Home Instead Senior Care - Merrick, NY has yet not published prices.

• Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • Light Housekeeping
  • Companionship & Conversation
  • Grocery Shopping / Errands
  • Incidental Transportation

Any agency is only as good as the HHA you are sent

I think the company has been excellent.

I think the company has been excellent.

The agency works hard to find the perfect match!

The experience we've had with using Home Instead for my Mom has been very good! We've hired them to serve as a companion in the times that I cannot be around. Although we are on our fourth aide, they are diligently working to make sure we have the perfect match for Mom. It is a bit like a "blind date" - you keep looking for the perfect match.If you are planning on using this agency I'd say give them a try. Just keep in mind that the first aide may not be perfect fit but you'll get there.

went good until...

They come and visit your house up front to see what you require. That part of it was good. The hard part was getting the person to come in on time and communicate. It kind of went off the rails when they stopped showing up on time and would not communicate well. It went well prior to that, but once that started we had to cease.

They are doing okay.

They are doing okay. There are no problems. We get the same person who comes out to help, not someone different every time. They are friendly, and we don't worry about if someone is going to show up or not.

They are very dependable.

They are very dependable. The one thing, is that the service that they provide is not really set up to provide communication to us, the support network. I can speak directly to the caregiver. There is no standard reporting method, like a log. I wish they had an online log system, or a brief email, things are changing day to day and it would be nice to be kept up to date. The manager was very professional, and I liked that they had a good support network, an office of people so there would always be someone to get in touch with.

Met with the owner Mark tod...

Met with the owner Mark today. He came over to the rehab facility to meet with mom. I found him to be friendly, knowlegable and compassionate as he explained the process and offered suggestions. We had a nice chat and within a few hours he was able to arrange for an attendant who can drive my mother and help her m-f. They are working on staffing someone to cover weekends. The home health aid will start on Tuesday May 20th for 4 hours. I will keep you posted.

Nice Lady

Very friendly!! Good! They do stuff with him during the day. Everything seems to be going real well. Lady is real nice and can't get any better than that.

interviewed with them they ...

interviewed with them they were going to start in 2 weeks then they didn't show

Home Instead Senior Care is the world' trusted non-medical provider of companionship, meal preparation, light house keeping, medication reminders, errands, transportation, and Alzheimer's/Dementia care.

Our CAREGivers encourage, assist,and stimulate our clients in a variety of daily activities that improve their quality of life and help them maintain their independence. All of these services allow a senior to stay Home Instead for longer period time.