Forest Haven really is a Haven

I had toured a lot of different places when I finally found Forest Haven and I am so happy that I did. The staff here is so friendly, knowledgeable about what they’re doing, and always willing to answer any questions that I have. Anytime something happens with my aunt, they relay that feedback to me quickly. There was even a time when she needed to go to the doctor, but I was busy, so the director took her to her appointment. You don’t get that kind of service these days, let alone someone so willing to help when they don’t have to. The housekeeper cleans regularly, does the laundry about once a week, and takes out the trash frequently. It’s always so nice and clean which gives me peace of mind as well. There’s a girl that comes once a week to do art activities with the residents and she’s wonderful. There’s aerobic activities and cards to keep everyone busy as well. The other residents are pretty friendly; my aunt can sometimes be difficult to get along with but she’s making friends. The only thing that I don’t understand is that they seem to have a lot of sandwiches and chips for their lunches and dinners. However, my aunt isn’t losing any weight and seems to be getting enough food so it doesn’t bother me much. The payment is sort of high, but this facility is valuable and offers so much for what you pay. Overall, the staff is just great and the facility is wonderful – everything is small but just big enough that there’s room for walking around. I would absolutely recommend Forest Haven!