Highgate Senior Living - Vancouver, WA

Highgate Senior Living - Vancouver, WA has yet not published prices.

I believe it is the best facility in Vancouver Area as I have looked at many before choosing this one for my mom

Good job

All the people at Highgate are very professional and loving to my mother. She enjoys being there and now calls it home. Good job to the Highgate staff

In the villa we don't have many of the services you want rated. From what I observe, the people who need these services are happy and well cared for. I would recommend the memory care to anyone. Food is very good.

Best decision we made

Moving my Mother to Highgate's Memory Loss community was the best decision we could have made. The staff, from the executive director to the kitchen employees, are friendly and most important accessible. Have a concern or question? Someone will take the time to talk with you. This is extremely important to me as I am very involved in my Mother's care and life.
Highgate takes a positive approach to dementia and will help you learn how to deal with situations that you might not be able to handle so that you can have a fulfilling and enjoyable visit with your loved one. They are a great resource and willing to take the time to share their knowledge.
One of the concepts I really like about Highgate is that they do not completely segregate their memory loss residents. Every Tuesday tea is served in the dining room and all residents are encouraged to come and enjoy this social event. I take my Mother to this and she enjoys just sitting there listening to people, even though she is unable to participate in the conversations. The care partners will bring other memory loss residents to tea and supervise them. (Their egg salad sandwiches are very popular at tea time)
I cannot say enough about the care partners. My Mother is a very social lady, but has severe dementia. She is unable to participate in activities yet the care partners find things for her to do, like giving her a washcloth so she can wipe down counters, or giving her a hand towel to fold while they are folding laundry. Little things like that mean a lot to my Mother and to me. And there are plenty of hugs to go around.
Every person and every situation is different. The facility my Mother was at was not a good fit for her anymore. Highgate is exactly what we needed. There have been major changes in my Mother's life and condition and Highgate staff have worked with us during this time. I call a lot to find out how things are going, what can I do, what should I do. I ask tons of questions and all of the staff are supportive, they assure me that I am not a pest.
I can only speak to the Memory Loss community, but I highly recommend Highgate. They are a smaller community and they truly care about their residents. They also care about the resident's family.