonderful and you can tell that the residents really enjoy themselves.

My Grandmother called Carolina Estates her home for the last four years of her life. As her primary care giver, I spent a lot of time with her at CE. I found CE to be a warm, welcoming environment where the residents became a second family to her. Rita in the salon, the maintenance, housekeeping, and kitchen staff were friendly and caring. The management team of Keith,Patty, Kyle, and Netta are attentive to the residents needs and well being, they were supportive and accommodating to her, and our family's needs. There is always something fun going on at CE if residents choose to participate, family members are often invited to join in too. She especially enjoyed shopping trips and outings on the bus. Maintaining her independence was most important to her, and at CE, she was able to do that. Thank you! :)

Very Happy with Carolina Estates!

We placed my Motherinlaw in Carolina Estates about a month ago. So far we couldn't be more pleased. The Management Team of Keith, Patty, Kyle and Nedda could not be nicer or more helpful. My motherinlaw is 94 but still mentally sound and gets around with the help of a rolling walker. She has quickly made many friends there, loves to play cards and bingo as well as go on outings for lunch etc. There are also many other activities available that she will slowly grow into.

The food is excellent and served in a very pleasant setting. The head of maintenance, Jamey, is also very responsive to any issue and is truly liked by all the residents.

We highly recommend Carolina Estates in Greensboro to anyone looking to place there elderly loved ones into an environment that is safe, friendly, active, and one that truly treats its residents as if they had joined a second family.

Maureen and Rick McDonnell

Friendly, communicative staff

Our experience with Carolina Estates has been a very good one. They've been a huge help throughout the whole process! They were very communicative and informative during the sales process, and kept us up to date on their vacancies. When it came time to move in they really bent over backwards making sure that it was a smooth, easy transition. It's just a very nice place, in general!

Great if your love one does not need wheelchair transportation. If loved one is mobile this is a great place, if loved one needs extra care - this is not the place.

A Wonderful Loving Community

Carolina Estates is a wonderful and friendly living environment for Seniors. The staff are wonderful, the meals are really great, and the activities they provide are fun and abundant.

I have had the honor of spending a lot of time at Carolina Estates over the past year and a half that my grandpa was living there. I was always treated with respect and compassion and love from all.

My grandpa sadly passed away January 9, 2015 with losing his fight with cancer.

The management team of Chuck, Karen, Keith, and Patty are absolutely lovely people. When they heard of my grandpa's diagnosis in late October 2014, they bent over backwards to do anything they could to be there for us. Even after his passing, they still want me to come and visit with them and the residents that I have grown to know and love as my own family.

They have the loveliest special occasions and celebrations. They go all out for the residents here and it could not be more appreciated. Like on New Year's Eve they had this wonderful "candle lit" dinner for the residents and family to attend. They served filet mignon with this wonderful real crab and asparagus topping in this wonderful sauce.
They also had an amazing Thanksgiving feast and Christmas feast as well.
They celebrated Veteran's Day in the most amazing manner that brought tears to my eyes. My grandpa was a veteran of the US Army and they honored not only the veterans, but wives of veterans who has passed.

When my grandpa got diagnosed with his terminal cancer, we were allowed to have Hospice come in so he could stay at his HOME as long as possible. I was also there almost 24/7 and they even let me bring my dog with me. Now they allow pets there already but for them to let me bring my dog, was heartwarming and wonderful because my dog, Leonard, loved my grandpa so much.

Lynn the activities director is wonderful, full of vibrancy and has a heart of gold. He help put together a Chanukah party for the residents this past year. For me and my grandpa that was important since we are Jewish. They include you no matter what faith or beliefs you have. To the staff and people at Carolina Estates all that matters is you as a person.

I cannot say enough great things about Carolina Estates. And honestly do they have their down points? Yes everyone and every place does, but with Carolina Estates, when it is brought to their attention - the fix it right away. And that is key to being a great community.

I am going to stop writing because it is very hard for me to do this so soon after my grandpa's passing, but I will add one more thing, He loved everyone, and he was truly loved there as well.

Thank you to everyone at Carolina Estates for being my grandpas and my second family. He met a lot of amazing and kindhearted people there and so did I and I will never ever forget any of you.

Exceptional Staff!!!

We are delight to have our mother living at Carolina Estates.
Keith and his wife (and the rest of the staff) are exceptional.

nice place double check your home-work before day of moving.

I am the only, 56 yr. old person here. Which gave a few elders to challenge my knowledge. I did not get new carpeting in my apartment before I moved in. Just shampooed. My apartment had fleas. Told mangement team. They asked me,"did the vet, Treat my cats"? "I say yes ", "My apartment needed treatment before I pickup my pets". Vents in the air condition unit had mold and dust. Kitchen cabinets was not wiped clean. Overall other services in the Retirement home,are ok. Meals are very good. Housekeeping/kitchen servers very patient and friendly.

Review of Carolina Estates Independent Living in Greensboro, NC

Beautiful facility. Everyone was friendly, staff knew names of all residents. Very clean and professional. Residents seemed happy to be there.

Staff couldn't have been more friendl...

Staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. My mother is extremely happy. She loves the food and the amenities.

Thank you A Place For Mom!

We chose Carolina Estates because of the apartment, suitable activities offered to residents, friendliness of the staff, and their interest in making sure my loved one was happy there. The whole experience has been great, it was the easiest thing I have ever done. I went online on a Sunday night and found A Place For Mom and filled out their helpful questionnaire. The next morning an APFM rep, Caitlyn, contacted me. She was really easy to work with, the information was excellent, she even sent me her picture which I was really impressed with. I thought my loved one needed assisted living, I didn't even know there was such a thing as independent living. Carolina Estates was the first to contact us, when we toured we were very impressed. They invited us back for supper and my family was sold on the place, this has been the best move for my loved one. (Did not use Care Services, so cannot rate at this time.)

At this time, this seems to be the pr...

At this time, this seems to be the property they are most interested in. Very nice property and location. They really don't plan to move for a few years but will probably get on "waiting list" with a refundable deposit soon.

This is also a beautiful facility, bu...

This is also a beautiful facility, but has less to offer for the needs that we are currently looking for. With no medical technicians or medicine technicians.

Very nice facility! Everything we are...

Very nice facility! Everything we are looking for. Love the location.

We believe that Carolina Estates is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At Carolina Estates, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Carolina Estates features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.