The Landing of Stow - Stow, OH

The Landing of Stow - Stow, OH has yet not published prices.

I feel this is a so-so facility. First of all, it seemed as if the facility was not expecting our visit. We had an enthusiastic, but young, tour guide. I know that the facility has been around longer than the others we have been visiting but even the room that is the show room showed signs of age and was not really attractively furnished. Also, the residents did not seem to be engaged. The young tour guide did get someone else to answer our questions regarding the pricing, given my mother's situation and it is about $1,000/month less than the others, but I don't think I feel comfortable having my mother live there.

Nice care and comfort

The care at this community. The staff is nice and very caring to her needs. We like that they take good care of the environment and the staff is always helpful to give it a nice touch. The menu is very good and I like knowing that she is happy here. The variety of the activities is helpful for her with the other residents. We would recommend this community for the good care.

I like the community for the great care for my mom. The staff is caring and they keep informed on her progress. The community is always clean and maintained. The menu is very good and she seems to enjoy the variety. They do offer activities for the residents who want to participate. We would recommend this community for the nice care and outstanding value.

Kind Community, Tour Was Nice

My tour of this community went very well. The community looked nice. From what I saw everything was nice, and clean. The staff I met was friendly, and kind. Everything went well, and everyone was very nice to my family, and I.

To far for us!

The tour was great. The people were very helpful and very knowledgeable. We did see some of the residents out and doing things. The person that took me on the tour was nice as well. The location just was not where we needed for mom.

Prompt And Magnificent Staff

The staff are magnificent and provide the right care. Once my mom complained her leg was hurting and they took her to the clinic. She need an emergency procedure and the next day she was back at the community. They are phenomenal at cleaning, you don't even see dust on the floor. She enjoys the meals and the options. I would recommend them to anyone.

Experience with Brookdale

Our family has had good experience with Brookdale--both in Stow, OH and Winter Haven, FL. The Ohio location is more permanent for Mom (who suffers significant dementia). Staff has gone to great lengths to help Mom adjust from her recent widowhood and multiple residence changes. Our case has been challenging, and the staff has done a great deal to help Mom transition. We have had severe and unexpected setbacks, but Brookdale's people have stepped up time after time. Our situation has calmed, and Mom is settled in the memory care area. We recommend Brookdale to anyone needing elderly care services.

We like it a lot. We think they do a great job there.

We like it a lot. We think they do a great job there. We haven't had any concerns or issues. Maintenance is good the food is okay. We are really happy with it. I would definitely give them a five.

Amazing facility

My father was only there for about 10 days before he passed. The level of care received in his final days was everything you could hope for. They were attentive, kind, helpful, experienced, and completely professional. My father was in the memory care unit at Brookdale of Stow. There is a gentleman named Jeff who cares as much about the residents as anyone could. He was instrumental in guiding us through this most difficult time. The facility and staff are all first rate, my father couldn't have been in better hands.

going good

Brookdale Stow is going good. It's a good place. They have a really good memory care unit which I am really happy about. They have a lot of activities. The program director is fabulous. We are working together on things that Walt can do. It's a really good relationship. It's as good a situation it can be under the circumstances. It's a nice setting here. They have a big living room, big rooms, and it's very comfortable. It is a real pleasant place. They are keeping him occupied a lot. They did suggest we take him out for lunch. I do have to find his dirty clothes that he puts where he shouldn't. They don't look through his things like I do. He has a computer system that is geared towards memory care. He is so happy with it. When I left from a visit they had a film of a woman playing a piano with words on the screen. That is great for them because these are old songs that the residents are familiar with. I think they are doing a real good job here.

We have a mixed review.

We have a mixed review. Some things are great and some we have issues with. Sometimes we go in and they are just fantastic, it's clean and never smells. Other times it's evident they need more staff. They post the menu on the website, but when we go in it seems to be nothing near what's on the menu. In memory care if they can't make a choice, they just give them whatever. The activities are okay, but they need more help, and on the weekends they need a lot more help. It's usually clean, but it's not consistent, We have found a dried on mess on the toilet. The people are friendly. The care seems to be okay, most of the time, but a loved one has witnessed it taking a long time to respond to the buzzer. They did raise the price significantly, for the level of care, but we haven't really seen a lot of extra care. I have noticed that they run out of supplies in the room at times, and that's part of what we pay extra for. We chose them based on location, and caregiver ratio that they aren't able to consistently maintain. There have been some issues with insurance, and medication billing, I would like to see them ask for the insurance.

My husband and I had visited several other assisted living communities and didn't feel comfortable with my parents living there. We feel that Brookdale in Stow ,Ohio takes pride in all they do for the residents. The community is decorated beautifully and is clean!!! ALL the employees go out of their way to help and please the residents.

Looking forward to it!

While the move-in has been delayed a bit, I am really looking forward to things with Emeritus! It's a lovely looking community, and everyone has been so friendly and so helpful. The marketing director was a huge help throughout the whole process, and the community has just been very welcoming in general!

Very nice but a little far to drive. They are remodeling and they just changed owners, so everything is a little unsure. Denise was very nice and helpful. Studio a little small. Not in love with being a second floor and the only room available on the first floor is at the very end.

Very nice place!

Things have gone very well with Emeritus at Stow, I'd give them top marks across the board! It's an attractive, clean, well kept community, and everyone has been very friendly. You just get a good feeling when you walk in, the whole place has a warm, homey atmosphere.

Everyone has room for improvement, but they do pretty good.

Everyone has room for improvement, but they do pretty good. They get back to us pretty quickly. There have been no complaints about the food. One thing they could improve on, is their follow up with residents, to make sure there are no issues.

Nice place, not good for those with mobility issues

My loved one and I stayed here briefly, and during our time there I thought they did a good job. The staff were all very friendly and the care they provided seemed good. Unfortunately due to the way the community was set-up and staffed all the residents, even on the first floor, had to be able to get out of bed and into a wheelchair on their own in case of emergency. After the fire marshal visited the community they began to enforce this rule, and we were not able to stay. The care here is good, but be aware of this if you or your loved one has mobility issues.

We are very pleased with this decisio...

We are very pleased with this decision and really have nothing negetive to say about them! When we were looking around, we found that for the price here and the quality you get, this seemed to be the best overall value!

Did not have a good experience

My loved one was not happy with this place. We had a few different issues that really soured our whole experience here. First, she had some pain medication go missing. Another issue was that at one point she had to go to the hospital, and when she returned they said that they didn't have a room available since she was no longer appropriate for the second floor. They eventually decided that she could stay on the second floor after all. She also had issues with alzheimer's patients wandering into her room at all, which did not make her feel comfortable.

It's a very nice place the people are wonderful.

It's a very nice place the people are wonderful. I've eaten there a couple of times and I think it's good. Sometimes you ask people billing questions and sometimes it takes a little while to get back to you. That has nothing to do with the caregivers.

This facility would not be ...

This facility would not be my choice. The hallways, common areas and dining room were in need of updating. I did not like the one bedroom unit, kitchen area was shabby. Odor in elevators.

We didn't like the head of nursing

It was very nice. It was bigger and the staff was very nice. My family was not happy with the head of nursing there. We just didn't like it. He kept pressing medicine and saying my mom needed more medicine.

It was great when she was still about to do the assisted living. It was clean and nice so there was nothing wrong with the physical space, it was just the head of nursing there.

I would recommend them...

We were only their a little over a week. The staff was very good and nice. There was an elevator close to our room. My father was their on hospice. I would recommend them to other people.

Egar for you to become part of commun...

Egar for you to become part of community. Nice living areas. Willing to help with assistance. Cost twice as much as others

I liked this place and it was second ...

I liked this place and it was second on my list.

I was met at the desk with Director a...

I was met at the desk with Director and giving the grand tour. Although this place is very nice I thought it was a little smaller in size than Sterling House. Director was very professional and answered all my questions.