Hometown Retirement - Sheboygan, WI

Great place, makes you feel at home and someone to care for you 24/7.

Hello,
My dad has been in Hometown Retirement for about a month now and he really likes living there. The residents are very nice and my dad likes the food. They have scheduled activities every day and they have a van take takes the residents on field trips like a bakery in Sheboygan and a brewery in Manitowoc. They wash his clothes, give him his meds, and help him take a shower. None of these activities require extra money above what he pays for his monthly stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The house is very clean. I am really glad my dad decided to stay at Hometown Retirement.

Not what we were looking for...

My tour of the Hometown Retirement went well, but it was not what we were looking for. The outside of the place looked good, but the inside was old and dated. The walls in the apartments had a lot of nail holes and were very dark. The staff and everyone that I came in contact with were very friendly and welcoming, but it was not a homey like we wanted.

Hometown Retirement is a 15 bed state licensed Community Based Residential Facility. We provide secure and independent living accommodations for the elderly in a comfortable homelike setting.

This non-institutional setting offers an alternative to nursing home care for those who are not in need of skilled nursing. Our residents benefit with longer happier lives...living in a pleasant home, rather than waiting for the end in a large institution. Our home is small and inviting, and often when you walk into our home, you will smell the aroma of one of our fresh, home-cooked meals baking in the oven!

Established in 1985, our professional staff have treated our clients with the care and respect that they deserve for over 20 years!