Hollymead - Flower Mound, TX

Hollymead - Flower Mound, TX has yet not published prices.

Not a good experience while at this facility

While at HollyMead I experienced the below -
1. Two nurses tried to forcefully flush my IV line after resistance felt. I made them stop.
2. The doctor prescribed medicines were not given as prescribed and I kept getting behind in dosages and they were not promptly removed from vein once given in timely manner sometimes hours later mainly at night. Even after bringing up, lack of motivation to properly give when needed continued.
3. Woke up one morning, ants all over one of my bags sitting on counter. They were everywhere, even in the bathroom. Found a spider behind my headboard.
4. A nurse was about to inject something on my arm and I asked what are you doing. She said I am going to give you a TB test. I said no you are not. Then she said you will have to get a chest x-ray. She was about to do this WITHOUT MY CONSENT.
5. Level of laziness of wanting to do proper housekeeping in room. I tried my best to at least straighten out by bed sheets and had family bring me sanitizer wipes to wipe down areas of room I was touching.
6. I asked for compression socks because of swelling in my legs, and they only put them on me the 1st day and never seemed concerned in making sure I had them each day.
7. I went to this rehab facility because I had an open wound and needed it changed daily, was on an IV antibiotic, and needed physical therapy to help get around on my own. However, I could not wait at times for someone to arrive because if I needed to get to the bathroom, it was go now. So did my best to do it unassisted. Also, when I finally said I needed a shower, there were no supplies available to cover the open wound area; all they had was plastic bags. REALLY? I had a friend go to a medical supply store and bring back a few things to cover the area so I could at lease rinse off.
8. Because I had gallbladder removal surgery also, I needed healthy choices of food. Most of the time, French fries, hot dog buns, rolls, ground meat that looked like dog food, cold biscuits, gravy and even brought a peach cobbler that was nothing more than goop or a sweet roll that should have had apple filling, only a small corner had filling rest was the crust. I did get chicken and sometime managed to get carrots. Because I had to eat in my room, when what did come was cold. I was not supposed to eat fatty or red meat items.
9. Some employees were doing their best with what they had to work with, but others needed additional training, and those who risked me the most with the lack of giving the antibiotics and not properly knowing how to follow protocol when it came time to flushing my iv line, needed deeper level of discipline.
10. Last, during this 5 day period, this facility did not provide me with an environment to help me recover and regain my strength. They did not practice their “Committed to Excellence” philosophy that I found online after my doctor got me out of there last week.
11. When I had my appointment with my surgeon last Monday, I immediately showed him pictures of what I had on the food and ants and explained my medicine situation and he immediately got me out of there and was able to go home with home health care.
12. I hope that the parent company of HollyMeade, Cantex Continuing Care Network makes immediate corrective actions. I have mailed them a letter stating such as I believe we who live in this community deserves more than this. I have also sent a letter to Presbyterian Hospital Flower Mound, to make them aware of my experience with HollyMead and how it risked my healing. There was stress, little rest, and most importantly to me, lack of providing my antibiotics in a timely manner putting me at risk as I was taking this because I developed an infection in the hospital.
13. Just because something on the surface looks really nice, be aware before placing your loved one or yourself there. I hope that something good comes out of my experience because it hurt me in my healing. At this time, they don’t even deserve a 1 star.

I could not have made a better choice for my dad!! The staff take time to listen to your concerns. Although we had issues he and there, the staff address all the concerns immediately . I am so proud to have this facility in our community

Shut it down or Shake up the management

After 7 days, Director basically kicked Dad out because he was trying to escape (wheel chair bound and cannot stand on his own, let alone open the doors). She told my MIL it was the only choice to have him moved to a lock down facility 40 minutes away. Nursing staff is unresponsive. 1 to 2 hours wait time and no response after calling them. Overheard several of the elderly saying noone would help them. They leave them sitting, staring at walls, alone for hours with no interaction. I believe it must be State Inspection time, as they did not want Dad in the facility and made it clear that he was to be discharged. He was only suppose to stay here 2-3 weeks while we got some testing done for surgery. What a mess.

A good place for rehab

My dad spent a month doing rehab at Hollymead. He didn't want to go initially, as he always told me "don't you ever stick me in one of those homes". After realizing he was just there for therapy and to come back home, he had a good experience. The weekends were sometimes short staffed so sometimes it would take more time to get something. Staff was generally nice and cared for dad. Sometimes the night shift was a little loud when talking in the halls. The food was better than expected for a nursing home. The therapy team was great and they did an incredible job getting dad back up on his feet. Justin the administrator called us a couple weeks after we went home to see how dad was doing, which I thought was a nice courtesy. Overall dad had a good experience.

Kind and professional

My mother spent a few weeks here in July. Staff was kind to her and seemed to care about how she was doing. Sometimes the call lights took a little long to get answered but it was better than her previous stay at another facility in Lewisville last year. The food was usually good. The nurse that took care of her during the week (Max) was great and really nice.

Looks can be Deceiving!!!!

New and beautiful BUT the Hollymead Staff is by far the worse we've ever encountered over the last 4 years of my father's overall care. He was only there for 5 days but I would NEVER take him back. Since he is basically wheelchair bound since his stroke he needed help to get to the bathroom (my mother had to help) they never came. He was taken to the cafe to eat but left there afterwards to be sitting there by himself. (He pushed himself with one hand to try to get help at the "Nurse's station" but when he asked if they could help him the rest of the way, they acted like he wasn't even there) He came in on Monday and didn't have a bath until Thursday (Hospice care took care of this). He called for help on Thursday to get his urinal since they left it in the bathroom BUT they never came. Since he had no help so his last resort was to relive himself in his pillow. It broke my heart just how cruel they were to him. I hate to think what happens to the others that have no family to check on their care. On Friday after he was put into the ambulance to go back home, they came out to count his medication. When my mother went though all the medication that was since they were missing the "Morphine" that was never used since he was never in any physical pain! She called this in to Hospice Care!