Independence Village of East Lansing - East Lansing, MI

Endorsing Independent Village of East Lansing

I have found the staff and personnel at Independent Village of East Lansing to be consummate professionals. They are caring, sufficient and dedicated to providing quality care to all of their residents. They are always friendly and willing to assist at anytime. I highly recommend Independent Village of East Lansing as a place to care for your loved ones. This is a "first class" organization and facility.

Nice, But Not Enough Supervision

I toured Independence Village with my friend, and I thought it was a nice community, but I thought that there was not close enough supervision there, and I thought it was too big. We were looking for a smaller, more homey place with a good ration between residents and caregivers.

Open and inviting, great activity calendar and staff involvement, rehab on site a great plus.Residents were very friendly and happy. Staff was excellent and engaging.

The Community Is My Home

I am doing very well in my community. They have helpful staff and help me when needed. The meals that is prepared and served here is good to me. They also have enough good activities for me to participate in. I would recommend this place to family and friends.

A Lovely Community, My Tour Was Nice

This is a lovely community. My tour went very well. The community looks nice and well maintained. The staff was kind and friendly. The only issue was the layout of the community. My mother's room would've been far from the entrance. This is nice community with kind people. Just not the community for my mother.

Outstanding Facility and Staff

My mother loves this place after her first week. She had been living in her own home for over 50 years and the transition was hard. The staff and other residents have made her more than welcome. Maggie was great through the entire process in moving her into her apartment.

The best home for my sister to live in .

Really a great place for my sister. All her needs are met . The other people that live there and all the staff are friendly and kind .

5 Stars down the line!

This is a great facility with an excellent director. The food is nutritious and well prepared. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars! The Activities, Care Services, Value, Friendliness, and Cleanliness are all 5 stars as well. I rated this community 5 stars down the line. I have had a great experience with the Independence Village of East Lansing! I highly recommend this facility, You will be pleased.

Director was great! Lots of energy,passion, and seems to really lover her job. Many things impressed me. Apartments are decent in size with older cabinets and bathrooms. Bright dining room with many windows. Price is on the high end for sq ft.

Very Happy

They’re wonderful! They’re very good. I’ve had the food there and everything is great. They have a beautiful dining room. There are servers for the table just like a restaurant. My grandmother is very happy here.

The Gift

My mother moved from independent living in an over 55 complex to assisted living. She was not eating well, she was skipping her meds and she was isolated in her apartment. When she moved to Independence Village of East Lansing we expected she would be sad and withdrawn - it was a seamless transition. She has flowered - she has gained weight, she is participating in the activities, she loves the music, the movie nights, the scenic tours, trips to area restaurants for lunch. She is happy. She is well cared for. The residents and the staff are kind and caring. Independence Village has been a gift - for my mother and for our family.

Independence Village a nice place to live.

After visiting several of the facilities in the Greater Lansing Area, my father-in-law chose this one based on his feelings of comfort, caring and cost. He felt quite comfortable in his new surrounding. He was impressed by the care he received from everyone from the front desk to the head of maintenance and the kitchen workers. Finally, the cost was affordable. He enjoyed his stay at Independence Village of East Lansing.

They are a pretty good community

They do a good job with communication and everything. It was the overall look of the community, it was a little nicer and more luxurious than the others we saw and that's why we chose it. They are a pretty good community.

Unprepared, or didn't bothe...

Unprepared, or didn't bother to prepare for showing unit; felt rushed throughout the time spent, very little info shared about what they offer.Snow on walks/handicapped parking. Several concerns with this site. Affordable. Very good location in terms of proximity

Independence village is great!

My father recently moved in to an apartment at independence village in East Lansing. The staff there is wonderful and have really helped with the adjustment (he was really reluctant to move). The people there are really nice and they have lots of social activities for their residents. He always tells me about his great meals and fun socials and movie nights. Definitely a good choice!

Very nice but Mom doesn't want to lea...

Very nice but Mom doesn't want to leave the Detroit area.

Very nice location, but may be too ex...

Very nice location, but may be too expensive.

Independence Village provides affordable high quality retirement living and top flight services in an elegant yet comfortable environment. With services such as weekly housekeeping, maintenance and 24-hour staffing, our community offers residents the freedom to pursue their own interests as well as become involved in the community's activities and scheduled trips.

Independence Village is staffed by professional caregivers. Each department within the community holds regularly scheduled in-service training programs to stay abreast of the industry. Our staff is always eager to accommodate the needs and desires of our residents.

Our expert activity staff works closely with residents to plan a calendar of events to suit everyone's tastes. Trips to theaters, museums and historic sites are regularly planned.

Our residents understand the freedom of making decisions and planning their own days. Our services are designed to allow just that. If at some point, however, temporary assistance is required, we have an established network of health care professionals including in-home health care to help out.

Independence village is ready to offer you a wide range of services and amenities. We know that the idea of moving can be a very unpleasant one. In order to make the experience less stressful, our counselors will carefully discuss your needs and desires with you and your family and expertly plan your move. Our service makes this sometimes dreaded event a more pleasant one.